HOPE I'M WRONG BUT I SEE DELONTE AS THE LAKERS STARTING PG!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

HOPE I'M WRONG BUT I SEE DELONTE AS THE LAKERS STARTING PG!

with the heavy emphasis on the lakes needing a new PG and not enough money to get top guys available or enough chips to trade for one, west seems like a perfect choice esp with his relationship with mike brown in cleveland. as far as i know, he hasnt been creeping around kobe's mom so things should be fine there esp if he leaves gasol's girl alone as well. lakes need a guy who can play defense and distribute and hit the open jumpshot. west is a check on all those fronts. fisher can come off the bench for 10-15 minutes per game to back him up. lakes can offer about the same amount as the celts but without a rondo situation. perhaps west will not go the route of tony allen or posey but ultimately being able to start for a top contender may be too much to resist.

hey, west and artest, what can go wrong there? perhaps his advisors can convince him about the calming influence on his condin staying with the celts!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

Re: HOPE I'M WRONG BUT I SEE DELONTE AS THE LAKERS STARTING PG!

In Response to HOPE I'M WRONG BUT I SEE DELONTE AS THE LAKERS STARTING PG!:
    Dont see why alot of people like D west....Hes always injured...an average defender...and really inconsistent as a scorer......Get wgat you can for him..and enjoy him from afar.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

D-West as a "starting" PG is a farce.  Good luck to him and the Lakers if that's the case.  He is nothing more than an off the bench 2nd stringer...  and a gangstah to boot. 

You can have him LA.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Could be , he is the best point guard we have and if mental and physical health improves is a a very good all around point that has a shot that is respected.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Delonte has a better rapport with Doc.........he has never played better than as a member of the Celtics.  AND, I really think they are thinking of starting him anyway, and have Ray come off the bench!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

I have no basis in fact for saying this, but I think Delonte will stay in Boston. When he had nowhere to go, Doc took him in and showed faith in him. Even when he was hurt, Doc continued to believe in him. So I think that relationship gives Boston the edge.

But that's just my guess. We will see...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

[QUOTE]with the heavy emphasis on the lakes needing a new PG and not enough money to get top guys available or enough chips to trade for one, west seems like a perfect choice esp with his relationship with mike brown in cleveland. as far as i know, he hasnt been creeping around kobe's mom so things should be fine there esp if he leaves gasol's girl alone as well. lakes need a guy who can play defense and distribute and hit the open jumpshot. west is a check on all those fronts. fisher can come off the bench for 10-15 minutes per game to back him up. lakes can offer about the same amount as the celts but without a rondo situation. perhaps west will not go the route of tony allen or posey but ultimately being able to start for a top contender may be too much to resist. hey, west and artest, what can go wrong there? perhaps his advisors can convince him about the calming influence on his condin staying with the celts!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Hi,
    I don't think so. LAL can offer him the same as Celtics moneywise. The only advantage is the starting position. On the other hand, as others noted, his relationship with Doc counts for a lot.
    I think he'll stay in Boston unless somebody else offers him much better money and years.

AK

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]with the heavy emphasis on the lakes needing a new PG and not enough money to get top guys available or enough chips to trade for one, west seems like a perfect choice esp with his relationship with mike brown in cleveland. as far as i know, he hasnt been creeping around kobe's mom so things should be fine there esp if he leaves gasol's girl alone as well. lakes need a guy who can play defense and distribute and hit the open jumpshot. west is a check on all those fronts. fisher can come off the bench for 10-15 minutes per game to back him up. lakes can offer about the same amount as the celts but without a rondo situation. perhaps west will not go the route of tony allen or posey but ultimately being able to start for a top contender may be too much to resist. hey, west and artest, what can go wrong there? perhaps his advisors can convince him about the calming influence on his condin staying with the celts!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

If the Lakers and the former Cavalier Coach want him bad enough, OK, I'd deal...straight up for Gasol, Bynum or Odom ! Then we'd see how badly they really want him!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Fakers needs of a PG and having a former coach=Delonte going to the Fakers is a bit of a stretch.  Im getting close to hitting the IGNORE button!!!!!!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I''m one who likes Delonte's game. I hope Danny resigns him. He plays 2 positions, he can score, pass and play D. That's a good player to have on a roster.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: HOPE I'M WRONG BUT I SEE DELONTE AS THE LAKERS STARTING PG!:
    [QUOTE]I''m one who likes Delonte's game. I hope Danny resigns him. He plays 2 positions, he can score, pass and play D. That's a good player to have on a roster.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]but if we can get kirk henrich and josh smith for ray, y not? danny has a few card sto play.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to HOPE I'M WRONG BUT I SEE DELONTE AS THE LAKERS STARTING PG! : If the Lakers and the former Cavalier Coach want him bad enough, OK, I'd deal...straight up for Gasol, Bynum or Odom ! Then we'd see how badly they really want him!!!
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]

LOL.  Can we throw in Kobe as well?  Wait but salaries will be a problem.  I will crunch some numbers and get back on this.

I think that the Lakers have to show some compassion for Mike Brown.  Artest and Bynum's challenge to his status are big enough problems for him to deal with right now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

After dating LJ's mom....the Cs gave him a chance when no one else did. He's loyal to Doc.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Delonte is not even on the Lakers radar.  They want a big name point guard.  Delonte loves the Celtics remember the Association.  If Doc doesn't want him however he is gone and I still believe he would not be a Laker.  Where do you come up with this stuff CC?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I don't see Delonte having a clear-cut edge over Fisher, who's shooting is also better albeit also streaky but who's established on that team and healthier even at an older age

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to HOPE I'M WRONG BUT I SEE DELONTE AS THE LAKERS STARTING PG! : Dont see why alot of people like D west....Hes always injured...an average defender...and really inconsistent as a scorer......Get wgat you can for him..and enjoy him from afar.....
    Posted by fishers5[/QUOTE]

!!!!!!!