Gortat wants to leave suns

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Re: Gortat wants to leave suns

http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/article_external/celtics_veterans_pushing_team_to_sign_kenyon_martin/12251215 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

With these two, our rebouding probems are a thing of the past, and we regain our tough guy attitudes....

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to The BIG TICKET's comment:
    [QUOTE]

if im ainge.. i wont insert green and sully for any kind of trade 

[/QUOTE]

I would.  Gortat would help this team a lot.  Maybe not Sully but Bradley?  Maybe.  Green? for sure.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/marcin-gortat-on-the-celtics-radar-745672.html

Do it Danny boy...

[/QUOTE]

I agree with this article, if Ainge wants him it may take Bass and Bradley to get him. Frankly I think it would improve the team ( though losing bradley hurts in the longer term).

I also like the idea of including Dudley in any deal , especially if it means we move Jeff Green. $8Million plus...PLEASE!!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

For all those dreaming of the still unrealistic Varejao idea, Gortat is a more realistic and exciting name to think about. Certainly many teams out there could trump a Lee, Melo and pick(s) package, and Avery is needed to defend Wade. Sully might be the guy to go if such a trade were to happen. Bass, Wilcox, Green and KG would all still be here to play PF.

Speaking of Green, I'd prefer to swap him for Dudley in any deal over giving up Sully or Bradley. Green-Melo-Lee for Gortat-Dudley-Telfair is a 14.5m for 13 million swap.

[/QUOTE]

Rameakap,

Varajao is not a easy get but the fact remains he is a player that Cleveland might trade.  You have thought so in the recent past as I remember.  Gortat would be a very good choice as well.  He with KG could be a defensive nightmare for most teams.  The problem is we need to Green and Lee to play well to make a trade like this happen.  Not to be sitting on the bench.

The people on this board will scream and cry as soon as Green plays a string of good games and probably even Lee. Luckily Danny will be making this decision. The rebounding is going to get worse for us and the need can barely wait until January.

I should also add Sullinger as a trade possibility.  Sully can play well in games like the Piston game but he is not a factor in most games no matter how well he plays.  I like him mind you but the Celtics needs for a big man are overwhelming and waiting to Jan. even is a great risk for KG.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to kdp59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/marcin-gortat-on-the-celtics-radar-745672.html

Do it Danny boy...

[/QUOTE]

I agree with this article, if Ainge wants him it may take Bass and Bradley to get him. Frankly I think it would improve the team ( though losing bradley hurts in the longer term).

I also like the idea of including Dudley in any deal , especially if it means we move Jeff Green. $8Million plus...PLEASE!!

[/QUOTE]

Dudley over green?? are u serious?? nah..

dudley averaging 8.5 ppg, 42% FG in 27 mpg despite of being the starting SG for suns

Green is averaging 8.2ppg, 44% FG in 22 mpg "OFF THE BENCH"

[/QUOTE]

Dudley is a natural SF and better defender at that position than Green. It is not a point of 'who is the more talented player' it is a point of inserting Green into a trade package over Sully and Bradley, two players I value more.

Dudley fits better as a 20-24 min backup to Pierce and makes HALF what Green does over the same length of contract. He won't have dunks like the one Green did on Big Al, but he's shot 40% on 3's in his career and is a real tough kid, a BC alum also. 

I'd rather move Lee, Melo and Green for Gortat and Dudley in December than Bass, Bradley and Melo for Gortat in January.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

concord27

Melo, Lee, and picks for Gortat can be done on Dec. 15.

[/QUOTE]

It would be great if that deal happened.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'd rather move Lee, Melo and Green for Gortat and Dudley in December than Bass, Bradley and Melo for Gortat in January.

[/QUOTE]

There you go again with wrong information.

Jeff Green can't be traded until January 15, 2013.

[/QUOTE]

My bad, if that is true then I admit to making a mistake, it happens every so often. But I don't make little mistakes like that nearly as often as you put your foot in your mouth tho.

Lee, Melo and 1-2 picks is probably not enough to get Gortat, but it would be nice if it did.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to kdp59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Do it Danny boy...

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dudley over green?? are u serious?? nah..

dudley averaging 8.5 ppg, 42% FG in 27 mpg despite of being the starting SG for suns

Green is averaging 8.2ppg, 44% FG in 22 mpg "OFF THE BENCH"

[/QUOTE]

Dudley is a natural SF and better defender at that position than Green. It is not a point of 'who is the more talented player' it is a point of inserting Green into a trade package over Sully and Bradley, two players I value more.

Dudley fits better as a 20-24 min backup to Pierce and makes HALF what Green does over the same length of contract. He won't have dunks like the one Green did on Big Al, but he's shot 40% on 3's in his career and is a real tough kid, a BC alum also. 

[/QUOTE]

I agrfee that is a good move...........when is Bradley due back?  That would only leave us with Rondo, Barbosa and Terry.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

For all those dreaming of the still unrealistic Varejao idea, Gortat is a more realistic and exciting name to think about. Certainly many teams out there could trump a Lee, Melo and pick(s) package, and Avery is needed to defend Wade. Sully might be the guy to go if such a trade were to happen. Bass, Wilcox, Green and KG would all still be here to play PF.

Speaking of Green, I'd prefer to swap him for Dudley in any deal over giving up Sully or Bradley. Green-Melo-Lee for Gortat-Dudley-Telfair is a 14.5m for 13 million swap.

[/QUOTE]

Rameakap,

Varajao is not a easy get but the fact remains he is a player that Cleveland might trade.  You have thought so in the recent past as I remember.  Gortat would be a very good choice as well.  He with KG could be a defensive nightmare for most teams.  The problem is we need to Green and Lee to play well to make a trade like this happen.  Not to be sitting on the bench.

The people on this board will scream and cry as soon as Green plays a string of good games and probably even Lee. Luckily Danny will be making this decision. The rebounding is going to get worse for us and the need can barely wait until January.

I should also add Sullinger as a trade possibility.  Sully can play well in games like the Piston game but he is not a factor in most games no matter how well he plays.  I like him mind you but the Celtics needs for a big man are overwhelming and waiting to Jan. even is a great risk for KG.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah concord, Gortat would be a great consolation prize for those of us who want Varejao, he is not nearly the active athlete type who you'd be happy throwing against Bosh or running with Rondo... but he would be a major upgrade in the middle.

I would rather pay Dudley 13 million over the next 3 years than Green 28 million, if it meant we could keep Bradley and Sully. But as fierce said, he can't be traded until Jan 15th either. He was in the same boat as Bass as a Bird free agent, not sure why I felt he was a Dec guy and Bass a Jan guy, but it looks like any Dec deal will have to be built around Lee, and there is little chance of us not having to include Sully to make it happen.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

My bad, if that is true then I admit to making a mistake, it happens every so often. But I don't make little mistakes like that nearly as often as you put your foot in your mouth tho.

Lee, Melo and 1-2 picks is probably not enough to get Gortat, but it would be nice if it did.

[/QUOTE]

Really? 

You mean like saying the Celts had a double digit lead in the 4th qtr. in Game 7 against the Heat?

How about those multiple threads that are stuck in your mouth, where are they?

[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry if you act like a child in adult threads and try to start fights and confrontation at every turn. When you blow it repeatedly with poor behavior and opinions about the sport that are proven wrong by stats I make sure you know the truth... and then you spin and laugh and try in your desperate and insecure way to attack others for things they did in the past.

When I am wrong I admit it like a man and move on.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

What a pathetic issue to keep bringing up as somehow proof that you are 'right' at something. One thread was enough to make you a hypocrite and child... I'm not playing your game. I man up when I am wrong and move on. You can't do that, so you just spin and sink to new low's at all times.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Come on man, Ram is a good poster, on a board with not many good posters.

Go after someone else.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Come on man, Ram is a good poster, on a board with not many good posters.

Go after someone else.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly, it is pretty obvious who the bully and the child is and who is the guy just trying to be mature and not let someone take everything he says out of context or post factually wrong information about the team he loves.

Let Fierce be petty and small, nobody believes I 'started' anything or actually threatened him, he's shameless and comes off looking like a clown and the sad thing is he doesn't even know just how bad he looks, he thinks he is 'winning' by doing all that. and he keeps saying I'm 'not bright' its a can't see the forest for all the trees kinda thing, the guy is a joke. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Rameakap,

[/QUOTE]

Yeah concord, Gortat would be a great consolation prize for those of us who want Varejao, he is not nearly the active athlete type who you'd be happy throwing against Bosh or running with Rondo... but he would be a major upgrade in the middle.

I would rather pay Dudley 13 million over the next 3 years than Green 28 million, if it meant we could keep Bradley and Sully. But as fierce said, he can't be traded until Jan 15th either. He was in the same boat as Bass as a Bird free agent, not sure why I felt he was a Dec guy and Bass a Jan guy, but it looks like any Dec deal will have to be built around Lee, and there is little chance of us not having to include Sully to make it happen.

[/QUOTE]

This scenario you suggest is taking even better shape. Dudley is a scorer with a tough mindedness I don't see from Lee.  The problem is Lee may not look so good to prospective teams the way he is playing.  The thing I like especially is I could see Green on the Suns.   He could thrive there as  well as any place in the NBA.  This trade would if Gortat and Dudley are healthy is a no brainer no matter what the final combination of players in this pool(Lee, Green, Bass, Melo or Sullinger) not all of them of course.  Bass and Lee would be best to move.