Greg Stiemsma

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Greg Stiemsma

Will someone tell me why this guy isn't getting some minutes? He comes in, gets a rebound, or two, blocks a shot, goes back to the bench, and that's good night for the rest of the night. What's up?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Re: Greg Stiemsma

am not watching the game but from the stats it looks like JO was once again outplayed, gortat did what he wanted and doc refuses to play stiemsma...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

He's great defending a drive to the hoop or when someone puts up a loose ball and/or offensive rebound but unfortunately he's not strong enough yet to front big men consistently in the paint and he doesn't move his feet fast enough to stay in front of his man and recover when guys pull him out of the paint, so that's why he picks up quick fouls and Doc is being tight with his minutes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

In Response to Re: Greg Stiemsma:
    [QUOTE]He's great defending a drive to the hoop or when someone puts up a loose ball and/or offensive rebound but unfortunately he's not strong enough yet to front big men consistently in the paint and he doesn't move his feet fast enough to stay in front of his man and recover when guys pull him out of the paint, so that's why he picks up quick fouls and Doc is being tight with his minutes.
    Posted by wfdog[/QUOTE]

I don't think that some of these assertions are valid. He makes defensive rotations for this team that none of our other bigs could make. I recall a play where he cut off the lane on a drive and rotated back to his man and blocked the shot. That is an almost impossible play to make. He needs more playing time to get used to defending bigs that can shoot. His midrange shot is very solid. I honestly don't get it. I think it is a situation where maybe he just hasn't completely picked up on where he should be and when at all times. In my mind, he more than makes up for it with hustle and aggressive play. As far as quick fouls, he protects the paint. He is a rookie. He hasn't gotten his fair share of calls yet. Thats just the way it is. More playing time will only help that. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

the dude needs more time

but dr. do little still runs the good ship lost its pop

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Stiemsma and Bass are our two best bigs, play Paul, Ray, and Rondo with them and we will be 500 or better.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Greg Stiemsma : Doc Rivers has a bizarre obsession with "going small." He also likes to play players out of position, so they fail. At one point tonight we had no center and no point guard on the floor. Clueless.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

I was also surprised at that line-up. Sure didn't work. Doc doesn't seem to know what to do without 4 near peak all stars on the floor except to draw up a killer out of bounds play now and then.

Garnett looks exhausted and discouraged out there!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikekane3334. Show Mikekane3334's posts

Gortat scored 12 points against JO in the first quarter! That's some great defense especially when JO knows his role "defense".  The only legs we have are the ones not called the Big Three and unfortunately Doc continues to play the Big Three the most miinutes.  Ray can't defend or dribble in the paint and Pierce and KG have forgotten how to make a pass without it being a turnover.  I say have KG and Ray come off the bench and please start Wilcox when he returns or Steamworks at center.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Unanimous decision - Stiemsma needs to be on the floor more than JON.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]Unanimous decision - Stiemsma needs to be on the floor more than JON.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]
    I agree, but more because JO is so bad than because Stiemsma is good. Which I don't think he is.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from franquazi. Show franquazi's posts

[QUOTE]He's great defending a drive to the hoop or when someone puts up a loose ball and/or offensive rebound but unfortunately he's not strong enough yet to front big men consistently in the paint and he doesn't move his feet fast enough to stay in front of his man and recover when guys pull him out of the paint, so that's why he picks up quick fouls and Doc is being tight with his minutes.
    Posted by wfdog[/QUOTE]

Negative, the guy can play but when you had a good game and you aren't rewarded your confidence starts to go down..Doc is the best on letting young players down!! Does somebody remember the game that O'neal missed and Stiemsma got 13pts 7rebs and 4 blks?? What happened after that?? Ask Doc.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Unanimous decision - Stiemsma needs to be on the floor more than JON.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Agree with you. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Greg Stiemsma : I don't think that some of these assertions are valid. He makes defensive rotations for this team that none of our other bigs could make. I recall a play where he cut off the lane on a drive and rotated back to his man and blocked the shot. That is an almost impossible play to make. He needs more playing time to get used to defending bigs that can shoot. His midrange shot is very solid. I honestly don't get it. I think it is a situation where maybe he just hasn't completely picked up on where he should be and when at all times. In my mind, he more than makes up for it with hustle and aggressive play. As far as quick fouls, he protects the paint. He is a rookie. He hasn't gotten his fair share of calls yet. Thats just the way it is. More playing time will only help that. 
    Posted by existentialparquet[/QUOTE]
    I still think a lot of his quick fouls are because he gets out of position and can't recover fast enough. Once there was more video on him you saw teams drawing him out of the paint and taking advantage of his slow feet. I'm not worried about his offense and I got to think that any points by him are just a bonus for Doc but I think he still has some concerns about Steimer's D to leave him out there for long stretches.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

In Response to Greg Stiemsma:
    [QUOTE]Will someone tell me why this guy isn't getting some minutes? He comes in, gets a rebound, or two, blocks a shot, goes back to the bench, and that's good night for the rest of the night. What's up?
    Posted by bosoxmal[/QUOTE]

do not want to wish harm on anyone ...but just maybe...

JO will come down with the  , uh...flew ...as in just flew away already...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

"if it ain't broke don't fix it"...well this sugger is broke...

play the steamer.....