Good Win, but........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: Good Win, but........

In Response to Re: Good Win, but........:
    [QUOTE]   Guys,if i was a fan of another team, i would be scared to death of the C's. We have 10 players who can score double figures in any given game. We are still the best defensive team in the league. Pierce looks better than he has in the last 3 years. KG is way ahead of last year, we have with out a doubt the best bench in the league, Ray looks as good as ever, Rondo is better than ever, and Baby is becoming a force. Shaq fits in perfectly, so far and i don't see that changing.  I just don't see whats not to like about this years Celtic team.
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

10 players wgho can score in double figures in any given game......

wow.... really - they scored 88 last night against a team in disarray after playing all but 3 minutes of the preseason without their second best player.  The Cs were about the 15th best offense in the league last year.

KG is ahead of last year - minus the 7 turnovers.

Rondo is better than ever if you continue to ignore the pressure that he places on his own team's offense by being simply the worst shooter in the league - Doc said after the finals that Rondo's inability to shoot really hurt them in the playoffs - confirmed by Coach K.  17 assists to 4 hall of famers.... wow - he may have fewer assists if he could shoot - like even an average point guard.  He did nothing that just about every point guard in the league can do last night - oh and some of them can make wide open jumpers.  How about 12 assists and making a few open jumpers like a normal point guard and not being a complete nonfactor at the offensive end of the floor.

55 wins - 3rd or 4th seed, tank a bunch of games to conserve minutes, play great defense and challenge for a title......  10 guys who can score double figures any given night????  If it adds up to 88 on average who cares if there are 10 guys that can score 10 any given night. 

Tonight they win by 25 and let the snow ball start rolling down the hill.

The best defensive team in the league?  When push comes to shove, I think the Heat will be holding their opponents to the lowest scoring average and lowest shooting %.

Don't get me wrong the Cs are right there and will most likely contend for a title if healthy but picture the Cs of 2 years ago when they brought 3 30somethings together..... the Heat have brought together 3 players whose average age is 5 years younger and none of the 3 the Cs brought together are as good as the 3 Miami has put together except Bosh who is completely overlooked in this scenario - he has not been an all-star every year he has been in the league for no reason.  When they integrate a healthy Wade, they are going to steam roll.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I think i'm starting to see "whats not to like" after only two games!!

As another great poster would say, hahaha!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigegg. Show bigegg's posts

Nothing new

Losing double digit lead in the second half, mediocer offense from KG, turnovers after turnovers, no closer in the game, ...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Nothing new

In Response to Nothing new:
    [QUOTE]Losing double digit lead in the second half, mediocer offense from KG, turnovers after turnovers, no closer in the game, ...
    Posted by bigegg[/QUOTE]

You expecting the Celtics to go unbeaten, 82-0, this season?

Losing to the Cavs I can live with, losing to the Heat on opening is unthinkable. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]yes, lebron and wade had a TON of turnovers tonight.  i betcha 15 between the two of 'em.  this was not a pretty game.  we had turnovers, offensive continuity issues, decent defensive intensity and on the other hand, miamee had lebron doing the ugliest ball hogging and bull dozing jobs i've ever seen. if the refs ever start calling the bulldozer act for what it is (nobody else in league gets away with it) then bronnie will have to get a new shtick.  for goodness sakes, he has enough physical talent to juke people and get off an honest shot, even in the post w/o all the elbows and crap. all said, we did fine.  we beat the "favorite" team of the east and kg was a turnover machine, rondo didn't score and nate had a bad shooting game and jermaine o'neal could have played the same from inside a casket with all of the nails in it.  things will only get better from here for us. for miami, i think they have a lot more of awful-to-look-at bronballhoggin to sit through and i don't think mike ("shy to shoot") miller is any sort of answer for them.  and when bron ain't ball hoggin, bosh will be shrinking from the challenge of doing anything but gunning open J's.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]
    you realize the heat had ZERO offensive cohesiveness and still the game was only decided in the final minute?

they couldnt have and probably wont play any worse than they did tuesday night this whole year and still almost tied it

thats speaks to how ridiculously good the big 3 are(and how poorly they played tuesday night) and how schooled they are as defenders

im not gonna sit here and talk trash but the next game against the C's will be different and not just because of location

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Nothing new:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Nothing new : You expecting the Celtics to go unbeaten, 82-0, this season? Losing to the Cavs I can live with, losing to the Heat on opening is unthinkable. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    losing to a team that will be lucky to put together 25 wins is more unthinkable than losing to the heat no matter how you slice it

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Jimmy Jack thinks he's back
    Jimmy Jack wants to talk smack
    But Jimmy Jack has lost his cred
    Yes, Jimmy Jack's cred is dead
    Yesterday, Jimmy Jack showed no sac!

Face the music, son - no one cares what you think anymore, you HID like a coward the day after your team was dismantled.   It's 1-0 Boston until further notice.  NO ONE will talk about the next game with you- or anything else, you are a coward who talks smack, then hides
    I advise us all to put the coward on ignore!!!

Bye Jimmy!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nothing new : losing to a team that will be lucky to put together 25 wins is more unthinkable than losing to the heat no matter how you slice it
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

But BEATING the Heat, after listening to your drivel was SWEET!!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indiansbacker. Show Indiansbacker's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nothing new : losing to a team that will be lucky to put together 25 wins is more unthinkable than losing to the heat no matter how you slice it

I don't care what you or the herd of national pundits say -- Cavs are a 35 to 41 win team this year!  Byron Scott can coach athletes, and Cavs have athletes (Hickson, Sessions, Gibson, Moon, Hollins, Mo)!  Run, run, run that Princeton offense!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]Jimmy Jack thinks he's back Jimmy Jack wants to talk smack But Jimmy Jack has lost his cred Yes, Jimmy Jack's cred is dead Yesterday, Jimmy Jack showed no sac! Face the music, son - no one cares what you think anymore, you HID like a coward the day after your team was dismantled.   It's 1-0 Boston until further notice.  NO ONE will talk about the next game with you- or anything else, you are a coward who talks smack, then hides I advise us all to put the coward on ignore!!! Bye Jimmy!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    A. elections are coming up...big day in the politics forum
    B. i gave your team credit and wished you luck the rest of the way
    C. you are a sore winner
    D. im not your son...and thank god for that or else i would have offed myself years ago
    E. boston is 1-1, so is miami...get over it
    F. please put me on ignore
    G. another heat-celtics game coming up...should be fun

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nothing new : But BEATING the Heat, after listening to your drivel was SWEET!!!!!!
    congrats...and you get the chance to do it again soon...good luck sore winner(loser)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nothing new : I don't care what you or the herd of national pundits say -- Cavs are a 35 to 41 win team this year!  Byron Scott can coach athletes, and Cavs have athletes (Hickson, Sessions, Gibson, Moon, Hollins, Mo)!  Run, run, run that Princeton offense!
    Posted by Indiansbacker[/QUOTE]
    i think the cavs can outrun the older teams in the league...but in the young man's league...they need a dominant scorer and it will hurt them throughout the year

but good luck to you nonetheless

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

losing leads again..... it happens to every team.. but it seems to happen to us ALOT more -_- being outscored 27-14 in the 4th is unacceptable...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Win, but........ : A. elections are coming up...big day in the politics forum B. i gave your team credit and wished you luck the rest of the way C. you are a sore winner D. im not your son...and thank god for that or else i would have offed myself years ago E. boston is 1-1, so is miami...get over it F. please put me on ignore G. another heat-celtics game coming up...should be fun

No one read your post - you should have posted it here. You did wish us luck, but did not give us credit  - that is a bold faced lie.  I will put  you on ignore, IF you have the stones to make the same post here, where it should have been in the first place.  In addition, I will stop calling you son IF you stop calling me BUB!

Deal?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nothing new : congrats...and you get the chance to do it again soon...good luck sore winner(loser)

For the record, this is what you wrote (cowardly in a POLITICS forum yesterday):

congrats on your win 3 more rounds in the regular season but with the way the heat played in the first half...and to have the game decided in its final minute...doesnt speak too kindly to how the celtics played either good luck the rest of the way

Now if you can show me where you give my team credit for being the better team (congrats doesn't cut it), then I will admit I am a sore winner.  However, the time for that was yesterday, and the place was here.  There was a poll taken and 75% of us thought you wouldn't have the stones to show your face here and take it like a man, after all your BS.  Looks like they were right!!

Have a great day!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Win, but........ : No one read your post - you should have posted it here. You did wish us luck, but did not give us credit  - that is a bold faced lie.  I will put  you on ignore, IF you have the stones to make the same post here, where it should have been in the first place.  In addition, I will stop calling you son IF you stop calling me BUB! Deal?
    i didnt give the C's credit because they didnt beat miami, miami did

missed jumpers and turnovers(not many of them forced) all over the place did the heat in

its ok bub, i know you are sore winner...and onto the next round

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Win, but........ : i didnt give the C's credit because they didnt beat miami, miami did missed jumpers and turnovers(not many of them forced) all over the place did the heat in its ok bub, i know you are sore winner...and onto the next round

The heat are obviously going to win some games this year, but how did they manage to build their team, and have nothing going in the low post? 

People talk about Lebron being the best in the game, but he can't play with his back to the basket. How does a guy with that much athletic ability, and huge size advantage go into his eighth year in the league without developing a dominant post game? 

Chris Bosh is the same way, dude is a face up, no post game having fraud. 

The Heat either develop something dominant down low in the post, or they will never do anything significant against the elite teams in a seven game grind it out series. Bynum, Odom, and Gasol will will leave nothing but a pile of bones feasting on that junk the Heat have working up front.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Win, but........ : The heat are obviously going to win some games this year, but how did they manage to build their team, and have nothing going in the low post?  People talk about Lebron being the best in the game, but he can't play with his back to the basket. How does a guy with that much athletic ability, and huge size advantage go into his eighth year in the league without developing a dominant post game?  Chris Bosh is the same way, dude is a face up, no post game having fraud.  The Heat either develop something dominant down low in the post, or they will never do anything significant against the elite teams in a seven game grind it out series. Bynum, Odom, and Gasol will will leave nothing but a pile of bones feasting on that junk the Heat have working up front.
    Posted by Give-in-to-it[/QUOTE]
    because for alot of players, an effective post game is the last part of their game that comes along

jordan was terrible at posting up people until the mid-90's...he just used his speed and athleticism to go around or through defenders

as for bosh...he has never had another good big man with him on any team, nor a coach known for their work with big men

i agree with you that i think it will have to be something to they work on to become more effective in the half court and i think that as the big 3 continue to play and have their continuity grow, the benefits will be seen at both ends of the court

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Win, but........ : i didnt give the C's credit because they didnt beat miami, miami did missed jumpers and turnovers(not many of them forced) all over the place did the heat in its ok bub, i know you are sore winner...and onto the next round

Here is one of your more recent posts:

A. elections are coming up...big day in the politics forum
    B. i gave your team credit and wished you luck the rest of the way
    C. you are a sore winner
    D. im not your son...and thank god for that or else i would have offed myself years ago
    E. boston is 1-1, so is miami...get over it
    F. please put me on ignore
    G. another heat-celtics game coming up...should be fun

Compare B above, which you wrote yesterday, and the boldface in your post from today.  Which is it, BUB? Giving us credit or not?

Give us credit and I leave you alone.............otherwise, you are just a two-faced liar!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Win, but........ : because for alot of players, an effective post game is the last part of their game that comes along jordan was terrible at posting up people until the mid-90's...he just used his speed and athleticism to go around or through defenders as for bosh...he has never had another good big man with him on any team, nor a coach known for their work with big men i agree with you that i think it will have to be something to they work on to become more effective in the half court and i think that as the big 3 continue to play and have their continuity grow, the benefits will be seen at both ends of the court

Apples and oranges, son!!

Jordan was  a 6'6" SG, while Bosh is a 7' PF/C.  Bosh is a good offensive and defensive rebounder, why does he not have an inside game?   Answer:  because he doesn't feel the need to work at it if he can hit from outside.  It's more akin to Rondo and his FT's than Jordan.  If Rondo feels it's important, he will work on his FT's.   If not, he won't.  Same with Bosh, it's not important to him right now....and it may never be!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobetheman. Show kobetheman's posts

[QUOTE]When Perk comes back the bench gets deeper. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Doubt Perk makes it back.  Slight chance before the playoffs and even then he will be only 50%.