Have No Fear, Harangody is Here!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

Re: Have No Fear, Harangody is Here!

I think it's too soon to tell what Luke will give.  Three things are sure though, he can shoot, he works hard on the floor and for a guy his size he can board.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

New Year's is over put down the liquor. Again, you're infatuated with a role player...actually Harangody isn't even a role player yet.

P34 please stop the madness you're just throwing darts against a board and hoping to hit a hidden gem. It's way too early to even have a Harangody dedicated post. Geez man, this board is going down hill quickly.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Bias and P34 you guys need to get your own thread.  Everytime one post something the other comes and attacks.  Anyways....

Harangody has shown he has some skills when given the playing time.  Remember he played four years in the big east and was  a dayum good player.  'Gody needs to work on his defensive footwork and he will be okay.  He has a good jumper already, which is good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Well everyone in the NBA has game, but let's keep things in perspective. I din't call him a bum because he plays in the NBA. How can some sit and dog Bradley and then turn around and say Harangody is going to do this or that? We have no idea what either will do. Gerald Green was suppose to be good. Marcus Banks, Kedrick Brown. I can go on and on. We don't need a post like this about Harangody. Let him play and develop his game, stop trying to make players great when they haven't done anything.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I think Harangody will be a good 6th or 7th man but not like in the mold of Glen Davis.  He will shoot better and he'll be a smarter offensive player.  He won't be able to play defense on bigs in spots like BBD, he won't be a hustle player like BBD, and he won't be the rebounder that BBD is.

We'll lose some assets with BBD and if Harangody was his replacement - we'd gain some different assets.

Just one opinion.  Time will tell who's right, of course.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN. Show KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN's posts

does luke play center also like bb? u r overlooking bb's diversity. luke may be as gooat pf but thats not all bb brings to the table.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

I basically agree with fierce about luke; I believe he is a poor man's bb that will board better, not try and take over games( d/t overestimating his own abilities) and avoid the aforementioned diarrhea..It is true that he won't be able to defend centers' like seed..That being said I do not hate bb or the celtics

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I think Harangody has real potential.  He is always in the right place it seems.  He rebounds very well almost like Bird in his blocking out and positioning.  He shoots and hit open shots especially well, threes included.  There is no doubt he could be a real good player for us.  The only place I disagree with Fierce on this is that I am not so sure he will be better than BBD.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

When Harangody was in there, against the Raptors, he scored and got a rebound. This guy can play.

The difference between Harangody and Avery Bradley is Harangody is productive when he gets to play. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Anyone like to guess which poster, said Luke was only D league material, earlier in the year!!  HAHAHA!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

And Luke also went to the floor hard to save a possession.  I like this kid's hustle.  But I still want Baby here on a new contract.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Have No Fear, Harangody is Here!:
    [QUOTE] Anyone like to guess which poster, said Luke was only D league material, earlier in the year!!  HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

You can be D-League material but still end up being productive in the NBA. If not for the injuries to the Celtic players both Harangody and Bradley would have been in the D-League by now. Still doesn't change the fact that when Harangody is in the game he's productive while Bradley is not. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Luke got scored on easily inside. He's listed at 6'7 and I'm betting he's not even that tall. I like his game and hustle, but his lack of height is a problem at the power forward position.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

In Response to Re: Have No Fear, Harangody is Here!:
    [QUOTE]Bias and P34 you guys need to get your own thread.  Everytime one post something the other comes and attacks. 
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

what this guy said.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

It certainly looked that way today, mem.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

He seems a little lost at times, but you have to like how agressive he is to make plays, rebound, dive on the floor etc, and he can make shots.  He looks more like an NBA 3 to me, but I bet he never learned to play the position as of yet.  His career will probably develop as a bench player who learns to fill role minutes at the 3 and 4 spot.  If he'll ever start is probably up to his level of motivation and honestly the way he plays you can see a lot of desire in that kid. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

its his first year, he is lucky to get playing time. so far i think harongody and bradley got more playing time then walker and giddens.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetruth007. Show lovetruth007's posts

He needs more minutes. Baby was lucky as a rookie in green. He played significant minutes. He is a smart player and knows what he can and can't do. He keeps improving his skill. He is good at setting picks and taking charges. His height limits his defense againt big tall guys.

Luke is a star in college and can do many things, shooting and rebounding, etc. He needs to learn many little things (setting picks, take charges, play defense, and so on) to survive in Boston. From what I observed, he is learning. He looks hugry and he plays smart too.

From Wikipedia:

2010-11 (Rookie season)

Harangody was selected by the Boston Celtics with the 52nd overall pick in the 2010 NBA Draft. On August 10, 2010, Harangody signed a two year deal with the Celtics.[16] On November 2, 2010, Harangody made his NBA debut in a game against the Detroit Pistons. Harangody was 2-of-2 from the field, and scored four points in three minutes of playing time.

2 for 2, 4 points in 3 minutes in his first NBA game. Wow!!!