Green, Davis, KG, and 2 number 1 choices for

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Green, Davis, KG, and 2 number 1 choices for

Dwight Howard---

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from larry1717. Show larry1717's posts

Re: Green, Davis, KG, and 2 number 1 choices for

Do you really believe that Orlando would make this deal?  I do not!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Too   much!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Green, Davis, KG, and 2 number 1 choices for:
    [QUOTE]Do you really believe that Orlando would make this deal?  I do not!
    Posted by larry1717[/QUOTE]

Only if Howard explicitly wants out and nobody steps up to the plate with something better

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Rather than asking if Orlando would buy it -- or DH for that matter -- the better question would be: Would DH in green really help the C's?  I have serious questions if he is really someone you want to build around.  Yes, we desperately need a Big Man and he is immensely talented -- but I find he has a distressing way of coming up short in big games.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

dwight howard's offensive game finally took a couple steps forward last year.  but it's still not adequate.  he still is prone to breaking rims at the free throw line.  and i need to see two full years of improvING offensive game to believe that he may arrive as a "great". 

but at this point, i have a frightening feeling that he is not really going to be worth a max contract in the new CB, whatever that may be $-wise.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from caesarthecat. Show caesarthecat's posts

i'd do it

you change an old superstar 4 + 2 bench good players for a young superstar 5
    for us it'd make much sense

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]Rather than asking if Orlando would buy it -- or DH for that matter -- the better question would be: Would DH in green really help the C's?  I have serious questions if he is really someone you want to build around.  Yes, we desperately need a Big Man and he is immensely talented -- but I find he has a distressing way of coming up short in big games.
    Posted by Number6Fan[/QUOTE]

You'd still have Pierce and Allen to spread the floor, with Rondo to distribute

Howard would just need to do his 25-15 thing, which he's shown he can do every night no matter what.

And with Rondo dishing, he'd have 30+ points per game on dunks.  Jameer Nelson misses SO MANY opportunities to pass him the ball it's not even funny.  Jeff Van Gundy pointed this out in last year's Orlando-Boston series, then showed footage of Rondo finding Garnett and Pierce in the lane.  So true.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Do you really believe that Orlando would make this deal?  I do not!
    Posted by larry1717[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  Orlando would never make this deal.  They would still need a center and this would be a bad trade for them.  Howard may  decide to stay with Orlando. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shamrocks4ever. Show Shamrocks4ever's posts

[QUOTE]If Orlando will trade Dwight they would insist Gilbert Arenas be included in the deal.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I agree.  About a month ago, I posted the idea that the Celtics could trade KG, Rondo, and JO to Orlando for Dwight and Gilbert Arenas.  The salaries work (according to the ESPN trade machine), both teams get good value, and Orlando gets the extra enticement of dumping Arenas' salary.  The C's of course have to pick up that salary with little chance of Arenas' contributing much, but it may be worth it to get Dwight.  You'd still have PP, RA, Jeff Green, Delonte, Avery Bradley, etc. to go around Dwight, and enough money in summer 2012 to go after one more max salary guy (probably a point guard like CP3 or Deron Williams, unless Bradley makes some kind of amazing leap this season).

If I was Danny, I'd have been on the phone to Otis Smith floating this idea the same day that Dwight said he'd become a free agent rather than sign an extension with Orlando.

That said, I'm not holding my breath for this to happen, at least not this summer.  Maybe more likely at the trade deadline next season... even then, there'll be plenty of teams offering Orlando deals, so nothing would be a sure thing, but I still think this would be a good deal for both Boston and Orlando.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Green, Davis, KG, and 2 number 1 choices for : I agree.  About a month ago, I posted the idea that the Celtics could trade KG, Rondo, and JO to Orlando for Dwight and Gilbert Arenas.  The salaries work (according to the ESPN trade machine), both teams get good value, and Orlando gets the extra enticement of dumping Arenas' salary.  The C's of course have to pick up that salary with little chance of Arenas' contributing much, but it may be worth it to get Dwight.  You'd still have PP, RA, Jeff Green, Delonte, Avery Bradley, etc. to go around Dwight, and enough money in summer 2012 to go after one more max salary guy (probably a point guard like CP3 or Deron Williams, unless Bradley makes some kind of amazing leap this season). If I was Danny, I'd have been on the phone to Otis Smith floating this idea the same day that Dwight said he'd become a free agent rather than sign an extension with Orlando. That said, I'm not holding my breath for this to happen, at least not this summer.  Maybe more likely at the trade deadline next season... even then, there'll be plenty of teams offering Orlando deals, so nothing would be a sure thing, but I still think this would be a good deal for both Boston and Orlando.
    Posted by Shamrocks4ever[/QUOTE]

This is insane. Trade KG, Rondo, and JO for Howard. Howard is not the Celtics answer. No way does that trade ever happen. If they can get someone to work with Rondo and get his head in the game, and have KG coming off the bench perhaps, then the Cs have a chance at making another run. They have to use their bench more during the reguar season. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

The mother of all trades:
    And it works!!

Dream On, Steven Tyler, but it's a slow day:

NOH gets Jermaine, Turkoglu and Rondo
    ORL gets KG and Okafor
    BOS gets Paul and Howard!!

Nice, now let's call Danny........lol....:)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shamrocks4ever. Show Shamrocks4ever's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Green, Davis, KG, and 2 number 1 choices for : This is insane. Trade KG, Rondo, and JO for Howard. Howard is not the Celtics answer. No way does that trade ever happen. If they can get someone to work with Rondo and get his head in the game, and have KG coming off the bench perhaps, then the Cs have a chance at making another run. They have to use their bench more during the reguar season. 
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

Insane?  No.  An idea like trading Kwame Brown for Pau Gasol, now that's insane.  Nobody would ever do... oh wait, that actually happened. As for whether Dwight Howard would or would not be the Celtics' answer, we'll never know if they don't actually get him.  However, you are probably right in guessing that this trade won't happen... it's just a possibility, like dozens of other trade ideas that are floating around.

I was interested in your idea of KG coming off the bench.  Since you don't mention any trade ideas, I take it you see the Celtics standing pat with their roster - does this mean Jeff Green will be the new starting power forward so KG can come off the bench?  No doubt that makes the bench better, but could the starting unit still be anywhere near as strong without KG?  Does this raise the talent level or make the team any better in the long run?

Look, if the Celtics keep their core roster as-is, they'll still be good next year.  They'll probably win 50 games or more and have at least an outside shot at a title if they get all the right breaks.  So, maybe that's the way to go for now, and rebuilding can wait until next summer.  All my trade idea was doing was showing a way that they can reload on the fly by getting a dominant young center to build around for the next 10 years while still keeping themselves in the hunt right now.  And that's something worth considering.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shamrocks4ever. Show Shamrocks4ever's posts

By the way, if I was a betting man, I'd say the trade the Celtics are more likely to do would be with one or both of their draft picks.  I'm not sure what the trade would be, or even if they should trade their picks, but considering Ainge's recent statements about how unlikely it is for a #25 pick to make much of a contribution, he looks like he at least wants people to think he would make a move there.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Green, Davis, KG, and 2 number 1 choices for :   Insane?  No.  An idea like trading Kwame Brown for Pau Gasol, now that's insane.  Nobody would ever do... oh wait, that actually happened. As for whether Dwight Howard would or would not be the Celtics' answer, we'll never know if they don't actually get him.  However, you are probably right in guessing that this trade won't happen... it's just a possibility, like dozens of other trade ideas that are floating around. I was interested in your idea of KG coming off the bench.  Since you don't mention any trade ideas, I take it you see the Celtics standing pat with their roster - does this mean Jeff Green will be the new starting power forward so KG can come off the bench?  No doubt that makes the bench better, but could the starting unit still be anywhere near as strong without KG?  Does this raise the talent level or make the team any better in the long run? Look, if the Celtics keep their core roster as-is, they'll still be good next year.  They'll probably win 50 games or more and have at least an outside shot at a title if they get all the right breaks.  So, maybe that's the way to go for now, and rebuilding can wait until next summer.  All my trade idea was doing was showing a way that they can reload on the fly by getting a dominant young center to build around for the next 10 years while still keeping themselves in the hunt right now.  And that's something worth considering.
    Posted by Shamrocks4ever[/QUOTE]

If the Celts try to acquire Howard, who I don't believe wants to come to Boston, then how are they any different than the Heat stacking the line-up? The Cs were a bit unlucky this playoffs with Rondo getting a leg take down by Wade and um Shaq being hurt. I can't even get into if they had Perk. I think the Heat series does not go the way it wentif the Cs were a tad healthier. The Cs just need to be fresher come playoff time. I know they are older, but the Mavs did it. If the Cs can build up the bench and play them more often together, then I think they have a chance to go deep. Or in the least, sub more to keep guys fresher by rotating quicker. And I really think Howard wants to show Miami that Orlando can compete. We shall see

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

If the Celts get a chance to obtain a young plyer that a team can be built around, they will do it, it is not if,  but rather, if a team would trade them a player like Howard or Durant or Paul or mabey Williams. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Jeff Green, Glen Davis, Avery Bradley, our first this year and the clipplers 1st next year for Howard.

Otherwise we wait until FA when we have only Rondo and Pierce on the books. DA is looking to build a new Big 3.

Btw word out there is that Howard is working out with Rondo and Doc this summer on being a better passer according to hoopshype. Now personally, I think he wants to see what Doc is like to play for. I think Boston is an option for him because of Rondo and Doc.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]Jeff Green, Glen Davis, Avery Bradley, our first this year and the clipplers 1st next year for Howard. Otherwise we wait until FA when we have only Rondo and Pierce on the books. DA is looking to build a new Big 3. Btw word out there is that Howard is working out with Rondo and Doc this summer on being a better passer according to hoopshype. Now personally, I think he wants to see what Doc is like to play for. I think Boston is an option for him because of Rondo and Doc.
    Posted by btownteamsrking[/QUOTE]

While I don't want to read into this too much...
    (1) - I think it's +1 for Rondo as the best passer in the league
    (2) - Any time Howard's willing to spend any of his free discretionary time around Rondo and Doc has to be viewed as a positive

And Doc does a nice job of selling himself when he works those All-Star games, too

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Green, Davis, KG, and 2 number 1 choices for : While I don't want to read into this too much... (1) - I think it's +1 for Rondo as the best passer in the league (2) - Any time Howard's willing to spend any of his free discretionary time around Rondo and Doc has to be viewed as a positive And Doc does a nice job of selling himself when he works those All-Star games, too
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

yes. that is what saying. Guys work out together all the time, but I believe Doc gives us a good advantage to get Howard. A whole lot better than mike brown. lakers made a big mistake with him

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from trcamp. Show trcamp's posts

Dwight would certainly look great in green, but not at the cost of giving up the heart and soul of the team - Kevin. I think I would probably rather see someone like Tyson Chandler as a Celt since he could be gotten by giving up much less. I would definitely like to see Davis gone - maybe bundled with the draft choices for someone like Chandler. I don't know if his status will allow the Celts to get anything in return??

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

The Celtics may have a better chance to get Howard this year.  I feel that Andrea K. the russian that plays for the Jazz can be had for a mid price, he might help ease the loss of KG when we get Howard.  Howard, AK, Paul, Green and West & Rondo would be a very good team.