Honestly, why is Ray covering Kobe?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn313. Show rpn313's posts

Honestly, why is Ray covering Kobe?

Because Kobe just has his way with him and the pressure of covering Kobe tires Ray out.  Pierce should be covering Kobe...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Re: Honestly, why is Ray covering Kobe?

Kobe was the game braker - respect given, the best in the game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Honestly, why is Ray covering Kobe?:

[QUOTE]Because Kobe just has his way with him and the pressure of covering Kobe tires Ray out.  Pierce should be covering Kobe...

Posted by rpn313[/QUOTE]

-

Wrong!  So wrong it's just pathetic.

Ray does as good a job as any one on the C's could do covering one of the best scorers who ever played the game.

Paul can't cover Kobe any better than Ray and let's give Doc credit, he knows what he's doing better than most, except for the guys here who think they know better, why, I haven't got a clue from what I've read here.

Too many dumb, negative comments in the wake of a tough, hard fought loss with a depleted team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn313. Show rpn313's posts

In Response to Re: Honestly, why is Ray covering Kobe?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Honestly, why is Ray covering Kobe? : - Wrong!  So wrong it's just pathetic. Ray does as good a job as any one on the C's could do covering one of the best scorers who ever played the game. Paul can't cover Kobe any better than Ray and let's give Doc credit, he knows what he's doing better than most, except for the guys here who think they know better, why, I haven't got a clue from what I've read here. Too many dumb, negative comments in the wake of a tough, hard fought loss with a depleted team.
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

Yeah okay, Kobe goes for 41 last game and scores at will in the 4th Q and Ray does as good a job as any.  Did you watch the 4th Q or did you tune out?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Honestly, why is Ray covering Kobe?:

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Honestly, why is Ray covering Kobe? : Yeah okay, Kobe goes for 41 last game and scores at will in the 4th Q and Ray does as good a job as any.  Did you watch the 4th Q or did you tune out?

Posted by rpn313[/QUOTE]

-

I watched the same game everyone else did.  I guess I just interpret what I see better.

BTW, what team do you coach?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Did you watch Kobe's shooting percentage in that game in LA?  Did you watch the playoffs last year when Ray played Kobe?   Rajon's post is correct.  Ray plays Kobe fine.  Kobe's a great player and he's going to get a lot of points (and some truly superstar calls!).  Ray does as well as anyone.  Maybe on critical plays for a height advantage, Paul can play Kobe but in general, only Ray can run around with him.   Also, if Paul played Kobe, Ray would have to play Artest.  You think they have a rebound advantage now?  Just make that switch and see what happens.

Celts just lost because they missed good shots.  We shot something like 30% in that last quarter.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Ray cover Kobe as well as anybody. Ray got his fourth foul on a bailout call for Kobe. If he had not gotten his fourth Ray could have covered him more closely and that could have thrown the game our way. The Lakers won a game as Rondowski said from a severely depleted team with two big men missing and no margin of error due to this fact.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

In Response to Honestly, why is Ray covering Kobe?:
    [QUOTE]Because Kobe just has his way with him and the pressure of covering Kobe tires Ray out.  Pierce should be covering Kobe...
    Posted by rpn313[/QUOTE]

Guess you missed the game last month.... no one can guard Kobe the problem was more of Gasol 20-10 vs KG 10-11... that and all the injuries

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The Celtics had Marquis Daniels the last time the Celtics beat the Lakers.