Guaranteed: Los Angeles will win tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Re: Guaranteed: Los Angeles will win tonight

Dirty, you have a point there....just for fun, here is a short comparison of the three major sports (baseball, football, and basketball) and the success of the franchises in both cities..

Baseball....Los Angeles has the Dodgers (1958) and the Angels (1961).....in 107 combined seasons the teams have combined to win 6 chapionships....since 1958 the Red Sox have won twice in 55 seasons...

Football.....the Rams played in LA from 1946 to 1994...in those 49 years the Rams won 1 title (1951)....the Raiders played in LA for 13 years, winning once.....so in 62 years, LA teams have won 2 championships...the Pats joined the new AFL in 1960...in the 52 years since, the Patriots have won 3 championships...

Basketball....the Lakers moved to LA in 1960...in 52 years they have won 11 titles.....the Clippers move to LA in 1985...in 28 years they have yet to win a title....so in 70 combined seasons, LA teams have won 11 championships....since winning their first championship in 1957, the Celtics have won 17 championships in 56 years...

LA has 19 titles (in 249 combined seasons)....Boston has 22 titles (in 163 combined seasons)

I believe these figures are accurate....and for those who are not aware....Foxborough and Aneheim are about the same distance from Boston an Los Angeles

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

get em duke

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to genaro008's comment:
    [QUOTE]

get em duke

[/QUOTE]

Old Dukie kind of body slammed him didn't he. 

Funny alll the trolls are mysteriously missing last nite and today

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

plus not bostons fault teams leave LA

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to lakersavenger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Clippers or Lakers. Los Angeles is just superior to Boston.

[/QUOTE]

In what  Rape charges. Gangs, Smog, Traffic, Fake breasts? Drag Queens, and Road Side Orange Salesman

[/QUOTE]

lol. Probably off topic but I always found it funny that the Rams won a Superbowl after they left L.A.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

Duke writes all his phony twisted stats while wearing his nutters. Know what I mean my friend? I quit reading his harangues when I realized it's like trying to argue with a christian who gives you evidence that dinosaurs walked the earth alongside humans 6000 years ago.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Right. But you're the one that things anyone in New England doesn't want the Clippers to win.

The Clippers are the underdogs and have been for decades.  They were the biggest joke of a franchise in the NBA.

I have nothing against them winning at all.

So I guess we are rooting for the same team since you like the Clippers as much as you like the Lakers.

Yay.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I wonder if LA claims the title won by the Rams?

I wonder if Baltimore claims the title won by the  Indianapolis Colts?

I wonder if Seattle will claim its' second title if/when OKC ever wins the NBA title?

Who claims the Raiders titles?  LA or Oakland?

I wonder......................

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

It's a great feeling to wake up in the morning knowing that we in LA have one of the great powers in the NBA ready to steamroll everyone, even Miami. We are so proud of this Clipper team that is right there to keep LA on top while the Lakers continue their development with Howard. How would you like to have a back up like that to demonstrate that your city is truly the Mecca of pro basketball? It's amazing how quickly the Celtics have declined in just a few short months since they blew that 3-2 lead to Miami at home. And they have absolutely nothing in the works to keep them competitive. And with Boston, it's Celtics or bust. With Los Angeles we always have a team at Staples at the ready. What a magnificent feeling that is. I truly couldn't make up my mind last night who to root for, either outcome was enormously satisfying. You see, I don't wake up thinking we have a sub 500 team still in prep, I think of having a powerhouse Clipper team getting better and better. But you Celtic fans wake up thinking "what now". Sad.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Some one clearly doesn't think the lakers are good anymore, and has jumped ship.

Need to change your name to clippersavenger!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]

It's a great feeling to wake up in the morning knowing that we in LA have one of the great powers in the NBA ready to steamroll everyone, even Miami. We are so proud of this Clipper team that is right there to keep LA on top while the Lakers continue their development with Howard. How would you like to have a back up like that to demonstrate that your city is truly the Mecca of pro basketball? It's amazing how quickly the Celtics have declined in just a few short months since they blew that 3-2 lead to Miami at home. And they have absolutely nothing in the works to keep them competitive. And with Boston, it's Celtics or bust. With Los Angeles we always have a team at Staples at the ready. What a magnificent feeling that is. I truly couldn't make up my mind last night who to root for, either outcome was enormously satisfying. You see, I don't wake up thinking we have a sub 500 team still in prep, I think of having a powerhouse Clipper team getting better and better. But you Celtic fans wake up thinking "what now". Sad.

[/QUOTE]

I am not sure if you are able to read.

I am happy that the Clippers are doing well.

I hope they win it all.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Some one clearly doesn't think the lakers are good anymore, and has jumped ship.

[/QUOTE]

You like the Clippers too right Hedley?

Me you and Lakersavenger can all root for the Clippers in the playoffs!  Not in the same room of course.  Lakersavenger tends to urinate on himself when his favorite teams win.  Kind of nasty.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You like the Clippers too right Hedley?

Me you and Lakersavenger can all root for the Clippers in the playoffs!  Not in the same room of course.  Lakersavenger tends to urinate on himself when his favorite teams win.  Kind of nasty.

[/QUOTE]

el  oh  el!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

I'm so glad that so many of you ex celtic fans are starting to join us in celebrating another Los Angeles sports success story. I actually can't blame you for abandoning your Celtics, afterall, they are on the road to the ML Carr-Patino days of 15-67. So, we welcome you in cheering on another Staples Center team, and when the Lakers get going, you can always cheer them on too. I mean, who else would you cheer on, the Knicks? Heat? Welcome to all the Celtic defectors to the Mecca of pro ball.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Clippers or Lakers. Los Angeles is just superior to Boston.

[/QUOTE]

In what  Rape charges. Gangs, Smog, Traffic, Fake breasts? Drag Queens, and Road Side Orange Salesman

[/QUOTE]

You really are an idiot.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I never root for another team after the Celtics lose - I have complete disinterest.

And, I already told you, genius, it's PITINO!!!!!

Who is abandoning the Celtics?  Anyone???????

We also respect the lakers..................just can't stand their obnoxious, arrogant, entitled fans...................

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to Duke4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dirty, you have a point there....just for fun, here is a short comparison of the three major sports (baseball, football, and basketball) and the success of the franchises in both cities..

Baseball....Los Angeles has the Dodgers (1958) and the Angels (1961).....in 107 combined seasons the teams have combined to win 6 chapionships....since 1958 the Red Sox have won twice in 55 seasons...

Football.....the Rams played in LA from 1946 to 1994...in those 49 years the Rams won 1 title (1951)....the Raiders played in LA for 13 years, winning once.....so in 62 years, LA teams have won 2 championships...the Pats joined the new AFL in 1960...in the 52 years since, the Patriots have won 3 championships...

Basketball....the Lakers moved to LA in 1960...in 52 years they have won 11 titles.....the Clippers move to LA in 1985...in 28 years they have yet to win a title....so in 70 combined seasons, LA teams have won 11 championships....since winning their first championship in 1957, the Celtics have won 17 championships in 56 years...

LA has 19 titles (in 249 combined seasons)....Boston has 22 titles (in 163 combined seasons)

I believe these figures are accurate....and for those who are not aware....Foxborough and Aneheim are about the same distance from Boston an Los Angeles

[/QUOTE]

Actually, Foxboro is probably closer to Boston than Anaheim is to LA.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Duke4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Actually, Foxboro is probably closer to Boston than Anaheim is to LA.

[/QUOTE]

It IS, trust me....................made both trips many times!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Wow ..LAkers lost...who expected that?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I can't make up my mind which one of my beloved teams I want to win tonight. Isn't that a great dilemma? I want the Clippers to win because I want them to have the best record, but of course I want the Lakers to continue to improve and get a good playoff spot. How are your Celtics doing, btw?

[/QUOTE]

+1

[/QUOTE]

What an idiot coach having Gasol shoot 3s like Sheed used to want to do for Celtics. He is most effective under the basket & I don' think he's soft & wish the Cs had him playing along with KG.

First of all I am a Boston fan but living in SF for 45 years I'm a local fan too. We dislike LA teams as much as Boston does. Don 't see you guys on SF forums. I like the Clippers because I still associate them with their start, in San Diego, a nice bay city like Boston & SF !!!

Am in  heaven today as 49ers & PATs await their playoff opponents & watch 2 NFL games & then at 7:30 PCT, watch a rematch of last Sat's game between LAC-GS when Warriors won by 21. Sure wish the Celtics had Lee, better than any of our PF except KG, and Curry, better than Rondo, I think !!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I never root for another team after the Celtics lose - I have complete disinterest.

We also respect the lakers..................just can't stand their obnoxious, arrogant, entitled fans...................

[/QUOTE]

It's kind of embarrassing to have my spelling corrected by a buffoon. Oh well.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I know.............kind of means I'm NOT one, eh??????

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's kind of embarrassing to have my spelling corrected by a buffoon. Oh well.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I know.............kind of means I'm NOT one, eh??????

[/QUOTE]

No Hedley is right,  you are a complete buffoon.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Can't make up my mind which one of my beloved teams I want to win tonight. Isn't that a great dilemma?"

You root for both LA teams? That's pathetic. To think I could have even less respect for you. But it's possible. 

Even New York fans choose between the Giants and Jets, the Yankees or the Mets. 

I'm sure you adopted the Clippers when they became good as you have all the characteristics for a front runner. 

Make a choice between the Clips and the Lakers and make it now.

" Pats don't represent Boston and don't play in Boston so they don't count."

I'm not even going to answer that, take a geography lesson sometime. The fact is Boston was the most successful sports town of the last decade, and that's good enough for all of us here. Whatever happened in 1810 is not a concern.

[/QUOTE]

Amen to that, BTS.  Just when I thought the Lakers trolls couldn't get any more idiotic, lakersavenger proves me wrong.  How can you support both the Lakers and the Clippers?  That's the very definition of being a far-weathered fan or glory hunter.  Pathetic.

25. This post has been removed.