Heat Allow Pacers To Get 22 Offensive Rebounds

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Heat Allow Pacers To Get 22 Offensive Rebounds

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Heat lose, of course.

Wow!

Again, Celts are one big man away from being a very good team.

[/QUOTE]

Yes we are you hear people in Boston like Tony Masserati and Gary Tanguay say we can't beat the Heat.  If we get a big man, of course the right one, we can.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Sacre looks like he will be a nice player in the future.  There are players to be had in 2nd round. If I was danny I go after project bigs in the 2nd round.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

What?  Listen, this team is not built for consistency nor the playoffs.  Not only do we need a Center who can rebound, but we need another scorer.  We are 2 high quality players/starters away from being playoff competitive.  As it is now, we can't afford a single injury.  

The East is an unsettled mess.  We could get bounced from the first round if ANYONE is injured.  I really don't think Garnett, Pierce, Rondo and Bradley can all hold up.  and the West has at least five teams that would take us out in 5 or 6 including the Clippers, Warriors (and Bogut returns soon), the Spurs, OKC and Houston.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Miami is not a great team there just very good.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I think Green may be our best defender against Lebron

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

What is the word on Melo is he going to stay with us after he cleared or is it back to Red Claws.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If everybody is healthy, we can beat the Heat.

[/QUOTE]

I hear you Kirk.  If Wilcox can stay healthy and put up some points, the Celts will not need another big.  Wilcox will be enough of a big for Miami.

Now the Clippers is another matter.  I have not thought about that.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

For terms of bang for your buck and what we would have to part with. Gortat seems to me to be the best target.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]

Don't worry about the Clips because they have no Finals experience. Worry about the Spurs. 

Really think we can beat the Spurs with KG, Bass, and Wilcox?

We already saw, twice, how a Spurs vs. Celtics game would look like.

And again, when was the last time a team DEAD LAST in rebounding won an NBA title?

[/QUOTE]

Fierce, the Spurs shredded us with their motion.  Tony Parker at the point of attack caused serious disruption.  You take that away and you take out the Spurs.  As I said, I am not worried about teams that attack through point guard and forwards any more.  With that, the current bigs are sufficient.  KG, Bass, Sullinger and Wilcox.

I only worry about offense.  What happens when Pierce has an off day?  We need AB, Green and the lot to continue making improvements on the offensive end and we need Terry to start playing well from the top.

If the Clippers don't make it to the finals, then the Celts need not plan for them.  But they are the best team right now.  They play great defense and create transition opportunities.  Plus, they are bigger.

BTW, I can't believe that I am talking about the finals.  It does not feel real.  But I can't ignore the team that I have seen in the last three games.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]

Don't worry about the Clips because they have no Finals experience. Worry about the Spurs. 

Really think we can beat the Spurs with KG, Bass, and Wilcox?

We already saw, twice, how a Spurs vs. Celtics game would look like.

And again, when was the last time a team DEAD LAST in rebounding won an NBA title?

[/QUOTE]

Fierce, the Spurs shredded us with their motion.  Tony Parker at the point of attack caused serious disruption.  You take that away and you take out the Spurs.  As I said, I am not worried about teams that attack through point guard and forwards any more.  With that, the current bigs are sufficient.  KG, Bass, Sullinger and Wilcox.

I only worry about offense.  What happens when Pierce has an off day?  We need AB, Green and the lot to continue making improvements on the offensive end and we need Terry to start playing well from the top.

If the Clippers don't make it to the finals, then the Celts need not plan for them.  But they are the best team right now.  They play great defense and create transition opportunities.  Plus, they are bigger.

BTW, I can't believe that I am talking about the finals.  It does not feel real.  But I can't ignore the team that I have seen in the last three games.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

[QUOTE]

Unlike the Bulls of MJ in the 1990s, this Heat team can't rebound and has no big man who can score inside, block shots, and get offensive rebounds.

This Heat team is vulnerable.

The Celts just need to add another big man. If not then another scorer like Rudy Gay.

Remember guys, it was KG, Pierce, Pietrus, Ray, and Rondo in Game 7 of that ECF last season. Bradley is already in place of Ray, so we need that other big or scorer to take Pietrus' place.

[/QUOTE]

If no big than I would prefer Milsap over Gay(for Bass); he's an obvious upgrade and is mentally tougher as well. Utah had decent returns when he played the 3 but for some reason wasn't utilized long enough by the coach to see if the experiment was a keeper(would Doc make the same decision if he came here?) 4 days...