Green and Terry

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Green and Terry

I'm sorry but i'm sick of looking at PP and Rondo take all the shots down the stretch. Terry and Green don't get enough shots. It's the same thing at the end of games...Rondo dribbling the clock out or PP forcing a shot.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Re: Green and Terry

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm sorry but i'm sick of looking at PP and Rondo take all the shots down the stretch. Terry and Green don't get enough shots. It's the same thing at the end of games...Rondo dribbling the clock out or PP forcing a shot.

[/QUOTE]

True observation.  Go for variety and surprise, both those guys seem like pretty good clutch shooters to me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Did you ever think this is what doc draws us?  No ball movement at all- never.  Watch this game again and see how many times we dribbled the ball and just held it until there were 8 seconds left and then we make 1 pass, not shot and another pass and we force a shot.  That is not on the players unless they are not doing what Doc wants.  If thats the case get them out of the game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whendex. Show Whendex's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I was watching the game with my dad.. He doesn't get to watch often but I have League Pass.. He was wondering what Green and Terry were doing on the floor. They were just "Out There" Doc needs to do something about this. Green has hit some big shots down the stretch this year. Should've gotten a shot or two anyway. Terry has been known to hit big shots and didn't even get a sniff.

#FreeThisTeamDoc !!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Rondo has the ball in his hands WAY TOO MUCH!. It seems like whenever we grab a rebound or have a chance for a fastbreak, everyone always looks for Rondo. Sure he's the PG but sometimes it creates unnecessary turnovers. He's not the only one who can create. Lee, Terry and Green and get out and lead breaks.

Even in the halfcourt, Rondo dribbles the air out the ball or runs the shot clock down to where it's either him or PP taking a forced or bad shot.

There needs to be much more ball movement. More isolations for Green, more pin downs and picks for Terry.

All we ever see is the same ole PP isolation and Rondo running around trying to create something. We can still do that but it's becoming too predictable and it's not keeping everyone involved.

Lastly, Rondo please stop putting the defense in a bind by playing matador defense. He let's his man in the lane trying to reach and then it creates problems for our bigs and layup after layup.

We need AB's defense in the worst way.

We have a lot of work to do. I hope we can win 2 on this road trip but I'm not sure we're ready.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Dont waste your breath, Doc has no control over Rondo and I think he encourages all that you see... as long as it makes Rondo happy, Docs happy imo

Rarely do we see plays being run, the ball flying from one side of the court to another.. its basically Rondo looking for someone to pop open and creating havoc.... thats ok but in moderation... lets run some plays so when we need them, we wont be forced to watch Rondo pound the ball to death and hosit a prayer as the clock runs out....

PP too.. hes been our long time clutch shooter but teams now know they can trap him and hes weak with the ball.. if we can truly isolate him, then fine but a double team will find PP losing the ball or getting a poor shot most times.. its getting worse.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Right, I'm ready to see Green really get minutes and shots. He should be the one we go to down the stretch. PP has lost quickness and can't get by people anymore.

Why not isolate Green with PP nearby if they trap and Terry in the corner and KG on the bock. If they don't trap Green he'll take it to the hole. I thought we signed Green because he could take most PFs off the dribble. Well when are we going to feature that aspect of his game.

Why not throw it in to KG and let the double come and then let him make a decision with PP and Terry on the wings. If they don't double KG is quick enough and big enough to get fouled or score.

I could draw up defenses for the PP isolation. I would run someone at him and trap him with the hopes that he either turns it over or tries to force a shot.

Rondo has had two last second shots (vs Philly and last night) and neither even made it to the rim.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]

Right, I'm ready to see Green really get minutes and shots. He should be the one we go to down the stretch. PP has lost quickness and can't get by people anymore.  Jeff has shown you so much you read for him to be the closer already?

Why not isolate Green with PP nearby if they trap and Terry in the corner and KG on the bock. If they don't trap Green he'll take it to the hole. I thought we signed Green because he could take most PFs off the dribble. Well when are we going to feature that aspect of his game. Sounds easy

Why not throw it in to KG and let the double come and then let him make a decision with PP and Terry on the wings. If they don't double KG is quick enough and big enough to get fouled or score.  they just did that a couple games ago and KG had a great shot and he passed it to Rondo for the final shot, didn't draw iron.

I could draw up defenses for the PP isolation. I would run someone at him and trap him with the hopes that he either turns it over or tries to force a shot. I am sure that would work everytime, i am sure quite a few coaches would disagree with you though.

Rondo has had two last second shots (vs Philly and last night) and neither even made it to the rim.  agree

[/QUOTE]

Bias it isn't as easy a fix as you think it is.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dont waste your breath, Doc has no control over Rondo and I think he encourages all that you see... as long as it makes Rondo happy, Docs happy imo

Rarely do we see plays being run, the ball flying from one side of the court to another.. its basically Rondo looking for someone to pop open and creating havoc.... thats ok but in moderation... lets run some plays so when we need them, we wont be forced to watch Rondo pound the ball to death and hosit a prayer as the clock runs out....

PP too.. hes been our long time clutch shooter but teams now know they can trap him and hes weak with the ball.. if we can truly isolate him, then fine but a double team will find PP losing the ball or getting a poor shot most times.. its getting worse.

[/QUOTE]

Bravo! Can't say it better.  This is conundrum we are in.  Pierce is the best scorer but unreliable now in key situations.  Less would be more with PP. Play him less and he wil be more effective. The thing is we will have to probably lose some games to make this transition.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I say lets amnesty him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I say lets amnesty him.

[/QUOTE]

So now you are going to act like a troll. Wow.  I thought you were OK.  Fine.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I say lets amnesty him.

[/QUOTE]

So now you are going to act like a troll. Wow.  I thought you were OK.  Fine.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Doc needs to integrate Green and Terry into possession-ending, quarter-ending and game-ending situations that will not only give them the confidence but give their teammates that confidence in them that they ARE viable clutch-situation options. 

But it should start with end of possessions and then end of quarters.  Terry has proven to be a very clutch option but I cannot understand what else he needs to prove to be that “game-on-the-line”, final shot option for the Celtics.  As for Green, there is no other player on the Celtics who can get his shot anytime against anybody like Green can.  If Rondo or Pierce cannot get around their guys, they are unable to shoot over them.  If Green cannot get around his man, he more than likely can shoot over him.

The more Doc makes them options at the end of possessions and then end of quarters, the more they'll become "final-shot" options instead of Rondo and Pierce.

Again, just as "options" (not saying never again have Pierce or Rondo take the last shot) because we're not even getting shots at the rim while standing around waiting for Rondo and Pierce to close things out.

But it has to start with Doc calling plays for them at the end of possessions and quarters.  When the shot clock is down to 6 seconds with Rondo pounding the ball, you know it's not going to move anywhere and Rondo will be taking the shot.

Also, KG should be in there too but we all know he chokes in "true" crunch time and would rather NOT take the final shot.  That guy treats the ball like a hot potato in cruch time when he gets it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I agree Petey.

This all comes down to one thing. Doc only plays and only draws up plays for guys he trusts. He's only playing Sully because Ainge forced him too...told him that they need to develop young talent. His rotations will not change and it's frustrating. Green is finally playing well and should be the first guy off the bench. When KG comes out at his 5 min mark...2 guys should come in...Green and Wilcox...Green for PP and Wilcox for KG.

It's trust.When the team has big leads, that is the time that guys like Joseph should be playing...getting valuable minutes here and there to see what they can do.

We are going to go into the playoffs as always...7 guys, not a deep bench and be out by the 2nd round because PP is dead, Rondo is beat up and the other guys haven't played valuable minutes. Popovich will play 10-11 guys every game, no matter the circumstances. That's how you test guys.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Idk if I agree with green or terry getting the last shot. But y are they running iso? Y not pick and roll? At least give yourself some options. Maybe u get a switch or you get a lane to the hoop. Instead they constantly iso rondo and pierce and they end up taking contested step back jumpers. 

If they are dead set on runnin iso,they might as well give it to kg at least his shot is unblockable.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

All I see is RR taking the last shots, and he S*cks at it. Twice in one week, he basically slipped and got off an errant shot. At least with PP, you know he is gonna get up a decent shot. If we are gonna let our guard go one on one and jack up a prayer, I would rather Terry have the ball because atleast he can shoot and has a rep. for making Big Game Shots!  It is what it is, but it needs to stop.