High Praise Directly from Kevin McHale on KO......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

High Praise Directly from Kevin McHale on KO......

If you paid attention to the Orlando Summer League games you'll know Kevin was there watching the Rockets all week long and as a result got a solid look at our new kid, KO......pretty impressive words from a HOFer on the rook:

http://bostonherald.com/sports/celtics_nba/boston_celtics/2013/07/kevin_mchale_big_fan_of_kelly_olynyk_s_game

And a bit more about what KO did this week in Orlando as presented by Jay King from Masslive.com:

The Kinger Award for Most Valuable Player goes too…Kelly Olynyk. Who else? With the exception of Andre Drummond, Boston’s first-round draft pick had a better week in Orlando than anyone else. He averaged 18.0 points and 7.8 rebounds on 57.8 percent shooting, showed the makings of a nice 3-point stroke, made the first team All-Orlando Pro Summer League, earned the praise of anyone who watched (including but not at all limited to  Kevin McHale), and inspired a bundle of (probably ill-advised) Dirk Nowitzki comparisons, including one from teammate Shavlik Randolph.

This award was pretty much wrapped up on the first day. By Day 2, Rookie of the Year Damian Lillard had tweeted that he liked Olynyk’s game. On Day 3, Courtney Lee and Jeff Green gushed about their new, long-haired teammate, and the rave reviews didn’t stop there.

After such a nice week in Orlando, I still don’t know exactly how Olynyk will fare in the NBA. But I’m excited to find out.

Honorable mention: Nobody was even close

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: High Praise Directly from Kevin McHale on KO......

I didn't see the last game, but I took a quick look at the stats. KO put in 12 points and 7 rebounds ... and I'm thinking, thats decent.

I just realized, he only played 15 minutes. Thats pure domination.

Really excited. Really hope we get to see Rondo, Bradley, Green, KO, Sully lineups, with some Fab thrown in there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Re: High Praise Directly from Kevin McHale on KO......

In response to R9R's comment:

I didn't see the last game, but I took a quick look at the stats. KO put in 12 points and 7 rebounds ... and I'm thinking, thats decent.

I just realized, he only played 15 minutes. Thats pure domination.

Really excited. Really hope we get to see Rondo, Bradley, Green, KO, Sully lineups, with some Fab thrown in there.

I just added his performace numbers above. At least we can agree on this much!