Hickson--Ripe

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Hickson--Ripe

He was ripe for plucking and somebody dropped the ball. Imagine KG with 2 willing pupils (Johnson & Hickson) to bleed keltic green..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Hickson--Ripe

Who would you have traded for him?  Bradley?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,
    IMO, Hickson is Varejao type just more athletic. On the flip side AV has much higher BBIQ, knows how to spell defense and can get under anybody's skin. In other words, let's keep JJH where he is.

AK

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In Response to Re: Hickson--Ripe:
    [QUOTE]Who would you have traded for him?  Bradley?
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

S&T seed

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hickson--Ripe : S&T seed
    Posted by tomobo[/QUOTE]

Who is seed?

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hickson--Ripe : The would if you did a sign and trade or threw someone else in.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Prove it!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Seed is BB (Bad seed of shaq). I would have sent green as well

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

NO WAY is Hickson worth Baby and Green... and to all you idiots crying for a BBD sign and trade NOW... the LOCKOUT currently (and previously) prevented that.

We only just OFFERED Green his 1 year contract, he has yet to go through the restricted free agent process... where he can attempt to get offers from others AFTER THE LOCKOUT.

In short we had NOTHING but Avery and a future 1st to offer for Hickson. Which is WAY less value than Hickson. Wake up fools.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Hickson is just not that good don't bother. Anderson Varejao is another story.  A couple of other tweaks in the roster and the Celtics would be in play next year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hickson--Ripe : Are you even reading these posts? The Cavs sign Hickson. We trade Green for Hickson. That's it.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Hickson is currently under contract, there was no need for the Cavs to sign him to a contract. You're wrong if you thought Hickson was a free agent.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kycleptic. Show kycleptic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hickson--Ripe : It doesn't matter. The Cavs could have signed him to a new contract to make the numbers match and traded him for Green.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

It matters Kirky! The NBA does not allow what you're saying. You can't discard a player's existing contract and replace it with a new one just so you can trade the player.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]NO WAY is Hickson worth Baby and Green... and to all you idiots crying for a BBD sign and trade NOW... the LOCKOUT currently (and previously) prevented that. We only just OFFERED Green his 1 year contract, he has yet to go through the restricted free agent process... where he can attempt to get offers from others AFTER THE LOCKOUT. In short we had NOTHING but Avery and a future 1st to offer for Hickson. Which is WAY less value than Hickson. Wake up fools.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Amen, brother.  You and I are on the same page here. They can't just sign Hickson to a new deal.  I agree 100% with everything you've said, except for calling fellow Celtics fans idiots!!.....:)

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hickson--Ripe : It doesn't matter. The Cavs could have signed him to a new contract to make the numbers match and traded him for Green.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

restricted free agents are not signing new contracts to be involved in sign and trade deals before the CBA is decided.... duh.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hickson--Ripe : Amen, brother.  You and I are on the same page here. They can't just sign Hickson to a new deal.  I agree 100% with everything you've said, except for calling fellow Celtics fans idiots!!.....:)
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Haha, my bad, it was a loooong day and night for me yesterday

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hickson--Ripe : Are you even reading these posts? The Cavs sign Hickson. We trade Green for Hickson. That's it.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Kirk, I am listening.... to people being 100% WRONG.

Hickson is under contract at 2.3 million next season. So they cannot 'sign hickson and trade him' end of story.

They could have thrown in another player sure... like Boobie Gibson, to make the cash work... but really... you are being pretty condescending about a basically lateral Green for Hickson move.

Yes Pierce is more likely to have SF staying power than KG at PF, so it is better to have the PF than the SF if youa re going to be getting a 12-7 from Hickson in 24-26 mins next year over a 15-5 from Green.

Green, despite being older, has more upside and chance of being a 20ppg all-star SF when the big 3 are gone than Hickson does of being an 18-10 AS PF in my opinion and likely those of most NBA experts.

But really... whatever.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hickson--Ripe : No, I am not wrong. They can change a contract if the player is getting more. Or they could tear up the contract like the Clippers did to move Sam Cassell to the Celtics. But thanks for playing...
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

So, Jeff Green would agree to tear up his offer of 5.9 million, take a 2.3 mill one year deal so he could be traded for JJ Hickson??

Think about that!  Cassell had to agree to that, didn't he?  And he was 38 yrs old!