Green out for year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Green out for year

Lakertroll,
    You have hit a new low even for you.  You talk of karma.  I wouldn't want yours.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

An aortic aneurism?!!  Anybody on this board realize how serious that is.
    If it's true, they just saved Jeff Green's life.
    An aortic aneurism is a ticking time bomb.  That's the aortic artery we're talking about (so it is heart related, but Jeff's a basketball player, not a dr).  If it blows open, which they will do when the body is under stress, you can bleed out in a few minutes.
    Remember John Ritter of 3's Company.  That's how he died.
    I feel sorry for Jeff and the Celtic organization, but they definitely did the right thing and are to be commended for catching it before we had a tragedy playing out on center court.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

In Response to Re: Green out for year:
    [QUOTE]Why is it that only the Celtics get all these heart related tragedies? Bias, Lewis, Green, Dennis Johnson. Could it be the wrath of God giving arrogant Celtics and their fans a message. Maybe it's time during this Christmas season for you all to do some soul searching about Celtic arrogance and hate, and name calling like fierce and russ-red and so many others on this board. Payback is a b88ch, isn't it+ Think twice before calling L.A. people rapists and perverts and fakers and koMe. The chickens have come home to roost, once again. Don't you haters ever learn? My faith in God is neverending, and sadly I knew it was only a matter of time that He would respond. Humble yourself before the Great One.
    Posted by Lakerstroll[/QUOTE]
    You know this is a celtics blog. I heard there's website for people like you, it's called Lakernation. You can sign up there if you don't like the name calling ans stuff so you wouldn't have to see it everyday. I thnk you should really post there and not here, you'll be making a contribution to your team and we'll be in peace

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

sucks...im not a celtics fan by any stretch but that just plain sucks

best of luck and health jeff and good luck celts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Green out for year : You know this is a celtics blog. I heard there's website for people like you, it's called Lakernation. You can sign up there if you don't like the name calling ans stuff so you wouldn't have to see it everyday. I thnk you should really post there and not here, you'll be making a contribution to your team and we'll be in peace
    Posted by GreenaboveGold[/QUOTE]

he would probobaly get almost the same treatment there as he is here for spewing that garbage he has put here. any lakers fans with any sort of class/dignity would be embarassed of him

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Green out for year : he would probobaly get almost the same treatment there as he is here for spewing that garbage he has put here. any lakers fans with any sort of class/dignity would be embarassed of him
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]
    Ditto
    I pushed the ignore button on that idiot last season

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jokerblue. Show Jokerblue's posts

[QUOTE]dont send him to the red sox doctor . BEST to JG.   Now whats the deal with the money.  Can C's sign another    player at same salary for this season?
    Posted by dbeach48[/QUOTE]

Absoluty yes. No doubt we´ll  have another good player in the next days.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Ok, I just read that the C's voided his contract. Now go get Dalembert and Posey or AK47 or Afflalo

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]An aortic aneurism?!!  Anybody on this board realize how serious that is. If it's true, they just saved Jeff Green's life. An aortic aneurism is a ticking time bomb.  That's the aortic artery we're talking about (so it is heart related, but Jeff's a basketball player, not a dr).  If it blows open, which they will do when the body is under stress, you can bleed out in a few minutes. Remember John Ritter of 3's Company.  That's how he died. I feel sorry for Jeff and the Celtic organization, but they definitely did the right thing and are to be commended for catching it before we had a tragedy playing out on center court.
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

Agree that it good for Jeff that this was detected.  I only wish him a speedy recovery. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

[QUOTE]Ok, I just read that the C's voided his contract. Now go get Dalembert and Posey or AK47 or Afflalo
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

We're screwed...
    Even without Green's contract on the books, the Celtics will not receive any salary cap relief. The Celtics were on the books for roughly $85.6 million for 14 contracts. Shedding $9 million from that not only leaves Boston still well over the salary cap ($58 million), but also the luxury tax threshold (approximately $70 million).

The Celtics could apply for an injury exception for Green, but that would require them to not only pay Green his $9 million this season, but also up to 50 percent of his salary ($4.5 million) for a replacement. So that would cost the team upwards of $27 million giving that tax-paying teams pay dollar for dollar over the threshold. Boston would be pushing a $90 million payroll and $40 million luxury tax bill by applying for an exception. 
    -ESPN

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Green out for year : We're screwed... Even without Green's contract on the books, the Celtics will not receive any salary cap relief. The Celtics were on the books for roughly $85.6 million for 14 contracts. Shedding $9 million from that not only leaves Boston still well over the salary cap ($58 million), but also the luxury tax threshold (approximately $70 million). The Celtics could apply for an injury exception for Green, but that would require them to not only pay Green his $9 million this season, but also up to 50 percent of his salary ($4.5 million) for a replacement. So that would cost the team upwards of $27 million giving that tax-paying teams pay dollar for dollar over the threshold. Boston would be pushing a $90 million payroll and $40 million luxury tax bill by applying for an exception.  -ESPN
    Posted by wfdog[/QUOTE]

You are proably right.  If the owners care about having a competitive team for this season, they will pay the luxury tax.  It is only for one year and they can afford it.  It could be the difference between having a chance and not losing fans and revenue.   Not sure what will happen this season but the owners have to try to remain competitive.  If the Celtics are struggling many fans may not buy tickets and attend games.  Just my two cents. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Green out for year : You are proably right.  If the owners care about having a competitive team for this season, they will pay the luxury tax.  It is only for one year and they can afford it.  It could be the difference between having a chance and not losing fans and revenue.   Not sure what will happen this season but the owners have to try to remain competitive.  If the Celtics are struggling many fans may not buy tickets and attend games.  Just my two cents. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  The plan was to go for it one more time, then draft and sign FA's next year............they should do it for one year!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

First of all, sad news for Green and i hope he gets better.

Secondly, not sure how you sign a guy before finding this out.

Third, Ainge seems lost and confused - get your act together Danny.

Fourth, Green is a mediocre ball player and should be easily replaced but...

Fifth, if it is true we can't sign anyone by rule - then Ainge is an idiot.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

[QUOTE]Lakertroll, You have hit a new low even for you.  You talk of karma.  I wouldn't want yours.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE] You act as if he's really a Laker troll. He's not, just a local one posing as one to get attention. Please put him on ignore.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Stern will be true to form and not allow a medical exemption because it's a Boston player - that's just how he works. Whatever happens with the team, it is more important that Jeff Green's problem was detected before the heavy duty games started and something dire occurred.  His health (and life) trumps all else, and one can only wish him the best. Basketball is a game, though a livelihood for many, but still a game. An aneurysm is not a game, but a game changer. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman2. Show antiqueman2's posts

Best wishes to Green. It just proves that this is just a game and life is more important. Get well

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Stern will be true to form and not allow a medical exemption because it's a Boston player - that's just how he works. Whatever happens with the team, it is more important that Jeff Green's problem was detected before the heavy duty games started and something dire occurred.  His health (and life) trumps all else, and one can only wish him the best. Basketball is a game, though a livelihood for many, but still a game. An aneurysm is not a game, but a game changer. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

noah justin,
    How do you know he is not a lakertroll?  He sure seems like one and if not he seriously disturbed, tell more of your knowledge about him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]How is it that this didn't show up when Green was traded?
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Kirk, its not as simple as that.  Sometime it takes a while to find heart related problems. I will give a example. I was experiencing severe paint that "might" have been heart related symptoms.  I started undergoing tests for my heart first.  I had pretty much everything with your heart checked that is possible, and that included 2/3 stress tests.  Then they started checking all sorts of non heart related items.  I continued to play golf, nearly everyday, and usually had short pain for a couple minutes, then it went away and I was fine.  Finally the doctor scheduled a angiogram.  Had a week long golf tourney coming up in the mountains. He told me to go on and play, gave me nitro, which i had never taken, and some pain pills. Came back a week later and they performed the procedure.   They found two arteries 98% clogged. Open heart the next day. Point being is sometimes it is very hard to diagnose. Oh by the way I wa 48 years old. On the bright side 9 months after surgery I won the City Golf Championship. I know his problem is different than mine  and I don't know as much about his problem other than you have to be cautious and must be hard to diagnose. For some reason I lived when my activities in the mountains could very well killed me. Green has to take every precaution for himself as well. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatboy250. Show fatboy250's posts

Jeff, God Bless You and here's hoping for a speedy recovery.