Gordon Heyward: Less Efficient than the Big Dig

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Re: Gordon Heyward: Less Efficient than the Big Dig

I'd like to see Rondo, Crawford, and Green play together, but I think Rondo will be traded at some point, because he is too expensive for a point guard not named Chris Paul.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to KJandHondo's comment:

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to scubber's comment:

Such as, Evan Turner, Greivis Vasquez, Eric Bledsoe.  Again, all of these players will be signed by their own teams, I am not sure why we are talking about Hayward.  And it is not up to Hayward to want more, Utah will match any reasonable offer.  It makes no sense for the Celtics to overpay to get him.

Maybe and maybe not ... The Pierce $10.3MM TPE can't be used to sign a FA. It must be used in a trade. Utah may be happy to do a S&T of Hayward for a nice new TPE of their own. Otherwise the C's have until 7/15/14 (???) to find a trade partner with a player Danny wants.

That said, Evan Turner and Lance Stephenson are interesting pieces as well and Philly could be interested in a S&T ... Not so sure about Bird though.

But why even use a S&T on Hayward, the kid is not effective defensively and not efficient offensively.  And to Clarify I wasn’t saying DA should go get Bean Burrito Nick Young only that his “volume shooting” is way more efficient than the bricks Hayward lays every game.  Hayward’s atrocious stats makes even average players look great.  I just wish 1 poster would give me an actual reason why Hayward is so commonly suggested to go get in whatever fashion be it over or under paying him.  The only player statically having a worse season efficiently speaking is Pressy, so every other guard option is better on the Celtics roster.  In what fantasy is the Celtics a better team with a SG that can barely shoot 30% from deep??

[/QUOTE]

If you think Stevens is a sharp coach and believe in him then pay attention to his words;

Hayward’s final line was 28 points, nine rebounds and five assists, but the box score didn’t do his performance justice. He played the entire fourth quarter, scoring eight points, nabbing five rebounds and dealing out three assists without a turnover. He added a steal, which led to a layup during Utah’s fourth-quarter comeback, to boot. “He’s a lot better than when I coached him,” said Stevens, who was Hayward’s coach at Butler. “Man. And he was good when I coached him. I thought he was the best player in college at the time, and man has he improved. “I’m proud of him. Again, I can’t tell you what that feels like, because I was there when he was a puppy, when he was in junior high school and he was a good tennis player and nobody was recruiting him. It was like, ‘You think we should offer that guy a scholarship? Nobody’s looking at him. Nobody’s even in the building.’ “It was probably a good decision, in retrospect. He’s awfully good.”

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/11/gordon-hayward-better-than-brad-stevens-remembers-and-other-impressions-from-celtics-win-over-jazz/

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

http://www.nba.com/advancedstats/player-vs-player.html#Avery-Bradley-vs-Gordon-Hayward|202340,202330;year=201213;season=r

Bradley has peaked.  Hayward has improved every year.

Bradley is 6'2"

Hayward is 6'8"

If they both want the same money, shouldn't you go for the one who's "marginally" better?  (which is a matter of opinion, btw!)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Would guys prefer swapping Bradley with Hayward and paying Hayward 8m per year?

[/QUOTE]

if they are at the same price.. yes, i would

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

[QUOTE]

http://www.nba.com/advancedstats/player-vs-player.html#Avery-Bradley-vs-Gordon-Hayward|202340,202330;year=201213;season=r

Bradley has peaked.  Hayward has improved every year.

Bradley is 6'2"

Hayward is 6'8"

If they both want the same money, shouldn't you go for the one who's "marginally" better?  (which is a matter of opinion, btw!)

[/QUOTE]

I disagree that Bradley has peaked.

He's just 23 years old.

[/QUOTE]

hayward is also 23 years old though.

sorry fierce this time i with hedleylamarr.

if only he can be a effecttive pg why not? but his ball handling is terrible.

if he plays like a young jason terry or joe dumars, then he is a keeper

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:

[QUOTE]

if they are at the same price.. yes, i would

[/QUOTE]

Agree.

If Bradley and Hayward would both cost 8m per year, Hayward has the advantage because he's bigger.

The question is would Utah want a sign and trade with Boston for Bradley?

I don't think we can get Hayward as a RFA if we don't overpay.

[/QUOTE]

i dont think so. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:

[QUOTE]

hayward is also 23 years old though.

sorry fierce this time i with hedleylamarr.

if only he can be a effecttive pg why not? but his ball handling is terrible.

if he plays like a young jason terry or joe dumars, then he is a keeper

[/QUOTE]

Like I said, if can sign and trade Bradley for Hayward then I'm all for it.

But if Utah doesn't want Bradley then we'd have to overpay for Hayward.

That means we'd have to offer Hayward around 10-12m per year so that Utah will not match.

[/QUOTE]

i get it. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

If we can trade Bradley this year then we can go after Hayward with our TPE. A team rarely uses an entire TPE if any of it at all. Hayward has a QO of $4.7MM ... How far will Utah go to keep him if he wants out?  I don't think Utah will overpay for him nor will Danny. $10-12MM is silly talk ... We have nothing to lose by offering the same $ that AB is looking for ($8MM/Yr) and seeing if Utah matches or not. If they don't want to go from $4.7 to $8MM that is understandable and maybe they'd prefer getting a TPE in a S&T for another player. If not, we move on to Evan Turner!!!

15. This post has been removed.