Green is still out and not likely to be for awhile

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Re: Green is still out and not likely to be for awhile

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ar4nziHOHZQwZQlpjBWRSm28vLYF?slug=ap-kings-hayes

Another failed stress test ... Kings 4 yr $21M deal for PF/C Chuck Hayes in jeopardy as echocardiogram reveals heart abnormality.

Odd ... the testing equipment must be much more sophisticated than that used only a few years ago.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In Response to Re: Green is still out and not likely to be for awhile:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Green is still out and not likely to be for awhile : That's why I think Ainge can play it 2 ways. If Green doesn't pass the physical Ainge would ask the NBA to void the contract or declare the contract is valid and ask for the disabled player exception.  
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Yup ... I posted the "disabled exception" rule the other day but the league has to confirm via 2nd opinion and if confirmed does Green still get to play if he can control an arrythmia or some such defect with medication as others have or does the "exception" bench him permanantly or temporarilly?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Of course, we are way down the speculation curve at this point, but if he has arrythmia, it doesn't have to be bad.  If brought on by exercise when tired or under nourished, it could be the mild kind and is treatable with Toprol (I have it and mine is brought on that way but I have no problems exercising with my medicine and I've had it for 20 years).  However, another kind -  Ventricular Fibrillation will kill you and is brought on all of a sudden.  I sure hope this kid doesn't have this.  It not only kills a career, it can take your life and cause things like strokes.   If that's what he has, thank goodness they caught it!

I hope Jeff is ok but if not, I hope its the kind of arrythmia that's easily treatable with medicine.  There's also a non-invasive procedure that can be done where they run a probe up the leg to the heart and essentially correct the faulty electrical impulses that cause arrythmia.

But, again, we are way down the speculation path.  Let's just hope for good news today.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I think what nobody has discussed is Doc's quote yesterday. Considering Green's career seems at risk at this point Doc still said he had never heard of a clearance taking so long for physical.  It seems he is irritated with something about this, could it be Green was not forthcoming about the condition?  Or is he pushing for the contract to be voided so he can bring another nine million dollar player? Or both.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Jeff Green is seeing some new doc's today.  Maybe results are in this evening.
    Link: http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/7359994/jeff-green-saw-new-doctors-mystery-ailment

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

Think Comcast Boston at 7:00 pm EST are showing a team intrasquad scrimmage being played at TD Bank Garden.  At 6:05 pm it was announced that neither Jeff Green or Danny Ainge are at the Garden for the scrimmage, instead are seeing a Dr. to obtain a second diagnosis on Jeff Green's condition which has first been stated to be related to failing a stress test during Jeff's pre-season physical.  Maybe something further will be announced during the scrimmage?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

On Comcast Boston it was just stated to Gary Tanguay that the scrimmage at TD Bank Garden is for the Season Ticket Holders and it does not sound like the game will be live or tape delayed on Comcast Boston.  Also, nothing definitive regarding Jeff Green although there was concern stated that Jeff may not be able to play this Season and condition might even end Jeff's professional basketball career.  There was a reference to the Celtics' experience previously to the loss of Reggie Lewis and also to Jeff's medical condition possibly being a basis to void his current 1 year Contract.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

another setback ... loss of a potential long term SF at best or a descent tradeable asset at worse.

That said, thank God it was caught as his health is more important ....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

If they void the contract we are over the salary cap how much can we use of nine million?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Let me just say admittedly being very cynical, none of this Green stuff sounds right?  He was shooting in practice on Tuesday and the way Celtics are conducting with Doc expressing irritation yesterday does not sound like a tragedy in progress.

Could it be something other than stress test related? Could it be drug related? Green was making excuses that he did not sleep the whole night before the test and that is why he failed it.  Very odd the whole series of events.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Bad news, fellow Celtics fans;

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2011/12/rivers_grim_on.html

from Celtics blog!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

In Response to Re: Green is still out and not likely to be for awhile:
    [QUOTE]Bad news, fellow Celtics fans; http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2011/12/rivers_grim_on.html from Celtics blog!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if Green has to have surgery then we're pretty much screwed this year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

The Leprechaun is not really a Celtics fan.  He has been cruel to this franchise.  From Bias to Lewis to Bird's back to McHale's foot to Garnett's knee one year after we won a championship to Perk's knee when we were about to win to old Shaq last year to Green now......the C's are snakebit.  Any luck he gave in the early years of this franchise have been taken back in the last couple of decades.

I really feel for Green if he is to lose a year or to lose his basketball career, although clearly better that than lose his life.  I sure hope its not the case as the kid has really worked hard over the off season.

Can't wait to get more info tomorrow.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

From Rant Sports C's page:

/> Reports are that Green and Celtics president Danny Ainge were at an undisclosed location getting further tests done. These tests will determine if Green can control this condition with medication or if a medical procedure is needed. If a medical procedure is needed, than Green will be sidelined for a while. However, if medication is all that is needed than Green will be back a lot sooner. The good news is Green as a person will be O.K. and healthy in the long term. <