Harangody thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

Re: Harangody thread

He's good.  He has a nice mid range jumper and really goes hard for the rebounds. He can't create his own shot but on this team he doesn't have to. He can really stroke it. He reminds me a bit of Matt Harpring back in the day. 11 boards tonight.  (note to Acie.  The fact that Davis only had 2 boards again tonight means nothing.  He is awesome and I am naming my first son Glenn. I don't care about rebounds anymore.)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Anybody who pulls down double figure boards is going to stand out on this team.
    I know size is an issue with Harangody.  Did the Raptors field a small lineup tonite?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

I agree with jallen that 4 years in the Big East, but honestly just 4 years of college period has prepared him this stage.  He showed what he could do back in the summer league and preseason.  When he gets time he will produce.  If he can come close to this on most nights Doc will have a lot of options as far line ups.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

In Response to Re: Harangody thread:
    [QUOTE]Anybody who pulls down double figure boards is going to stand out on this team. I know size is an issue with Harangody.  Did the Raptors field a small lineup tonite?
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

He can rebound. He averaged around 10 a game in the Big East and is known to have a nose for the ball.  He also is extremely strong.  Size is more thought of an issue on defense as he would be slower and smaller then most people he would be guarding.  He also has no post up game.

But he can shoot and he can rebound...all day long.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Anybody who pulls down double figure boards is going to stand out on this team. I know size is an issue with Harangody.  Did the Raptors field a small lineup tonite?
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

the raptors have a positively miserable front line.  the only teeth in it was reggie evans, a rebounder-only, scrum-type guy.  in his absence they are left with bargainini who is a 7 foot sissy, amir johnson and ed davis, two yesterday's newspaper's big men, if they ever got as far as yesterday.

nice to see the c's put away a bunch of scrubs decisively tonight, in many recent past games since kg's been out, we've played down to poor teams.  GREAT to see harangody popping his head up for a double double.  he may turn out to be something.

icon- out of fairness to everyone, i think you should name your kid "cumquat", a perfectly neutral name, and that way he will grow up and be able to rebound, or not strictly of his own volition, and it will not be pre-determined by any intergalactical residue from being unfairly named "glenn".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Harangody thread : the raptors have a positively miserable front line.  the only teeth in it was reggie evans, a rebounder-only, scrum-type guy.  in his absence they are left with bargainini who is a 7 foot sissy, amir johnson and ed davis, two yesterday's newspaper's big men, if they ever got as far as yesterday. nice to see the c's put away a bunch of scrubs decisively tonight, in many recent past games since kg's been out, we've played down to poor teams.  GREAT to see harangody popping his head up for a double double.  he may turn out to be something. icon- out of fairness to everyone, i think you should name your kid "cumquat", a perfectly neutral name, and that way he will grow up and be able to rebound, or not strictly of his own volition, and it will not be pre-determined by any intergalactical residue from being unfairly named "glenn".
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Oddly enough I was already thinking of Cumquat.  I guess it's official.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Harangody thread : Oddly enough I was already thinking of Cumquat.  I guess it's official.
    Posted by Icon11[/QUOTE]

only do that if you feel good with it.  my cynical side has taken over half my body lately

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKE

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]     LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKE
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

Scalabrine: I am your father.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

LOL @ Kirk6

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticjay. Show celticjay's posts

Luke seems to improve every week.  Kid has heart and confidence in himself that Bradley just doesn't at this point in his career.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

If he keeps playing like this, his nick name should be TRUE GRIT!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

You're right Ortiz, Duke instead of Luke! And perhaps Sir Duke at that

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 3+pointer. Show 3+pointer's posts

More play time this dude gat nose for rebounds i can feel it and he can score for sure three pointer for real even if kg and perks come back i wanna see him play.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

All of you guys must realize that it plain kills Doc to give any rookie a lot of playing time. It goes against his better judgement,I would be willing to bet that Bradley will be a baller in two years! Doc isn't going to rush him and nor should he and the same holds true for Luke! The Celtics when healthy won't have a lot of minutes to give Luke except blowouts and garbage time. The Frontcourt is kind of stocked with players with multiple years in the NBA,not to count guys who have been MVP's of the league and finals before, Luke will be groomed and be given minutes but they will selective in issuing him minutes. Nice game tonight though! 17/11 good numbers for a rookie...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Harangody is a hard-nosed kid who plays with a lot of hustle. His four years of playing Big East college ball gives him the toughness and poise to play in the NBA. He's got a decent mid-range jumper that will only improve with time. He doesn't jump high nor is he particularly fleet of foot, but he's got a lot of guts and determination. In my opinion, he can be developed into a combo lockdown defender/clutch shooter ala James Posey and Robert Horry. It's nice to see Doc giving Luke some playing time lately.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhiskeyB. Show WhiskeyB's posts

Luke = Scal 2.0

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MuellerTime19. Show MuellerTime19's posts

I didnt see the game last nite either. It seems like he is better than Scal.

Is this true?? I want this guy to be good so badly.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tjwoods. Show tjwoods's posts

Doubt anyone here forgets the C's are old. Yeah, Doc hates playing rookies, but if the C's are going anywhere in May and June, they need to develop Luke, et. al. now. 

In a weak, except Knicks, conference, this is the perfect time for Doc to break character and turn these kids into solid contributors. I see no reason why PP and RA should be playing 35+ minutes a game with these talented young players around.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

Everything has been said about Luke "The Apostle" Harangony because of his performance against the raptors as always the truth prevail he can surely play celtics basketball you can see the way he fought for a rebound and the way he shoot the ball, but what I liked most is his defense and hassle the quality of a lasting NBA player.

"No Body Does it Better than the BOSTON CELTICS"

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

He had alot of open looks and he shot with confidence. Hell, his post game interview impressed me as much as his play. He talked with maturity and poise. Did anyone else see that interview? It was on CSN.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryMangurian. Show HarryMangurian's posts

[QUOTE]Luke = Scal 2.0
    Posted by WhiskeyB[/QUOTE]

Why do people keep saying that? I agree with those who says he plays more like Baby, Gomes, or Powe