Great win!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Re: Great win!!

BiasLewis, what a finish.  Although the refs seemed to forget what constitues a foul, we did a horrible job taking care of the ball.  Pierce was very casual with the ball near the sideline and Rondo did not "come to the ball" on Nate's pass.  We just did not execute down the stretch.  At 33 seconds remaining, I think Tommy said we had a 9 point lead  just35 seconds before.  Missed shots, missed free throws and turnovers almost doomed us.

This team is good even without KG, Perk and Delonte.  If we play like this, even with this lineup, we should be able to beat anybody.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

WHAT DID THE INDICATOR SHOW TONIGHT, BIASLEWIS?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

I was listening on Xm as I was driving home.  I went from really high when they went up 9 to a feeling of "oh no" when Ray missed two free throws to back to feeling good on the block shot.  I would have bet everything I own on RA not missing both.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

In Response to Re: Great win!!:
    [QUOTE]BiasLewis, what a finish.  Although the refs seemed to forget what constitues a foul, we did a horrible job taking care of the ball.  Pierce was very casual with the ball near the sideline and Rondo did not "come to the ball" on Nate's pass.  We just did not execute down the stretch.  At 33 seconds remaining, I think Tommy said we had a 9 point lead  just35 seconds before.  Missed shots, missed free throws and turnovers almost doomed us. This team is good even without KG, Perk and Delonte.  If we play like this, even with this lineup, we should be able to beat anybody.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Petey, I know it got hairy there for a minute. When RA missed the two FTs I thought "OMG are the basketball Gods going to actually take this victory from us".

Great playoff type game. These two teams pretty much mirror each other.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Prior to the game, I thought the Spurs were gonna take this one.
    Sometimes I love being wrong.
    Great win.
    Wondering what's up with Shaq, tho.  I think he only pulled down 1 board in 20 minutes.  Is he hurtin again?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

Saw the last two quarters... boy this was like a playoffs game!

I agree with Petey though. We didn't take good care of the ball by the end of the game and that almost cost us the victory. Also the referees were very lame with the whistles, even the portuguese anouncers I was listening to were complaining about it hahaha! They were like "don't they know what a foul is?" after they snatched the ball from Pierce.

Overall I'm very happy with this victory even with a depleted team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Great game!!

Heart attack at the end though. Ray red hot all night gagged at the line.. would have been a disaster if we blew this one..

Great job by the refs as usual.. still wondering which cereal box they got their credentials from..

Heck of an offensive game, shooting 61% and scoring only 105? Something not right about that but who cares...WE WIN!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Yes, we almost gave it back to them (with a little help from the refs) but great defense won out.   Paul stayed on his feet and stayed on Ginobli's shooting hand to show that the Celts really do play D when it counts.

The whole team showed me a lot tonight.  They were clearly up for this one.  It also means they clearly have trouble getting up for the weak teams because if they played like this against weaker teams it would be a blowout every time.

Maybe this game will be a turning point to remind the Celts how good they can be when everyone is focused (and how good they are when Rondo is back).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

BIASLEWIS, DO YOU HAVE ME ON IGNORE?

HAHAHA!!!

WHAT DID THE INDICATOR SHOW TONIGHT, BIAS?

HAHAHA!!! AGAIN!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Even though the Spurs were on the second game of a back to back, and allowed 61% shooting by the Celtics, this is a great win.

The Celtics played solid defense with only a few lapses. Davis did great job on Blair, and took a critical charge near the end. Pierce did a great job on Jefferson, with an impressive block at the end against Ginobili.

Pierce, Allen, Rondo, and Davis had great offensive nights. Everybody played hard. Great win, great team effort.

When the Celtics are at full strength, they will have too much horsepower for any other team in the NBA.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

In a 7 game series our size (when healthy) would wear them down.

I don't think Hill knew what he was getting into by having to chase RA around all game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Awesome win. Wish I could have seen it. Did Rondo really have 22 assists, or did ESPN's crawler have a typo?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bilalkazmi. Show bilalkazmi's posts

[QUOTE]Awesome win. Wish I could have seen it. Did Rondo really have 22 assists, or did ESPN's crawler have a typo?
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

In the 4th quarter Rondo slowed down with his assists and started looking for his own shot.  It was 22 in reality.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

[QUOTE]WHAT DID THE INDICATOR SHOW TONIGHT, BIASLEWIS?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Lol.

When Ray scores 20 or more the Celtics will win 99.9999999999999% of the time.

I agree 100%.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

neither team has anything to be ashamed of tonight. both played well and I am glad the celtics got the win.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Great win!!! Hard to believe that Ray missed those crucial foul shots. No thanks to the refs who weren't calling the fouls committed on our guys. Jermaine O'Neal played well. Rondo had a triple-double. CPP blocked Ginobli's shot at the end. What a night.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Great win by the Celtics last night.  Especially to win this game without KG. 

Very close for the entire game, but agree that the ending of the game was very ugly. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

The next game against the Spurs will be March 31. By that time we should have all of the Celtic pieces back in place. While the game will be in San Antonio, the Celtics would have to have a terrible night for them to lose. San Antonio is a very good team, they are just not as good as the Celtics.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Great win!!:
    [QUOTE]This was the best win of the year. Doc coached great JON played great BBD played great Quis, Rondo, PP, RA, Nate and Shaq all played great. Despite the refs swallowing their whistles this was a total team win.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Any trades for today?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]The next game against the Spurs will be March 31. By that time we should have all of the Celtic pieces back in place. While the game will be in San Antonio, the Celtics would have to have a terrible night for them to lose. San Antonio is a very good team, they are just not as good as the Celtics.
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime[/QUOTE]

Don't get to high on this one. Lets consider this.

The C's shoot over 60%
    Ray is 13-16
    Paul is 7-10
    Rondo 22 assists and triple double.
    AND WE WIN BY 2 PTS

This stats don't happen every day, let alone all in the same game.

No we wouldn't have to play terrible to lose to SA.  If were not on top of our game we will lose to SA period.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Great win!! : Any trades for today?
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Yeah anyway we can get Kevin Love since Minn is putting him on the block if he doesn't sign extension??

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Great win!! : Yeah anyway we can get Kevin Love since Minn is putting him on the block if he doesn't sign extension??
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Throw some names out there.   I believe our rebounding unit could find a place for him.