Houston Rockets May Make Offer for Rajon Rondo!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Houston Rockets May Make Offer for Rajon Rondo!

Interesting - not certain who the Rockets would attempt to package! 

Now that Dwight Howard has committed to Houston (probably, you never know with Dwight...), they may be in the market to find him an elite point guard.  From NBA analyst Brett Poirier: Sources: If the Rockets can unload enough cap room, they're likely to make an offer for Rajon Rondo. — Brett Poirier NBA (@BrettNBA) July 6, 2013 Rondo is in the $12 million per year category, not totally unrealistic. The only problem, and it's a big one, is getting Boston to trade him — Brett Poirier NBA (@BrettNBA) July 6, 2013 Personally, I don't see Houston having enough to offer. But there's no harm in trying. — Brett Poirier NBA (@BrettNBA) July 6, 2013 As Poirier says, the Rockets probably don't have too much they can offer that the Celtics will be interested in.  But if they mention draft picks, the way things are going I'm sure Danny Ainge will listen. Follow Mark on twitter @LucidSportsFan

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

Re: Houston Rockets May Make Offer for Rajon Rondo!

Rondo for Harden, straight up.  Ha Ha Ha!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to hops29's comment:

Houston does have 1st round draft picks in 2014 & 2016! Please no Lin or Asik!

It would almost have to be a three team deal! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

Honestly though it's not like they have nothing to offer.  Parsons, Beverly, and Terrance Jones are nice young players.  Parsons would be the top target obviously, I highly doubt Houston let's him go however.  Especially now after he put so much effort into recruiting Duh-white.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Honestly though it's not like they have nothing to offer.  Parsons, Beverly, and Terrance Jones are nice young players.  Parsons would be the top target obviously, I highly doubt Houston let's him go however.  Especially now after he put so much effort into recruiting Duh-white.

why are you even offering input on players who could help if you see no cause in the Celtics?? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Gooooood, I hope they do !!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Better get a heck of a free throw coach for when Dwight and Rondo are on the floor at the end of games.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to futbal's comment:

Better get a heck of a free throw coach for when Dwight and Rondo are on the floor at the end of games.

Nice.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:

[QUOTE]

why are you even offering input on players who could help if you see no cause in the Celtics?? 

[/QUOTE]

Whaaa?  Why are you even offering input on my posts when I have no idea who you are or what the heck you are even talking about?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

I wouldn't rule out any trade regarding Kevin and Danny.

If you die in an elevator, be sure to push the UP button

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

There are about 29 teams interested in trading for Rondo.

Here are some facts about Rondo,he has been in 4 All Star Games more than anyone else in his draft class, he has a ring as a starter and is only 26, he's been on the NBA all D first team twice and second team twice,he's been on the All NBA 3rd team, has led the league in assists twice and the league in steals. Furthermore he hold these Celtic all time records,most assists in a season,most steals in a season,most assists in playoff game and most assists per game in a season. The only people who would trade Rondo off their team are some seriously jaundiced Rondo haters on this board and "contraversial" media nimrods. He is also for the money the best value of any top tier player in the league. So please get a grip people this whole Rondos not going to be on the team because he is most definately getting traded BS.

If we trade Rondo it would be for a few good players and picks or a mega super trade. It's like mass hysteria all this "we have to trade Rondo" speculation. WHy? is my question.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

The only possibilities are either Asik for Rondo straight up or a 3 team deal

Asik to 3rd team

Rondo to Rockets

Celtics - ??

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

Here are some facts about Rondo,he has been in 4 All Star Games more than anyone else in his draft class, he has a ring as a starter and is only 26, he's been on the NBA all D first team twice and second team twice,he's been on the All NBA 3rd team, has led the league in assists twice and the league in steals. Furthermore he hold these Celtic all time records,most assists in a season,most steals in a season,most assists in playoff game and most assists per game in a season. The only people who would trade Rondo off their team are some seriously jaundiced Rondo haters on this board and "contraversial" media nimrods. He is also for the money the best value of any top tier player in the league. So please get a grip people this whole Rondos not going to be on the team because he is most definately getting traded BS.

If we trade Rondo it would be for a few good players and picks or a mega super trade. It's like mass hysteria all this "we have to trade Rondo" speculation. WHy? is my question.

Very confusing... you state:

" The only people who would trade Rondo off their team are some seriously jaundiced Rondo haters on this board and "contraversial" media nimrods."

Then propose a trade scenerio:

"If we trade Rondo it would be for a few good players and picks or a mega super trade."

I suppose by your own definition, you're either a seriously jaundiced Rondo hater and media nimrod...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias's comment:

The only possibilities are either Asik for Rondo straight up or a 3 team deal

Asik to 3rd team

Rondo to Rockets

Celtics - ??

I like Asik & T. Jones for Rondo

Players I would keep then:

C- Asik

C/PF- Olynyk

PF- Sullinger

F-  T. Jones

SF- Green

SG- Bradley

everyboidy else would be availible for a new PG and any other delas that make sense for a quicker rebuild.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Very confusing... you state:

" The only people who would trade Rondo off their team are some seriously jaundiced Rondo haters on this board and "contraversial" media nimrods."

Then propose a trade scenerio:

"If we trade Rondo it would be for a few good players and picks or a mega super trade."

I suppose by your own definition, you're either a seriously jaundiced Rondo hater and media nimrod...

Look I see you are just tying to bait me into some semantically based tiff but, if you had actually read the sentence, the first was If and not I would like to see,huge difference.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Here are some facts about Rondo,he has been in 4 All Star Games more than anyone else in his draft class, he has a ring as a starter and is only 26, he's been on the NBA all D first team twice and second team twice,he's been on the All NBA 3rd team, has led the league in assists twice and the league in steals. Furthermore he hold these Celtic all time records,most assists in a season,most steals in a season,most assists in playoff game and most assists per game in a season.

You would think that with stats like this, teams would be willing to pony up more than just future draft picks for Mr. Mercurial. So far, two teams have indicated interest in Rondo... but not serious  interest.

Either chill out, amigo or join in the hysteria. DA is going to do what's in the best interest of the franchise.

BTW, for $29.99/month, you can subscribe to NBA League Pass on DIRECTV and never have to miss a moment of R9R in action, no matter whose uni he is wearing next season.

You never have to be without!

Pud

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Now that is a Rondo trade I'd do. Absolutely.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I will give you this Puddin, you are amazingly consistent on your opinions on Rondo. Every GM in the league is trying to snooker some other GM in any deal. As adamently as you are not a Rondo fan,do you really see any trade rumors involving Rondo actually being an overwhelming beneficial trade for us?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

If so many other teams in the NBA appears interested in RR, why is it that people here want him to go?  I understand the criticisms, but other teams are well aware of his personality and weaknesses, but they still want him? Why?  I would imagine it has something to do with basketball and winning.  Because of a couple of incidents is he really so toxic? Ray Allen always wanted the ball, and for his prior career, he got it.  Once he arrived in Boston, it was apparent that he'd have fewer touches but a chance to win, and both occurred.  But he still ached for the days of unlimited shots and being the go-to guy, and when the ball found its way to PP or KG or even Posey or House for that matter, it didn't sit right with him.  He left for the Heat to win another championship, not to get away from Rondo.  Ray Allen is an adult, and life decisions for adults are not usually about singular conflicts with a co-worker who is just one among many.  Doc didn't leave because of Rondo either.  He left to win (sooner) and not to coach losers, even for a couple of years - likely more.  He had enough years on his Boston contract to build a team but maybe not to see that team win a championship.  Where would he get satisfaction - seeing Melo catch a ball cleanly and be able to move his feet on defense?  Big whoop.

The other side of the coin is Rondo making the Celtics better again sooner than without him.  Making other players better is one thing a good PG is supposed to do, and the rest, scoring, rebounding, come second.  But yet, RR can be a scoring difference in just about any game he wants to be, and can rebound well for a PG.  Some make an assumption that his assists are stat-padding, but having a so-called "star" give up the ball that much is an anomoly in today's NBA.  Each year, his shooting has improved and will likely continue.  Compare his stats to Parker's and their first six years as starters are eerily similar except Rondo has many more assists.  Were he truly selfish, his shooting would take precedence over distribution; it doesn't, so he's not.

If he were traded, the Celtics' rebuild would be shockingly different - they have no other PG; none, not any.  They have no one to competently bring the ball up.  The team would not just be tanking, it would also be sending up flags of defeat before each and every game.  With a team like that, no one would really want to play for the Celtics, even its current players. Everyone would be demoralized and, even if the Celtics were lucky in the draft, they'd have no one but draft picks playing for a coulple of years each; any player with an expiring contract would get out as fast as possible. Rondo changes that scenario unless the Celtics can acquire a top five PG.  Right.  Keep him, build faster, and win is probably what Ainge is thinking.  Rondo is not a savior, but he is a difference-maker, and the Celtics' timetable for a return to championship caliber is predicated on that difference.  

"They don't put Ws and Ls on the paychecks" - Sidney Wicks

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

I will give you this Puddin, you are amazingly consistent on your opinions on Rondo. Every GM in the league is trying to snooker some other GM in any deal. As adamently as you are not a Rondo fan,do you really see any trade rumors involving Rondo actually being an overwhelming beneficial trade for us?

Addition by subtraction is what it boils down to... unfortunately.

DA has dug himself into an awful, increasingly deep hole with Rondo. The sooner he climbs out, the better for the franchise,  and the better for Rondo, who may mature and  flourish at his next stop.

Its a matter of cutting our loses and moving beyond the Rondo era to something with a brighter future in it for the franchise.

If DA can flip him for draft picks, and it is not certain at this point that he can..... go for it.

I certainly don't see Rondo in green beyond his current contract anyway, at any price.

In divorce court, the relationship would be described as "irreconcilably broken."

So DA... hold your nose, swallow your pride, finesse him a bit but  deal Rondo for whatever you can get.... hope that Rondo passes the physical and reports.... and don't look back.

Pud

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

[QUOTE]

GREAT POST!!!

Y anyone would want to get rid of our only superstar is beyond me. Superstars win championships, when you get one you should try to ADD another one not get rid fo them.  I think thats what da is looking to do. He did it with our last superstar PP, he didnt trade him he added. This is even more true when your a team like the celtics who cant really add superstars thru  free agency. The cs only chance to get star players is thru the draft (pp and rondo) or thru trades (kg and ray).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Gman101019,

Thank you very much. One more voice of reason: increase your wealth by addition, not subtraction. Unfortunately, it looks like for many on BDC it's quite a novel concept.

AK

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Addition by subtraction is what it boils down to... unfortunately.

DA has dug himself into an awful, increasingly deep hole with Rondo. The sooner he climbs out, the better for the franchise,  and the better for Rondo, who may mature and  flourish at his next stop.

Its a matter of cutting our loses and moving beyond the Rondo era to something with a brighter future in it for the franchise.

If DA can flip him for draft picks, and it is not certain at this point that he can..... go for it.

I certainly don't see Rondo in green beyond his current contract anyway, at any price.

In divorce court, the relationship would be described as "irreconcilably broken."

So DA... hold your nose, swallow your pride, finesse him a bit but  deal Rondo for whatever you can get.... hope that Rondo passes the physical and reports.... and don't look back.

Pud

If you think he is so bad you should root to keep him for the tanking.