Havlicek Stole the Ball – Can the Celtics Steal a Series?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Havlicek Stole the Ball – Can the Celtics Steal a Series?

-

I bet you nearly every Celtic fan has heard “the call”: that gravelly-voiced Johnny Most, bold-faced, all caps, exclamation, HAVLICEK STOLE THE BALL! HAVLICEK STOLE THE BALL!  

That was back in1965.  In 1969 Havlicek’s Celtics were down 0 – 2 to the Lakers who had a superstar trio of Wilt Chamberlain, Elgin Baylor, and Jerry West.  Sound at all familiar?  The Celtics came back from that 0 – 2 deficit to win the NBA Title in seven games. 

Reports of John Havlicek showing up at Celtics practice this week have rebounded around the TwitterWorld, Twitter-Rama, and the TweeterRealm even as the man himself, Hondo in the flesh, provided some inspiration to the 2011 edition of the Celtics, who just happen to find themselves down 0 -2 to the Miami Heat. 

Hondo told them it wouldn’t be easy, of course, that it would take every last ounce of commitment, but that it could be done.  Just getting back to even the series 2 – 2, Hondo told them, would take tremendous fight and effort. Hondo stole the ball and a series.

Now the big question is, Can the 2011 Celtics Steal a Series?

Reports out of Boston indicate that the Celtics believe they need to improve in some vital areas such as:  playing fundamentally sound basketball (which I refer to as Celtic Basketball), like making layups, setting god picks, good defensive rotations and communicating on defense, as well as playing hard and with a real sense of urgency. 

If this team does not have a real sense of urgency at this time then I think that, Houston, we really, really have a problem. 

The Celts watched film this week and watching film should have . . .

Well, here's the link to the rest . . .  Havlicek Stole the Ball - Can the Celtics Steal a Series?

You can watch the video of Havlicek stealing the ball.

Ski on Twitter

http://rajonrondowski.blogspot.com/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Re: Havlicek Stole the Ball – Can the Celtics Steal a Series?

-

We got 'em right where we want 'em.

The Celtics will have their hands full with the Heat, even on their home court.  But now it's time for Miami to feel the Heat, so to speak. 

The pressure should now shift to Miami, now that the series shifts to Boston. 

After a productive 3 days off to heal their wounded pride and bodies the Celtics should come out with a renewed sense of Celtic Pride.

And let's hope that the execution by both the starters and the bench is eons beyond what we witnessed down in Miami.

Fever's will running high for Game 3.  It's prove it to us now time for the Celtics.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I remember the glory of Russell's last title and the comparisons are there to be made.  The other thing is the the big 3 are character guys and the Heat are not.  The Celtics can do this and will start tomorrow.   People need to remember the Celtics are  just getting started.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

In Response to Re: Havlicek Stole the Ball – Can the Celtics Steal a Series?:
    [QUOTE]I remember the glory of Russell's last title and the comparisons are there to be made.  The other thing is the the big 3 are character guys and the Heat are not.  The Celtics can do this and will start tomorrow.   People need to remember the Celtics are  just getting started.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Amen.