Green suffocated Carmelo when on him

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Green suffocated Carmelo when on him

Did you notice the way Green stuck to Carmelo.  This guy may be able to cover Lebron and Wade at different junctures in games. Please increase his minutes Doc.

BBD looks like he has gained weight and has no lift in his legs.  Either he is playing hurt or something is wrong. He is not helping his market value in coming free agency.  We need him so I hope he gets himself together. Physically he looks much heavier.

JO looks to be a real defensive stopper inside.  He also protected KG and Pierce when they are in foul trouble early tonight.  He wraps up opposing players and protects our interior players.

The hope is we can get Shaq back and become bruisers inside like we were at the start of the year. The Heat have no answer for that.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Green suffocated Carmelo when on him

AMEN- here we have some bright rhetoric regarding the bench.  Green played good defense.  he didn't score a million but he did something good.

I am concerned about Davis but given his track record of clutch performance, he will be back at some point, and likely for a lot more than just one moment.  I think the knee tendinitis is probably bothering him.  They are probably giving him a lot of treatment and here's hoping it works.

Davis is definitley not doing this because he wants to.  His contract is on the line.  And he's killing his own value so far in the post season.  He'll be back.

I'm concerned about his long term status given this is the first year he got a lot of minutes x 82 games all at once and the knee is acting up.  Odds are not for him having a long career but I love his spirit, plucky attitude and hustle.

Don't complain too much because this may be shaping up for us being able to keep him on the relative cheap for another year, and be relevant in contending again. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

It is alway nice to have an ember to build on for the second team.

In general, the second team was terrible again tonight.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Acie,
    I get your thinking but we need BBD to win this thing.  If we tank it will be one of the very small benefits.

BBD did play well right after he got back from the injury and maybe the tendonitis is progressive.  I am BBD fan and want to see him playing with abandon.   

Green needs to play with the first unit more and more this guy is going to get open a  lot with the Big four clicking.  He rebounds and shoots and I predict can cover the Melo's, Lebron's, Wade's and Kobe's.  Doc has to commit to this as it is what the trade was predicated on.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

-

Did you notice the way Green stuck to Carmelo.  This guy may be able to cover Lebron and Wade at different junctures in games. Please increase his minutes Doc.

You watching the same Green as Doc & I?  Doc had to keep pullling him when he screwed up.

I've heard hyperbole before, but this is a bit much.  Green played better tonight because he was on the floor with the starters for some of the time, but he still didn't play all that well, but it was a small improvement which is his case is cause for celebration but not hyperbole.

http://rajonrondowski.blogspot.com/

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Green suffocated Carmelo when on him:
    [QUOTE]Acie, I get your thinking but we need BBD to win this thing.  If we tank it will be one of the very small benefits. BBD did play well right after he got back from the injury and maybe the tendonitis is progressive.  I am BBD fan and want to see him playing with abandon.    Green needs to play with the first unit more and more this guy is going to get open a  lot with the Big four clicking.  He rebounds and shoots and I predict can cover the Melo's, Lebron's, Wade's and Kobe's.  Doc has to commit to this as it is what the trade was predicated on.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

i am with you 100%.  and i said that it is my firm belief that he will show up in a large way for us before long, and not just in girth.  he is cut from the cowens mold of sawing your arm off to get a loose ball for your team.

the knee must be bothering him.  i'm hoping treatment works.  it's a precarious mix w/ young guy davis needing rest you can't give him because the last thing you want to do is use up jerlame.

i'm also confident that green will find himself, unlike most on this board. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

Green still fouled too much but at least the effort was there

pierce did an excellent job

but personally, I think rondo guarded melo best of all on switches and mismatches

same when he guards kobe or lebron. these superstars are so used to players being afraid of them, backing off. rondo gets right up in their faces, invades their personal space, and they don't like it at all

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Green still fouled too much but at least the effort was there pierce did an excellent job but personally, I think rondo guarded melo best of all on switches and mismatches same when he guards kobe or lebron. these superstars are so used to players being afraid of them, backing off. rondo gets right up in their faces, invades their personal space, and they don't like it at all
    Posted by teh-n00b[/QUOTE]

there is a lot to be said for climbing right into someone's kitchen.  i'm all for it!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]- Did you notice the way Green stuck to Carmelo.  This guy may be able to cover Lebron and Wade at different junctures in games. Please increase his minutes Doc. You watching the same Green as Doc & I?  Doc had to keep pullling him when he screwed up. I've heard hyperbole before, but this is a bit much.  Green played better tonight because he was on the floor with the starters for some of the time, but he still didn't play all that well, but it was a small improvement which is his case is cause for celebration but not hyperbole. http://rajonrondowski.blogspot.com/
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]great observation per usual. green had a +/- of minus 12. not good. we keep losing leads when ever he is out there, be it with starters or benchers. do think he will break out at some point but not yet. hopefully it will come before we beat-down okc in the finals!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Pierce only had to play 33 minutes if we keep Pirece under 35 he will be fresh through the playoffs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

The effort of the bench to play team D was very good. I think they succeded in that respect. Even the none homers on ESPN were praising Krstic for rotation and jumping out to get a hand in the face of the shooter. Lets at least be honest on the effort.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Green suffocated Carmelo when on him : I am glad you brought this up. Rondo does a better job on Kobe, Lebron, and Melo than anybody. He is so quick with his hands, and these guys aren't used to being out quicked. I am not sure it would work all the time, but when Rondo gets switched on them, he usually ends up stealing the ball.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Generally a surpris element.  This wouldn't last long before the other team figured out a way to attack it.   I bet the Heat already know what they will do if Rondo is on James. To say he does a better job than anyone is ridiculous.  He does it for 2 or 3 minutes.  Not sure I have ever seen he guard Kobe.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

One reason ROndo does well against Melo is Rondo is taking him when Melo is far from the bucket.. From there, Rondo is quick enough to stick with him and stop his dribble.

If Dantoni had Melo give up the ball & post ... well, u get the picture.

Melo likes playing out on the perimeter it seems.

Regarding Green... I really didnt pay much attention to his defense on Melo... was having too much fun watching the game... I guess from some of the posting here, he did a good job.. Ill have to watch the replay and check it out.. nice to hear that

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Great post! Defensively, JG needs to work on fighting through screens / picks. I am surprised to see that he goes underneath the screen / pick almost every time. Against a hot shooter that will likely spell big trouble. I guarantee they will work with him on that this summer!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorUpside. Show majorUpside's posts

I feel Green was on him and shows that he's capable, but he was fouling him.  He's going to have to improve in that area.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Why do I have this feeling that Boston fans aren't going to appreciate Green like they didn't appreciate TA?  W T F? He played 20 min 9 pts 4 rebs 1 stl 1 blk (he should have been credited with a second) shot 3/8 was 3/6 until 2 garbage time heaves at shot clock. Played great D and blocked Melo out after his 1st shot which really slows Melo down because that's his game. It really bothers me that PP would rather turn it over than give it to Green. I think Doc needs to run more stuff for him he can spot up and create his own shot and get to the line. I'm not saying for him to replace anyone as a starter but I think he should be the 6th man and has been totally under utilized. He is going to be a major factor in a couple of wins in our 18th title. I think it would behest the Celtics that we make him feel part of the Celtic family in that I feel he will be a big part of this team if we're going to be and stay competetive in the next year or 2,3,4.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rondowski,
    I also was referring  to Green covering Carmelo in game one.  I thought his length and athleticism was extremely effective in shutting him down in that game.
    You keep referring to him not playing up to snuff, the guy needs minutes with the first team and he will play better. If you notice everyone plays better when in with the first team.  The idea that with Ray playing so well now is somehow an indictment on those that want Green to play more I think you would agree makes no sense.  Green can give Paul and Ray a rest and add to the teams success over the next games.  We don't use him and we will run of gas as we did last year.

Ray looked exhausted until the playoffs started.  We all love the guy so the idea that you and a loyal few are the only ones who have faith is just not accurate.  We all comment on what we see game to game.  BBD is playing awful right now and looks to have gained weight.   I am a big fan of his but the function of this BB is to make comments about what we see game to game. There is nothing  disloyal about that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Green suffocated Carmelo when on him : great observation per usual. green had a +/- of minus 12. not good. we keep losing leads when ever he is out there, be it with starters or benchers. do think he will break out at some point but not yet. hopefully it will come before we beat-down okc in the finals!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

baby was off the bench first and was the one giving up layups....how can you blame green for giving up the lead.  It was Delonte and Baby who stunk last night.....Green cant get a break on this board.  I thought he was much more aggressive going to the hoop, he got himself to the line and did his job defending melo...Kristic and Baby keep giving up layups to carter and jeffries..and williams...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

green looks like hes starting to get a better feel for what we want him to do...i liked how he played!