How about starting Green at the four?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: How about starting Green at the four?

kg is the current 4 so he goes to take a nap on the bench?

i'd like to make starting five changes but honestly you're looking at a doc rivers who won't address any problems that are screaming at him with his starting PG.  to think that he might actually fine tune the other talent on the team is probably just wistful / wishful thinking.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

In Response to Re: How about starting Green at the four?:
    [QUOTE]kg is the current 4 so he goes to take a nap on the bench? i'd like to make starting five changes but honestly you're looking at a doc rivers who won't address any problems that are screaming at him with his starting PG.  to think that he might actually fine tune the other talent on the team is probably just wistful / wishful thinking.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

I think he's recommending we move KG to the 5 with that lineup... But I agree with you that any changes in the starting lineup - other than subs for injured players - is purely hypothetical at this point.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Well, if youre going to tinker with the starting unit.... the first place you start with is PG.. thats been the teams weakest link.

However, I do like the idea of Green at the 4 and it seems to breathe a little life into Rondo too when Green is running the break against some big lug 4 from the other team.

Thing is, its so late in the season and making KG defend the 5 in the hole may take away from our defense too much

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Green starting or not starting he needs more minutes.  Let him log 35 to 40 he is a gazelle out there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Green starting or not starting he needs more minutes.  Let him log 35 to 40 he is a gazelle out there.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Agree that he should be playing more minutes. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

K.G is going to play the 4 period with the starting line up. He often plays the 5 toward the end of games, but with Shaq coming back anytime, I expect some changes. Krystic has been playing very well, so I'm not dogging him at all. He'll be great as a backup center.
        I would like to see Green playing more as other posters have said. The big 3 need to play fewer minutes it's they are obviously tired. It's a long season and it's taking it's toll on them. Get them some rest before the playoffs. I'm not suggesting that the C's throw games, just play the big 3 fewer minutes.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from b126962. Show b126962's posts

Doc won't do it, right now Davis is still higher in the pecking order off the bench and KG can't defend true centers, nor can Green defend low post playing 4's (though admitedly, there are less and less of these every year).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from HIBBARD*. Show HIBBARD*'s posts

[QUOTE]Doc won't do it, right now Davis is still higher in the pecking order off the bench and KG can't defend true centers, nor can Green defend low post playing 4's (though admitedly, there are less and less of these every year).
    Posted by b126962[/QUOTE]

I think they should stay with the same five as of right now until shaq get back an i agree doc should let green get more min and rest kg a paul and save more for the playoff. But the celtic will be fine come to playoffs who scared of the bulls or heat come on guys

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Green was brought in to give Ray and Pierce rest. I say start him at the 3 position and move Pierce to the 2, or use him at the 2. Right now the Celtics need to make some tweaks to their team. They need to start the game strong, not sluggish and play from behind as they have been doing lately.

13. This post has been removed.