Hard game to watch

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Hard game to watch

Last nights game vs Clippers looked like a 5 year old pickup game the first 3 qtrs.

There was a long stretch where both teams either turned the ball over or should have turned the ball over.... it became comical

What the heck is Rondo doing? He made so many bad passes I was shocked DOc didnt rip his head off. Not just his turnovers ( didnt check stats but am sure it was plenty) but so many careless passes that should have been turnovers.

Even with his poor game, he kept trying to make hot-dog passes anyway... behind the back out of bounds.. threading the needle that didnt thread.. On one entry pass, Green had to use Kung Fu moves to get a hand on the ball.

Rondo also was getting killed defensively, always going under the pick or swiping from behind. This was one of his worse games I can remember.

Many rebounds were dropped or easily knocked out of our guys hands too.

Then, how many times did we play great defense and the Clippers hit a wild shot (Griffins side jumper with KG all over him for one) or threw a brick as the clock expired that barely hit the rim but they got the offensive rebound... 

Man, this was a tough one to watch for me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Hard game to watch

Don't forget that this is a new Celtics team. Krstic is now starting and Jeff Green is now the scorer off the bench. It's unrealistic to expect them to play well right off the bat.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Dont press the panic button.....some wins will be ugly.  Remember PP went 1-10/0-10 in a win....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

C'mon, guys, the Clippers have played us tough in that building for 3 years.  Remember last year when Baron Davis hit that fadeaway 20 footer at the buzzer?  At least we WON!!  And stayed ahead of MIA.  I think the new guys fit in pretty well................not sure why Wafer didn't play too much, other then Foye was on another planet for the second night in a row!

And Rondo needs to be in at the end of games.  Better defender than West, and will not look to shoot.  I just don't trust DWest yet with a game-winner!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Hard game to watch:
    [QUOTE]C'mon, guys, the Clippers have played us tough in that building for 3 years.  Remember last year when Baron Davis hit that fadeaway 20 footer at the buzzer?  At least we WON!!  And stayed ahead of MIA.  I think the new guys fit in pretty well................not sure why Wafer didn't play too much, other then Foye was on another planet for the second night in a row! And Rondo needs to be in at the end of games.  Better defender than West, and will not look to shoot.  I just don't trust DWest yet with a game-winner!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Have to disagree.

I dont see Rondo as being a better defensive player than DW. Rondo is constantly picked off, rarely fighting through. Almost always under picks.  Many times his player drives right by him as Rondo swipes from behind.. thats all high risk stuff. No need for it so often.

Why do you feel Rondo not looking to shoot as something good, other than hes a poor shooter? I believe thats one reason defenses can sag in the middle and disrupt our flow.

With West, they must respect his shot. West showed you that last night, drilling some big 3's and hes careful with the ball.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Why do you feel Rondo not looking to shoot as something good, other than hes a poor shooter? I believe thats one reason defenses can sag in the middle and disrupt our flow.

With West, they must respect his shot. West showed you that last night, drilling some big 3's and hes careful with the ball.

Why fans can't analyze? ...you said it right!

Reminds me, playing a magnet with sands - move the magnet under the paper with sands - always sag right in the middle.
    Because Rondo can't shoot, it's 100% predictable.... the defenses meet right in the middle & close the door.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Actualy, I thought the energy levels in the third and fourth were good. I enjoyed the second half of the game. (with the sound off)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

While the first half was comprised of a lot of missed shots and hoping for fouls (and some legit bad calls), I agree that the 3rd and 4th quarters were good basketball.   I think the Clippers were hitting a lot of shots in the 1s half that they missed in the second.  Many were "tough" shots made in the first half and with a little tighter D, those shots were even tougher in the 2nd half.

That's what we want....good D.  Couple that with our shooting getting back to normal in the 3rd quarter and it was a big 15 point swing.  I loved it!

It wasn't painful to watch for me - it was an NBA game where the game ebbs and flows, but the best team has better D and better O than the weaker team.  

SO, we won!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I just think Rondo had a bad game, and you all are throwing him under the bus.

If 11 assists, 7 TO's,  7 rebounds (2 OR), 2 steals  and a +5 is a BAD game, then we are really good.

DWest - 5 assists, 0 TO's, 3 rebounds (0 OR) and a -7!

Yes, he hit two 3's, but I cringed when he took them.  Personally, I would just rather have RA or PP shooting those in the 4th Q than DWest.  I think last night was the exception, not the rule..............for both of them.  And haven't we had enough Rondo-bashing on this forum??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I don't see Wafer getting many minutes as the season winds down, Doc is going with the guys who are going to play in the play offs. West gives us a whole different look, you can't back off and dare him to shoot!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]C'mon, guys, the Clippers have played us tough in that building for 3 years.  Remember last year when Baron Davis hit that fadeaway 20 footer at the buzzer?  At least we WON!!  And stayed ahead of MIA.  I think the new guys fit in pretty well................not sure why Wafer didn't play too much, other then Foye was on another planet for the second night in a row! And Rondo needs to be in at the end of games.  Better defender than West, and will not look to shoot.  I just don't trust DWest yet with a game-winner!

Who was guarding Foye?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]I just think Rondo had a bad game, and you all are throwing him under the bus.  If 11 assists, 7 TO's,  7 rebounds (2 OR), 2 steals  and a +5 is a BAD game, then we are really good. DWest - 5 assists, 0 TO's, 3 rebounds (0 OR) and a -7! Yes, he hit two 3's, but I cringed when he took them.  Personally, I would just rather have RA or PP shooting those in the 4th Q than DWest.  I think last night was the exception, not the rule..............for both of them.  And haven't we had enough Rondo-bashing on this forum??

If you cringe when Delonte shoots a shot what do you do when Rondo shoots one?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

Karliost, so we should believe your expert analysis rather than that of the NBA coaches who put Rondo on the first team of the All-Defensive Team?

Rondo is no longer a poor shooter.  Since Delonte has played so little this year, let's use last year's performance for him.  Delonte shot 44% on jump shots last year, Rondo only 37%.  This year, however, Rondo is shooting 45% on Js, higher than DW's percentage last year.  Last year, Delonte shot 45% overall, Rondo shot 51% (and is shooting nearly the same this year).

As for "being more careful with the ball", last year Delonte's assists to bad passes ratio was 4.1 to 1.  Rondo's was 4.6 to 1 and Rondo had 50% more assists.

Perhaps you think that Delonte's better in the clutch.  Last year, in the clutch, on a per 48 minutes basis, Delonte had 10.8 points.  Rondo DOUBLED that, with 22 points.

Facts are much more persuasive than unsupported assertions.  You should try it sometime. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Karliost, so we should believe your expert analysis rather than that of the NBA coaches who put Rondo on the first team of the All-Defensive Team? Rondo is no longer a poor shooter.  Since Delonte has played so little this year, let's use last year's performance for him.  Delonte shot 44% on jump shots last year, Rondo only 37%.  This year, however, Rondo is shooting 45% on Js, higher than DW's percentage last year.  Last year, Delonte shot 45% overall, Rondo shot 51% (and is shooting nearly the same this year). As for "being more careful with the ball", last year Delonte's assists to bad passes ratio was 4.1 to 1.  Rondo's was 4.6 to 1 and Rondo had 50% more assists. Perhaps you think that Delonte's better in the clutch.  Last year, in the clutch, on a per 48 minutes basis, Delonte had 10.8 points.  Rondo DOUBLED that, with 22 points. Facts are much more persuasive than unsupported assertions.  You should try it sometime. 
    Posted by jerrycole[/QUOTE]

If your trying to convince people that Rondo is a better shooter than Delonte I think your in for a long day.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

OneonOne, I have the same feeling when Rondo is taking a jump shot as I do when DWest is taking one.  (See above comparison.) 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hard game to watch : If you cringe when Delonte shoots a shot what do you do when Rondo shoots one?
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

I don't cringe when DWest shoots.  I cringe when he shoots a "3"!  He is a career 37% shooter.  Last night was the exception, not the rule, and if we ever lose a game because he took an ill-advised shot, you all will be ranting and raving to no end.  I just don't trust him taking that shot - it's not a personal thing.  He is a MUCH better shooter than Rondo - but WHEN will he shoot it, that's all!

And, when Rondo shoots and outside shot, I know the shot clock is winding down, so I yell "crash the boards."

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]Karliost, so we should believe your expert analysis rather than that of the NBA coaches who put Rondo on the first team of the All-Defensive Team? Rondo is no longer a poor shooter.  Since Delonte has played so little this year, let's use last year's performance for him.  Delonte shot 44% on jump shots last year, Rondo only 37%.  This year, however, Rondo is shooting 45% on Js, higher than DW's percentage last year.  Last year, Delonte shot 45% overall, Rondo shot 51% (and is shooting nearly the same this year). As for "being more careful with the ball", last year Delonte's assists to bad passes ratio was 4.1 to 1.  Rondo's was 4.6 to 1 and Rondo had 50% more assists. Perhaps you think that Delonte's better in the clutch.  Last year, in the clutch, on a per 48 minutes basis, Delonte had 10.8 points.  Rondo DOUBLED that, with 22 points. Facts are much more persuasive than unsupported assertions.  You should try it sometime. 
    Posted by jerrycole[/QUOTE]

I guess he must have improved from last season, huh?

Lets see, FG% is DOWN!!  FT% is DOWN ( if thats possible) PPG is DOWN.  If Rondos jumper has improved so much I can only assume his drop on FG% is due to his weakening ability to make layups. What other explanation could there be?

Also, his assist to TO ratio is the same at 3.1 but its been falling as the season progresses. 

Also remember Rondo is usually taking WIDE OPEN jumpers and thats because teams dont respect his shot.  Because of this, it limits the opportunities for PP, Ray, KG etc to get better looks as they run into dbl teams more often... You're not going to see teams allow DWest the same kind of looks they give Rondo...but according to you, they should, since Rondo is a better shooter..   SO, to use your own words, so we should believe your expert analysis rather than that of the NBA coaches??

Hey DW will get to the line taking jumpers but nobody will come within 5 feet of a Rondo jumper. I mean, anyone can play the statistics game to their advantage but in reality, theres more to the game than stats. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hard game to watch : I guess he must have improved from last season, huh? Lets see, FG% is DOWN!!  FT% is DOWN ( if thats possible) PPG is DOWN.  If Rondos jumper has improved so much I can only assume his drop on FG% is due to his weakening ability to make layups. What other explanation could there be? Also, his assist to TO ratio is the same at 3.1 but its been falling as the season progresses.  Also remember Rondo is usually taking WIDE OPEN jumpers and thats because teams dont respect his shot.  Because of this, it limits the opportunities for PP, Ray, KG etc to get better looks as they run into dbl teams more often... You're not going to see teams allow DWest the same kind of looks they give Rondo...but according to you, they should, since Rondo is a better shooter..   SO, to use your own words, so we should believe your expert analysis rather than that of the NBA coaches?? Hey DW will get to the line taking jumpers but nobody will come within 5 feet of a Rondo jumper. I mean, anyone can play the statistics game to their advantage but in reality, theres more to the game than stats.   
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

J/C never acknowledged that Rondo was ever a poor shooter..... until he pulled together some stats to prove somehow that Rondo is now a good shooter.  In effect he acknowledges belatedly that while Rondo used to be a poor shooter, now today that's no longer the case.

BTW, this same  sort of statistical nonsense used now to compare Rondo and Delonte...  was used to equate Rondo's shooting skills with Kobe in the 2010 Finals.

That Rondo was left wide open while KB was being double and triple teamed the "stats" did not give weight to.

Pud

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Talk about cherry picking stats, assists : bad pass ratio?? LMAO!!

Whats the matter, turnovers are turnovers. If Rondo makes a bad pass or dribbles the ball off his foot out of bounds, its still a turnover. Also, Rondo has been in a much better position to rack up assists playing with 3 HOFers than DWest last year, where he got minimum assist opportunities with Point FOrward/ball hog  Lebron on his team and Mo running the point (on paper anyway) and teammates that dont measure up to who Rondo was assisting. 

Your stats dont mean anything and the proof is anyone with some basketball expertise would be belly laughing listening to your rationalize how Rondo is a better shooter than DWest.