Home Court Advantage

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Home Court Advantage

In Response to Re: Home Court Advantage:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Home Court Advantage : Petey, I  have to disagree with you.  The facts are these:  last years champs were 11-1 at home during the playoffs, 5-6 on the road.  I don't think there is a conspiracy, but since the 70's, the Home Team has won in the playoffs 70% of the time in this league.  That is something that cannot be ignored.  I'll go a step further:  IF the Celtics had to play a Game 7 in Cleveland or Orlando we would have lost!!  That is just the way it goes in the NBA.  We ARE better this year, so let's prove it.  In 2009, we lost a Game 7 at home.  We ran out of gas without our leader (not making excuses, just stating what happened).  That will not happen this year, we are better and deeper.  ORL or MIA will NOT win a Game 7 in BOS, nor will the lakers.  I really think all these games count and we need to win as many as possible to ENsure HCA!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Hedley, those stats are a little warped and Ill tell you why.

The higher seeded team (aka the better team) plays more games at home than the lower seeded team. Therefore, the home team has a better winning % because the favored teams have played more home games than the underdog teams since the 70's

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

[QUOTE]Duke, your fellow C's fans are wisely urging you in essence not to count your chickens before they're hatched. The Lakers are still the team to beat - that's just the way it is regardless of their ups and downs - it comes with the territory.   
    Posted by EliasB[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

[QUOTE]Duke, your fellow C's fans are wisely urging you in essence not to count your chickens before they're hatched. The Lakers are still the team to beat - that's just the way it is regardless of their ups and downs - it comes with the territory.   
    Posted by EliasB[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

OK buddy...we'll see.....Happy New Year my friend!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Home Court Advantage : Hedley, those stats are a little warped and Ill tell you why. The higher seeded team (aka the better team) plays more games at home than the lower seeded team. Therefore, the home team has a better winning % because the favored teams have played more home games than the underdog teams since the 70's
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Which is precisely why Home Court Advantage is so important!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I am on the record over and over as saying the Celtics need homecourt badly. We can win w/o it, but it will be VERY hard.

I am scared of a game 7 in miami and forever will be until we raise #18... This is mostly based on the obvious officiating bias we saw against us in last years finals

the league cannot let LeBron smash into players with a running start and call a defensive foul on someone with a slightly moving foot after a terrible wipeout.. they cannot let him clear defenders out with his forearm as I also mentioned here before