hopefully people are starting to see what rajon rondo REALLY means to the Celtics team.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

hopefully people are starting to see what rajon rondo REALLY means to the Celtics team.

watching this magic game, the commentators finally said what ive been thinking and what the rondo bashers have been disputing. there is a distinct difference between rondo and robinson being in the starting lineup..and its not a good one.  

everyone decided that robinson, the shooter was better bc he could "do everything rondo could do plus shoot" look at this teams offense right now. thats all i gotta say.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: hopefully people are starting to see what rajon rondo REALLY means to the Celtics team.

In Response to hopefully people are starting to see what rajon rondo REALLY means to the Celtics team.:
    [QUOTE]watching this magic game, the commentators finally said what ive been thinking and what the rondo bashers have been disputing. there is a distinct difference between rondo and robinson being in the starting lineup..and its not a good one.   everyone decided that robinson, the shooter was better bc he could "do everything rondo could do plus shoot" look at this teams offense right now. thats all i gotta say.
    Posted by Jamez+Hill[/QUOTE]

Rondo is one of the most important players on this Celtics team.  It is very surprising that the Celtics are still winning games without Rondo.  The only area where Rondo is deficient is his free-throwing.  He still needs to improve this area. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Re: hopefully people are starting to see what rajon rondo REALLY means to the Celtics team.

Robinson is NOT a point guard!!!!  he struggles trying to run the sets and forces Pierce to carry the load.  Hopefully Rondo and DWest get back soon to shore up the leaky dam at the guard positions.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Not much of a SG today either (although he did finally make a three).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

Nate has certainly been exposed the last few games.  As almost everyone knows the team is much better with Rondo starting and Nate coming in off the bench...you know like he has his entire career.  7 and 4 in 42 minutes?  Wow.

I love Nate off the bench but I anyone that has watched the last two games and says the Celtics are better with Nate instead of Rondo?  HA.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Robinson was terrible today

This was the exact post i wanted to start

Everybody should know by now that DUDDER and Puddin are garbage on this forum in all aspects of positive Celtics conversation.

But more people were being tricked into thinking good little shoot-1st guards like Nate could do for this team what our all-star Rajon Rondo could do.

They are WRONG

Please come back soon Rajon... you are the best player on this team

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Lets not get too down on nate.  The refs allowed him to be beaten literally senseless by dwight at the top of the key.  On that jameer three, he set a legal pick up top but then turned down and hammered him again from the other angle.  Dwight could have easilly fouled out on his high picks v robinson alone.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: hopefully people are starting to see what rajon rondo REALLY means to the Celtics team.:
    [QUOTE]Lets not get too down on nate.  The refs allowed him to be beaten literally senseless by dwight at the top of the key.  On that jameer three, he set a legal pick up top but then turned down and hammered him again from the other angle.  Dwight could have easilly fouled out on his high picks v robinson alone.
    Posted by cole-ely[/QUOTE]

Dwight, (elbows), does receive preferential treatment.  I wouldn't expect it to change.  All of the elite NBA players are favored by the officials. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

The celtics streak without Rondo was just a fluke!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Rondo in 36 mins gives us 12 points 14 assists 5 rebounds and 2 steals. His mid-range game and FT's need to be worked on of course but that is but a small flaw in a PG somewhere between 3rd and 6th best in the game.

Nate is perfect for 12 mins off the bench with that tall PG DWest type who can defend 2's and handle the ball.

these 2-12 garbage games like today got masked (or were more likely 6-14 games) when you play at home or vs inferior opposition, but we can see today that they will RUIN this club when they need a big game

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

robinson should never start @ point, he's a band aid for now.  delonte snapped a twig and can't play. 

the intriguing possibility of supplanting rondo's brickery at point with delonte at the 1 and robinson at the 2 still remains untapped potential for a crucial bench and spot duty crunch time unit that could represent full functionality PG, rest for ray with no let down in shooting range/ability.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Cole-ely, I agree, those pics by Dwight at the top of the key were all moving and knocked poor Nate off line lot didn't they?   If Perk or Baby set even stationary pics that hard, its an automatic foul.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

What is the purpose of this thread?  What does the Celtics loss to the Magic have to do with people starting to see what Rondo REALLY means to the Celtics?

Jamez, Nate wasn't the only Celtic player who stunk it up yesterday so let's not place blame on him as our 3rd string PG (to Rondo and Delonte).  Pierce did not make a FG in the 2nd half.  Due to foul trouble, we got NOTHING out of the center position.  And Ray could not hit a shot either so let's not suggest that NOW (after a loss to Orlando) everyone should see what Rondo means to the team.

I am quite sure that everyone on this board knows Rondo's value to this team.  As valuable as he is to this team, I still want him to improve his shot.  But that is neither here nor there as it relates to losing one game after winning 14 straight.  Nate's not the reason why the Celtics lost.

Rondo was always a valuable piece to the Celtics success even during our 14 game winning streak.  One loss doesn't magnify things.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

You have a good point Petey. Robinson has done a good job at backup point guard this season. Most of us know that he's not a true point guard and for the most part a perimeter scorer. He was off today, but so was Ray and Shaq.
        Rondo is one of the best point guards in the NBA and we shouldn't be comparing Nate to Rondo as it isn't a fair comparison.
        The C's and Nate have played well without Rondo thus far except for yesterday and I'm happy with that. Rondo will be back soon and this subject will be history.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Petey62 is right we all know Rondo is the key. His point about not getting any production from the C position while Howard scores 1 FG was the biggest difference. We went cold at 77 points and I was saying to myself one basket, one stop and then one more basket will end this game and it never came.

That game reminded me of game 7. Opponents best player is cold as ice, not production from our C spot, we go cold in the last few minutes.

Time to start another streak!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

Well, offensively I'd say Rondo is superior at driving to the basket and finishing when compared to Nate Robinson.  His field goal percentage is over 50% and he averages more than 10 points per game.  Shaq can't shoot free throws either and everyone just raves of Shaq even as a shell of his former ability.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

wonder who does rondo's tailoring.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

In Response to Re: hopefully people are starting to see what rajon rondo REALLY means to the Celtics team.:
    [QUOTE]wonder who does rondo's tailoring.
    Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]

I have been a Rondo basher because I've made mention of his need to improve his shot.

I'm at it again, call me a Rondo basher.  What in the world was that dude wearing yesterday?  Was that a beige tuxedo?  I love Rondo but he has got to stick to the fine tailored dark suits as he looked like a clown yesterday.

I know a little bit about fashion and THAT was NOT fashion.  Too funny.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I don't know anything about fashion, but I think Rondo's suit looked cool.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

[QUOTE]wonder who does rondo's tailoring.
    Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]

uhh..yah.  Looked like a 70's senior prom tux with a Goodfellas fat knot necktie.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

first off, i posted this DURING the game yesterday, while they were up quite a bit actually. im not placing blame on nate robinson for the loss yesterday, nor am i only posting this BC we lost. im simply saying that the offense of the Celtics REALLY lacks without the presence of Rondo. how many times did u see ray allen come off a screen and receive a succesful pass for a open 3? how many times did paul pierce receive a transition 3 pointer? how many times did you see a kg or Shag lob for a dunk or layup? the only thing that nate runs succesfully is the pick by kg where he gets an open js. And to be clear, i love nate robinson, and think hes perfect in the backup spot. so theres no bashing going on, im just seeing a real weakness in our offense when Rondo isnt with us.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

[QUOTE]robinson should never start @ point, he's a band aid for now.  delonte snapped a twig and can't play.  the intriguing possibility of supplanting rondo's brickery at point with delonte at the 1 and robinson at the 2 still remains untapped potential for a crucial bench and spot duty crunch time unit that could represent full functionality PG, rest for ray with no let down in shooting range/ability.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Oh so now it is on to Delonte ....your fantasy about Nate having been totally exposed as just that ...a fantasy. I would think you would run for cover on the subject of point guards for a while.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from KillaCam2010. Show KillaCam2010's posts

Is anyone disputing that the C's are better off with rondo instead of nate. Im not really seeing an argument just people reinforcing a well known fact

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

The Nate vs Rondo argument is valid.... in that while DWest is out & Rondo wasnt hurt... sometimes it makes sense to have Nate out there in the final few minutes of a close game.

Why?  Cause in 1/2 court sets, when defenses dig in late in close games... Rondo is sometimes a liability, both as a hjump shooter and from the FT line.  Defenses sag off Rondo and roam to dbl team our other guys. Plus Rondo refuses to drive to score in these spots.. hes scared imo to go to the line when the game hangs in the balance.  He hasnt had a FT attempt since Dec 1.

Nothing wrong with people speculating having a good shooter on the court opens up our offense and keeps defenses honest... and also removes the hack-a-Rondo strategy. I dont think its such a bad idea and would like to see it from time to time... even more so with DWest but I doubt Doc will ever do it.

and NO, I dont think Nate should be starting over Rondo

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

[QUOTE]The Nate vs Rondo argument is valid.... in that while DWest is out & Rondo wasnt hurt... sometimes it makes sense to have Nate out there in the final few minutes of a close game. Why?  Cause in 1/2 court sets, when defenses dig in late in close games... Rondo is sometimes a liability, both as a hjump shooter and from the FT line.  Defenses sag off Rondo and roam to dbl team our other guys. Plus Rondo refuses to drive to score in these spots.. hes scared imo to go to the line when the game hangs in the balance.  He hasnt had a FT attempt since Dec 1. Nothing wrong with people speculating having a good shooter on the court opens up our offense and keeps defenses honest... and also removes the hack-a-Rondo strategy. I dont think its such a bad idea and would like to see it from time to time... even more so with DWest but I doubt Doc will ever do it. and NO, I dont think Nate should be starting over Rondo
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

As far as I can tell in the few games Nate has had significant minutes at the end of games the opposing team is sagging off him just like they do Rondo. Seems he has to hit a couple before they pay attention to him. And he hasn't been doing that.

There will never ever be a time when having Nate on the floor INSTEAD of Rondo will be an improvement. When the defense sags off Rondo it opens up his passing skills. And Rondo, as much as people want to criticize his defense, can really go get the ball when the game is close. I trust him to make big plays at the end of close games even if they won't be jump shots. More like lobs to KG. As Heinsohn said during the game recently...when they sag off Rondo it opens up more passing lanes than if they play him tight. It is just as hard to make the lob pass as it is to shoot the jump shot when the defense is tight.

The Hack Rondo idea not that big a deal. If they want to leave him open to push the ball up court I have confidence he will get rid of it to Paul or Ray before they can foul him.