Harangody shows his hand

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoneyShooter. Show MoneyShooter's posts

Harangody shows his hand

Good for Luke!! He had 18 pts., 4 rebounds,2 assists and hit 2 3's also, while shooting 54.6% on the night in about 21 min. of playing time. Sounds like he's a good fit for the Cavs and was a big part of their win over NY.

Overall seems like a smart guy with a good attitude and some skill. He wasn't cut out for Boston at this point in time but I wish him well in what I hope is a long NBA career.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Re: Harangody shows his hand

Now that's Walker and Harangody that have shown they are NBA ready once they have left the Celtics (at least offensively). Something about the culture of this team doesn't let rookies do squat (AB is playing though even as his O production sucx so maybe it is about D commitment and/or ability).  Talking about D commitment, Doc was saying that Ellis scored 9 hoops or something like that on back cuts that never happen to the Celtics, who was covering him or was missing rotations? If anybody knows (has opinion), I didn't see the game and would appreciate that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

In Response to Harangody shows his hand:
    [QUOTE]Good for Luke!! He had 18 pts., 4 rebounds,2 assists and hit 2 3's also, while shooting 54.6% on the night in about 21 min. of playing time. Sounds like he's a good fit for the Cavs and was a big part of their win over NY. Overall seems like a smart guy with a good attitude and some skill. He wasn't cut out for Boston at this point in time but I wish him well in what I hope is a long NBA career.
    Posted by MoneyShooter[/QUOTE]
    MoneyShooter, your post is very classy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoneyShooter. Show MoneyShooter's posts

In Response to Re: Harangody shows his hand:
    [QUOTE]Now that's Walker and Harangody that have shown they are NBA ready once they have left the Celtics (at least offensively). Something about the culture of this team doesn't let rookies do squat (AB is playing though even as his O production sucx so maybe it is about D commitment and/or ability).  Talking about D commitment, Doc was saying that Ellis scored 9 hoops or something like that on back cuts that never happen to the Celtics, who was covering him or was missing rotations? If anybody knows (has opinion), I didn't see the game and would appreciate that.
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]

Not sure who exactly was covering Ellis on the plays Doc is talking about. With the Celtics, it could have been anyone with the team defense they play and all the switching. As far as those players (Walker & Harangody)go, they are both very talented players, but when you play on a vet heavy team that contends for championships you aren't gonna play unless you fit the team's style or at least contribute what they need as far as depth goes. The only other way is if you are a Blake Griffin or John Wall type of rook who can have an impact immediately and not have to learn as you go (yes, they all learn as they go but if you can get a double double on any given night then it makes having to teach a little bit easier). I get attached to rookies and young players that show heart & effort on the floor and love watching them succeed somewhere else (i.e. Matt Cassell). Good personalities are hard to find and New England overall has had good luck in all sports. If there is a bad seed they are quickly disposed of and that's how it should be.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Way to go Luke. Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuke.
         Being a rookie and playing for the C's the past 4 seasons is a dead end street. Doc and Danny prefer to go with the vets. They have their reasons and I'm sure they're good reasons. The main reason they have is it's all about winning #18 now, and not player development. I can't blame them for that philosophy. The rebuilding phase will come soon enough and than we'll get our fill of young player development.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Harangody is better than Murphy. Johnson might be better than Erden.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

There was not reason to trade Luke, and I like Danny and thank him for out competative team and his recent finds, but we could still have Luke, that was a mistake, the Probelm if we have the guy we drafted form Texas as our number one and he looks like he is lost and can not find his way out of a paper bag.  WE should have kept Luke, sorry Danny , that was a mistake.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Harangody seemed like a lock to get better.  Murphy is here for 18 but it remains to be seen if he is going to be a help in winning it.  I have not liked what I have  seen thus far.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I think two things contributed to Luke getting traded,one he is an NBA caliber player but he just didn't mesh with the style and players we have now, and DA gave him a shot to get PT  and increase his chances of sticking in the NBA. Who knows maybe we pull a Delonte and let him get his game together and get him back.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Let's face it.  Luke was never going to get enough minutes to show his stuff this season (except through more injuries), and Danny did him a favor by trading him.  I can't explain why, but I have this feeling that Luke will be wearing the green again somewhere down the road.  Stay tuned.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

like bill walker, luke and erden will flourish elsewhere. they are good enough right now to be in the rotation of any also-ran team in the league; later, they will graduate to the more competitve teams with their highbasketball IQs and sound fundamentals but average talent or skill sets. ditto with ryan gomes (should not be starting for anyone), d-west, tony allen, perky, and so forth. danny is great at finding these guys from nothing. all great contributors, not necessarily the star... the men behind the men so to speak..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from usa4life. Show usa4life's posts

Harangody has a big heart and brings energy.
    The problem is he is just a bit too small to play the four and two slow to play the three.
    If I were his coach, I work on making him leaner and less muscular. This will allow him to play the three.

Murphy has been a bust to date, but does has the size to play as a four or five.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from usa4life. Show usa4life's posts

I will say that at this time the Erden / Luke deal does not look very good right now.

Murphy may come around as PJ Brown did in 08. He is only 30 years old and should still have some game.

I think Murphy needs another 2-3 weeks to know if he can help.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

harangody had games like this for us.  his problem was he was never going to get up to speed on defense in time to be meaningful to the c's in this crucial run and will likely struggle to get serious minutes his whole career.  maybe a bonner type role is what his high water mark would be, and we have those roles filled on this team.

i don't see how people can say harangody is better than murphy.  for years, murphy has been solid in the nba.  he got sandbagged under little hitler avery in NJ and needs some time to get in game shape and into a flow.  it ain't going to be pretty for a little while, but this guy will be there when the music stops in the playoffs and will make contributions.