HAS DURANT now passed KOBE +lebron FOR BEST PLAYER STATUS?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

HAS DURANT now passed KOBE +lebron FOR BEST PLAYER STATUS?

durant is the man. bronmay still be the most freakish athletically but his team simply doesnt bring it every game and of course he's still not clutch and pulls a rondo when it comes to taking the last or most crucial shots! kobe has the same issue and he's plateauing.. durant is improving his passing and rebounding. still very unselfish, westBRICK takes more shots yet durant is more efficient in making his shots and getting to the line and hitting the boards for cheap shots! his defense has improved substantially. he's arguably the best all around player in the league as he now takes it to the hoop and even post-up even more!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: HAS DURANT now passed KOBE +lebron FOR BEST PLAYER STATUS?

He has been my favorite NBA player for the last few years.  He is so much more likeable than LeBron, who I really dislike.  Even though, LeBron is a great player and very talented, I just really dislike his attitude.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kivanc. Show kivanc's posts

I don't think Durant will ever be a better player than Lebron, he is a wonderful shooter, but in all other areas Lebron is more superior (and it's not even close).

Durant is very likeable, I guess everybody accepts that, but BEST PLAYER?

No.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

I thought he all ready has passed both of them? KD a true professional and a great role model.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

If i were starting a team and could have any player i wanted. I would take Durant, Howard, or Rose, in that order!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Offensively I'll take KD over kobe.  If you count defense even with offense (and I do) I'll take lebron.  I hate to say it but I call them as I see them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Durant is the better shooter and free throw shooter but  otherwise Lebron has the better all around game. 

Let's do this poll again after the playoffs, we're going to learn a lot about these guys as I think one of the two is likely to win a ring this year. But Lebron has a much more potentially physical style of play, however he doesn't always fully use it....so the two are closer than they would be if Lebron went all out with a post-up game. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

Kobe = 5 rings

Durant's rings + Lebron's rings = 0 rings

Enough said

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DarkFenX89. Show DarkFenX89's posts

^^
    We're talking about now, not one's entire career.

Or are you going to tell me that Bill Russell can ball better than Kobe, Durant, or Lebron right now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

In Response to Re: HAS DURANT now passed KOBE +lebron FOR BEST PLAYER STATUS?:
    [QUOTE]^^ We're talking about now, not one's entire career. Or are you going to tell me that Bill Russell can ball better than Kobe, Durant, or Lebron right now.
    Posted by DarkFenX89[/QUOTE]

Bill Russell was great, although Wilt schooled him numerous times, thus Wilt was the best in the league back then. You probably never witnessed Wilt or Russ actually play.

The current argument is skewed because Luis Scola might go off for 30 points on any given night while Dirk Nowitski only scores 25, but of course, everyone would take Dirk over Luis any day of the week. Just sayin'

Kobe is without question, the best player in the NBA, not just because of his 5 rings but because of his killer instinct and other records he currently holds. Did you even know that Kobe surpassed Michael Jordan for most points scored while playing for the same team last night? He also clinched the game for the Lakers while hitting 2 clutch shots in the final minute and half. Learn the game son, and then you can discuss it with confidence.

Go Celtics!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HAS DURANT now passed KOBE +lebron FOR BEST PLAYER STATUS? : Bill Russell was great, although Wilt schooled him numerous times, thus Wilt was the best in the league back then. You probably never witnessed Wilt or Russ actually play. The current argument is skewed because Luis Scola might go off for 30 points on any given night while Dirk Nowitski only scores 25, but of course, everyone would take Dirk over Luis any day of the week. Just sayin' Kobe is without question, the best player in the NBA, not just because of his 5 rings but because of his killer instinct and other records he currently holds. Did you even know that Kobe surpassed Michael Jordan for most points scored while playing for the same team last night? He also clinched the game for the Lakers while hitting 2 clutch shots in the final minute and half. Learn the game son, and then you can discuss it with confidence. Go Celtics!
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle[/QUOTE]

kobe is awesome but if you haven't noticed he is shooting under 43 percent from the floor this year, which is the worst for him since 1998.  You keep talking about rings and records.  This thread is about right now. This isn't even close to his best year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Kobe is not even the best player at his position any more. And he is not the best player of his team this year. Lebron and Durant are far better now. If they will have a better carrer remains to be seen.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HAS DURANT now passed KOBE +lebron FOR BEST PLAYER STATUS? : kobe is awesome but if you haven't noticed he is shooting under 43 percent from the floor this year, which is the worst for him since 1998.  You keep talking about rings and records.  This thread is about right now. This isn't even close to his best year.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Right now, Lebron has dislocated finger on his non shooting hand and the Heat have been blown out in their past 2 games.  Durant scored 25 points against the Blazers last night in their team's win, while Kobe who is playing in his 16th season scored 30 against the Warriors in his team's victory. Also, need I add that Kobe is leading the league in scoring. So even RIGHT NOW, I say Kobe is better and that is not mentioning his numerous championship rings. Thanks for playing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HAS DURANT now passed KOBE +lebron FOR BEST PLAYER STATUS? : Right now, Lebron has dislocated finger on his non shooting hand and the Heat have been blown out in their past 2 games.  Durant scored 25 points against the Blazers last night in their team's win, while Kobe who is playing in his 16th season scored 30 against the Warriors in his team's victory. Also, need I add that Kobe is leading the league in scoring. So even RIGHT NOW, I say Kobe is better and that is not mentioning his numerous championship rings. Thanks for playing.

Of course you say that Kobe is better right now.  You're a troll and you have no objectivity.  As I said kobe is still awesome but shooting 42 percent for your 28.3 a game is not awesome.     Durant is shooting 50 percent and is averaging 27.8.  Kobe can still create his own shot better than most but he sure cant make them like he used to.

Anyway mad respect to kobe for still bringing it as his age. Even though he isn't as good as he used to be.  If he was LA would be winning a lot more.  Obviously.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HAS DURANT now passed KOBE +lebron FOR BEST PLAYER STATUS? : Right now, Lebron has dislocated finger on his non shooting hand and the Heat have been blown out in their past 2 games.  Durant scored 25 points against the Blazers last night in their team's win, while Kobe who is playing in his 16th season scored 30 against the Warriors in his team's victory. Also, need I add that Kobe is leading the league in scoring. So even RIGHT NOW, I say Kobe is better and that is not mentioning his numerous championship rings. Thanks for playing.

kobe is better than Durant and Lebron? are you kidding me? 

since you wanna "play", lets look at the fact that he was 9-24 last night. it took Kobe 24 shots to get 30 points. efficient? no. lets think about this. if Durant and Lebron took the ball as much as kobe did, do you REALLY think they couldnt have scoring titles? heck, KD has held the scoring title the last 2-3 seasons with a gunner in Russell Westbrook on his team!! i dont wanna hear "ehh he leads in scoring." 

if your not a laker fan, you would look subjectively and understand that he no longer is the best player in the league, period. top 10? sure. but im taking KD, Lebron, Dwight, Rose, AND Cp3 over Kobe right now. he isnt even the best player in LA.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

I am being objective. Durant has done nothing to even place himself as top 5 in the league unless regular season game winners are the standard. Lebron has a reputation for not coming through for his team in the Finals. Now Kobe on the other hand has done it all and continues to do so. I really like Paul Pierce though, but he could not win until he got KG and Ray and then they should have won more than just 1 ring but as any Celtic fan knows, the referees and Stern just dont like us.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HAS DURANT now passed KOBE +lebron FOR BEST PLAYER STATUS? : kobe is better than Durant and Lebron? are you kidding me?  since you wanna "play", lets look at the fact that he was 9-24 last night. it took Kobe 24 shots to get 30 points. efficient? no. lets think about this. if Durant and Lebron took the ball as much as kobe did, do you REALLY think they couldnt have scoring titles? heck, KD has held the scoring title the last 2-3 seasons with a gunner in Russell Westbrook on his team!! i dont wanna hear "ehh he leads in scoring."  if your not a laker fan, you would look subjectively and understand that he no longer is the best player in the league, period. top 10? sure. but im taking KD, Lebron, Dwight, Rose, AND Cp3 over Kobe right now. he isnt even the best player in LA.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Oh young children these days. Have you ever looked at the great Michael Jordan's shooting percentage? Also, since you want to discuss last night so much. Did you see Kobe hit the 2 biggest shots of the game for the Lakers? Now you can have all FIVE of those guys that you mentioned, but I will stick with Kobe as he has FIVE more rings than all of those guys put together. Not the best player in L.A. Hahahahaha,, you must live in a cave.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to HAS DURANT now passed KOBE +lebron FOR BEST PLAYER STATUS? : No, he hasn't.  But he will the second he wins his first title.  Hopefully before MEBron.  Bryant is still excellent, but he is slipping  a bit....9-24 last night again!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

I just wish Paul Pierce would shoot 9-24 if it meant the Celtics would win more games. Just sayin'

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to HAS DURANT now passed KOBE +lebron FOR BEST PLAYER STATUS?:
    [QUOTE]durant is the man. bronmay still be the most freakish athletically but his team simply doesnt bring it every game and of course he's still not clutch and pulls a rondo when it comes to taking the last or most crucial shots! kobe has the same issue and he's plateauing.. durant is improving his passing and rebounding. still very unselfish, westBRICK takes more shots yet durant is more efficient in making his shots and getting to the line and hitting the boards for cheap shots! his defense has improved substantially. he's arguably the best all around player in the league as he now takes it to the hoop and even post-up even more!
    Posted by CAPITALIST_AVENGER[/QUOTE]

No, he hasn't.  But he will the second he wins his first title.  Hopefully before MEBron.  Bryant is still excellent, but he is slipping  a bit....9-24 last night again!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Durant is a better player then Kobe right now.
    So is LeBron.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Durant is far better than Kobe at this point in his career. Kobe, is a great scorer but he is not as good as Durant or lebron at this point in his career.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HAS DURANT now passed KOBE +lebron FOR BEST PLAYER STATUS? : Oh young children these days. Have you ever looked at the great Michael Jordan's shooting percentage? Also, since you want to discuss last night so much. Did you see Kobe hit the 2 biggest shots of the game for the Lakers? Now you can have all FIVE of those guys that you mentioned, but I will stick with Kobe as he has FIVE more rings than all of those guys put together. Not the best player in L.A. Hahahahaha,, you must live in a cave.

Yeah.  He shot 497 for his career.  Have you ever looked at it?  Kobe is shooting under 43 percent.  That isn't good son.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HAS DURANT now passed KOBE +lebron FOR BEST PLAYER STATUS? : Yeah.  He shot 497 for his career.  Have you ever looked at it?  Kobe is shooting under 43 percent.  That isn't good son.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Funny how you try and pull MJ's career stats. You must have missed the season when he shot 42 percent. Kobe, while playing in his 16th season is shooting 43 percent and leading the league in scoring over KD and Lebron. Not that bad, son. Again, thank you for playing. Laughing

Go Celtics!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HAS DURANT now passed KOBE +lebron FOR BEST PLAYER STATUS? : Rico can cherry pick those stats, can't he?
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

I thought I was kobeismrnba? 

Cherry pick that kid. Laughing

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HAS DURANT now passed KOBE +lebron FOR BEST PLAYER STATUS? : Funny how you try and pull MJ's career stats. You must have missed the season when he shot 42 percent. Kobe, while playing in his 16th season is shooting 43 percent and leading the league in scoring over KD and Lebron. Not that bad, son. Again, thank you for playing. Go Celtics!!

Are you for real? That's the point I am trying to make.  that year you you mentioned with Jordan he was way past his prime.  there were only two seasons  when MJ shot under 43 percent. One when he was coming back from playing baseball and only played 17 games.  The other one was when he was on the Washington Wizards and was inarguably on the downside of his career.  He was 39 the season you are talking about. I agree.  Kobe is now about as good as a 39 year old MJ.  Past his prime and shooting 42 percent.  And here I was thinking we were disagreeing.

I appreciate you thanking me for playing.  Because I am having a blast.