Guys, Common.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Guys, Common.

What is going on with this board? I'm resisting the temptation to throw any insults. Instead, an honest question.

Why is the last name of a player all of a sudden blocked?

Iman S[h]umpart 

Why is a word so instrumental about talking basketball blocked?

S[h]ot

S[h]ooting

S[h]ooter

And finally, how old are we? Serious question. Are there toddlers on this board? Do we think there are 10 or 11 year old who come here to debate how Ainge should rebuild this team? Can we not be grown-ups and use normal american vocabulary?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Re: Guys, Common.

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What is going on with this board? I'm resisting the temptation to throw any insults. Instead, an honest question.

Why is the last name of a player all of a sudden blocked?

Iman S[h]umpart 

Why is a word so instrumental about talking basketball blocked?

S[h]ot

S[h]ooting

S[h]ooter

And finally, how old are we? Serious question. Are there toddlers on this board? Do we think there are 10 or 11 year old who come here to debate how Ainge should rebuild this team? Can we not be grown-ups and use normal american vocabulary?

[/QUOTE]

Ok,  I'll start,  if you will....

common
    1. 1. occurring, found, or done often; prevalent. "salt and pepper are the two most common seasonings"
      • ordinary; of ordinary qualities; without special rank or position.
    noun: common ; plural noun: commons
    1. 1. a piece of open land for public use, esp. in a village or town.
    2. 2. (in the Christian Church) a form of service used for each of a group of occasions.            

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

this stinks!!  and to pile on so to speak, another word for passing gas that starts with flatu..... is even barred.  for real.  why i would use this word in a basketball forum is irrelevant!! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

this stinks!!  and to pile on so to speak, another word for passing gas that starts with flatu..... is even barred.  for real.  why i would use this word in a basketball forum is irrelevant!! 

[/QUOTE]
    Starts with "flatu..."

Hmmmmm..... flatus maybe?

Still you have lots of options to describe "gassy."

Get creative.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

aromatic bouquet?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

while i would favor having none of these rigid, arbitrary and often ridiculous restrictions, what does it really matter? it's like trying to nail jello to a wall. you have already seen the various ways people have gotten around the limitations. is it really that big of a deal?

in a small way it kind of forces a little more creativity. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In response to MustangBri's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to R9R's comment:
    Can we not be grown-ups and use normal american vocabulary?

[/QUOTE]

Ok,  I'll start,  if you will....

common

1. 1. occurring, found, or done often; prevalent. "salt and pepper are the two most common seasonings"
      • ordinary; of ordinary qualities; without special rank or position.

noun: common ; plural noun: commons

1. 1. a piece of open land for public use, esp. in a village or town.
    2. 2. (in the Christian Church) a form of service used for each of a group of occasions.            

[/QUOTE]

Thank you! Your, You're, there, their, they're, then, than, et al.  3rd grade stuff, really. Typos can be acceptable and honest excuses but the rest......

However, when trying to type the word that is a man's upper garment worn under dress or casual garments is, like the other examples of an absurd policy, going too far.  Moderation should be done by a person not a program that cannot discern context and content.  We can't get any help with the obvious trolls who hijack thread after thread (not many around these days - the Fakers are losings nearly as much as the Celtics), but denying words in normal usage that have no offensive implications are beyond the pale.