Gutsy win vs. Philly

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Gutsy win vs. Philly

The short handed C's playing the second of a back to back on the road win a nail bitter. Tally the winning streak to nine. 
        The 35 year old Ray Allen is playing like he's 30. I think thus far he's having his best season as a Celtic. Great team win all together. I tip my hat to Semih. He was given the start and he delivered. Nothing spectacular, but he gave what you can realistically expect from him.
         The C's get a well deserved day off tomorrow. Great game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Re: Gutsy win vs. Philly

They didn't play any defense tonight, Paul and Quis were missing all night, and of course no center.... Great ending though, when they got the TO I said they should probably do something similar to what Bogut did last night, glad it worked out!

9 in a row!!!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

A win is a win.  I just hope this Celtics team keeps it up or else builds a big cushion for their spring slide.  I'd like to see them come on strong in the playoffs again.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

To be honest, I really didn't think the C's were going to win this one on their tired legs.  I would have liked to have seen Harangody come in for a few minutes and maybe help on the glass.  Pierce led the team with eight rebounds but Brand had eight offensive rebounds.  That just can't be allowed to happen.  I guess Doc thinks Harangody is too raw, but fresh legs with a little spring were needed.  To have won this game while rebounding so poorly was remarkable.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Gutsy win vs. Philly:
    [QUOTE]They didn't play any defense tonight, Paul and Quis were missing all night, and of course no center.... Great ending though, when they got the TO I said they should probably do something similar to what Bogut did last night, glad it worked out! 9 in a row!!!
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]

It's not the defense, it's the rebounding. Philly got 15 offensive rebounds, that made the difference. Offensive rebounds equals additional possessions, Philly had 13 more shot attempts, 81 to 68, than the Celtics. If Shaq or Perk was in the paint banging bodies no way would Elton Brand get that many offensive rebounds.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gutsy win vs. Philly : It's not the defense, it's the rebounding. Philly got 15 offensive rebounds, that made the difference. Offensive rebounds equals additional possessions, Philly's 81 shot attempts proves that. If Shaq or Perk was in the paint banging bodies no way would Elton Brand get that many offensive rebounds. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Offensive rebounds true but Meeks was open all night...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

You're KGLove, Meeks found himself open a lot.  It wasnt looking good for a stretch.  I thought the same about 'Gody coming in to bring some energy.  BBD at times was a turnove machine and taking shots when he shouldnt have.  I thought KG had sat out too long in 4th.  Oh well, good win and on to the next one.  Look out, once they get 100%...I'm not even counting Perk in that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gutsy win vs. Philly : Offensive rebounds true but Meeks was open all night...
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]

Why are you surprised? Meeks was Ray's man. 

Ray played great tonight, that's why the Celtics didn't get blown out when Pierce and the other Celtic players struggled. But on defense Ray struggled to keep up with Jodie Meeks. Just like against Portland last week, Ray didn't do a good job defending Wes Matthews.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gutsy win vs. Philly : It's not the defense, it's the rebounding. Philly got 15 offensive rebounds, that made the difference. Offensive rebounds equals additional possessions, Philly had 13 more shot attempts, 81 to 68, than the Celtics. If Shaq or Perk was in the paint banging bodies no way would Elton Brand get that many offensive rebounds.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

yeah it was frustrating tonight watching that. They were hurting out there tonight on the rebounding end.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Matthews had 20 tonight apparently no one is defending him well...
    Williams was open a lot too not much defense played tonight

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]I don't understand Nate playing the 2 guard when you have Daniels and Von Wafer on the bench and an injured Rondo. But nice play drawn up by Rivers at the end.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

so you would have rather had marquis daniels or von wafer on the court to shoot a possible game winner?..they went small. it wasnt a traditional lineup. put all shooters on the floor..and rondo. lol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from potging. Show potging's posts

always stay positive....cetics all the way

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I agree with the other poster... dont know why Nate doesnt play more PG and insert Wafer/AB for 3-4mins...esp wirh Rondo hurt.  Also giving Luke a shot as our rebounding wasnt so hot . At least see how they do while our front line gets some rest.

Also, didnt understand why we kept feeding Baby in the post. Brand was eating him alive. I didnt mine us trying cause Baby has been effective all season but after 2,3,4 times and Baby eating leather or trvelling etc...its not workin

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gutsy win vs. Philly : It's not the defense, it's the rebounding. Philly got 15 offensive rebounds, that made the difference. Offensive rebounds equals additional possessions, Philly had 13 more shot attempts, 81 to 68, than the Celtics. If Shaq or Perk was in the paint banging bodies no way would Elton Brand get that many offensive rebounds.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

With 3 of our top 5 bigs out it is understandable. We started a rookie that is either 5th or 6th on our depth chart and he turned in a decent game.  Read somewhere where PP had the flu also.  With all the injuries  keeping people out and guys playing sick and injured it was a real testiment to our team.  5 wins in 9 days in December.  Now we get a little downtime and maybe get some guys healthy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Matthews had 20 tonight apparently no one is defending him well... Williams was open a lot too not much defense played tonight
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]

KG  i go along with you.  The other team has NBA players on their team.  They WILL score.  Someone will get scored on every game.  Its easy to pt fingers at individuals.  What most people don't understand is alot of the time guys are helping with other players (probably a coaches decision) and their guy scores.  We make too much out of a guy scoring and automatically blame a individual. We try to play TEAM defense.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Gutsy win vs. Philly:
    [QUOTE]The short handed C's playing the second of a back to back on the road win a nail bitter. Tally the winning streak to nine.      The 35 year old Ray Allen is playing like he's 30. I think thus far he's having his best season as a Celtic. Great team win all together. I tip my hat to Semih. He was given the start and he delivered. Nothing spectacular, but he gave what you can realistically expect from him.      The C's get a well deserved day off tomorrow. Great game.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  It was a very impressive win considering it was a close game the entire way. 
    It was also nice to see the Bruins win.  Great to be a Boston sports fan considering the recent additions by the Red Sox and the Patriots impressive win last Monday.   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gutsy win vs. Philly : KG  i go along with you.  The other team has NBA players on their team.  They WILL score.  Someone will get scored on every game.  Its easy to pt fingers at individuals.  What most people don't understand is alot of the time guys are helping with other players (probably a coaches decision) and their guy scores.  We make too much out of a guy scoring and automatically blame a individual. We try to play TEAM defense.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Don't forget that even with TEAM defense the Celtics still use man to man defense as their base defense. 

The Celtics were leading by 1 point, 93-92, when Jodie Meeks hit that 3-pointer to give the Sixers a 2-point lead late in the 4th qtr. That happened because Ray couldn't keep up with Meeks. I think that play proves my point. And KGLove was the one that said Jodie Meeks was open all night.

Team defense can only do so much. If your man keeps getting by you then the help defender will suffer the consequences. It's either the help defender's man will be open or the help defender himself will end up fouling. 

Wes Matthews scored 20 points against the Magic because Vince Carter was guarding him.