Green should be starting instead of Ray Allen

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiJere. Show LiJere's posts

Re: Green should be starting instead of Ray Allen

It's time to put this team on a bus, and slowly drive it out of town.  As ususal, another game they should have won by double-digits, but came down to a nail-biter.  Hell, I haven't played ball in almost 30 years, and I could probably come out and look great playing against the CELTICS!!!

DON'T
    UNDERSTAND HOW YOU SCORE 32 POINTS IN 1ST QUARTER, AND ONLY SCORE 38 FOR THE ENTIRE 2ND HALF??  WHAT A BUNCH A SOFTIES!!!

I SEE BANNER #18 IN THE FUTURE (HA!HA!HA!)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I don't think starting Green is the answer. However I would like to see Green get at least 30 minutes per game. Ray and Paul are playing too many minutes and Rivers finally has a good player to help reduce their minutes. The Celtics offense has been sputtering the past month and I think that fatigue of the big 3 have something to do with it. Green fits the bill to give Ray and Paul the reduced minutes they need to bring their legs back.
       Unfortunately Troy Murphy has been a waste of a roster spot. K.G could play a few less minutes also to help his legs. I don't have an answer for reducing K.G's minutes.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In Response to Re: Green should be starting instead of Ray Allen:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Green should be starting instead of Ray Allen : I agree. Green should be getting 30 minutes a game. Why isn't he?
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]
    Only thing I can think of is that he isn't up to speed yet with the defensive schemes?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Green should be starting instead of Ray Allen : I agree. Green should be getting 30 minutes a game. Why isn't he?
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

i think the unavoidable conclusion is that rivers is a nimrod

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

you think putting ray on the bench will make the veterans happy on this team...if trading away perk got them to have no chemistry..imagine how they will react to ray being put on the bench...also some1 posted something similar to this b4 and there was one reply that made the most sense why this will never happen...ray has a routine...you will be messing with his routine, he will not be happy

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I wouldnt start Green over Ray..

But I would like to see him play many more minutes than he does.  Hes a racehorse and scorer and playing well. 

Doc makes the decisions, maybe one of these media people that interview DOc after every game might have a moment of brilliance and ask the obvious question WHY

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]Green has a tendency to commit silly fouls. 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Because he doesn`t move his feet on defense. Doc won`t play him more until he quits giving up the baseline to guys driving to the basket.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Green should be starting instead of Ray Allen : I love Ray. But it's more that a few off nights. And Green is playing really well.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

I disagree.  I think it really is just a few nights off.  That happens to any shooting guard.  Most games, Ray is the most consistent scorer, not the best scorer (that's Paul), but more consistent.   

Like most others on this board, I would like to see Green get more minutes, however.  Even if it takes minutes from BBD, I think he should play more.  But, I agree with the comment that until he plays better D, he's not getting minutes from Doc.  Doc has been consistent with new guys that if you don't learn the defensive rotations, you don't get minutes in crunch time.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

Green starting over Ray is a ridiculous suggestion. I would give Green more minutes, though...at least 30/game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Green should be starting instead of Ray Allen : I love Ray. But it's more that a few off nights. And Green is playing really well.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Green is not playing well. he is a defensive liability at this point and every game but two he has played with us he has been in the minus not the plus column when n the court.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think starting Green is the answer. However I would like to see Green get at least 30 minutes per game. Ray and Paul are playing too many minutes and Rivers finally has a good player to help reduce their minutes. The Celtics offense has been sputtering the past month and I think that fatigue of the big 3 have something to do with it. Green fits the bill to give Ray and Paul the reduced minutes they need to bring their legs back.    Unfortunately Troy Murphy has been a waste of a roster spot. K.G could play a few less minutes also to help his legs. I don't have an answer for reducing K.G's minutes.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

I also agree that Green shouldn't start, but should play more minutes.  The big 3 definitely need to play less minutes for the remainder of the season.  With all of the injuries this season, they have been playing too many minutes for the entire season and it is finally catching up with them.  Agree that Troy Murphy still hasn't helped much.  As I stated on another thread, the Celtics aren't trying to lose games.  They worked hard the entire season to try to maintain the 1st seed and are currently struggling.  Fatigue is definitely one of the reasons.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

The entire team has been struggling of late, without exception. They have all had multiple bad nights.

It is frustrating to see, considering the way they played earlier in the season.

I would like to see more aggressive offensive play, on a regular basis from the starting five.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Why not also sit Kevin. Iv'e seen him getting eaten up on the boards lately. Rest both him and Ray on a game by game basis until the playoffs start.

22. This post has been removed.