How Can Jermaine O'Neal Be Hurt This Bad After So Little Basketball In A Celtics Uniform...?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

How Can Jermaine O'Neal Be Hurt This Bad After So Little Basketball In A Celtics Uniform...?

Shades of Vin Baker...

Time to package JO and some more salary for a big time player who can help us THIS YEAR !

What say you ?

How can Jermaine be hurt as bad as this after so little basketball in a Celtic uniform ?

If he was this fragile , should he have even be signed ?

And Brad Miller was considered too costly ?

I'm afraid JO goes into the Danny Fortson, Raef Lafreanz, Vin Baker, Theo Ratlif column....

Would one year of Andris Beidrens be so bad ?

Let's ship JO to San Fran Psycho and land a solid big man

Discuss...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pliu. Show pliu's posts

Re: How Can Jermaine O'Neal Be Hurt This Bad After So Little Basketball In A Celtics Uniform...?

How can JO be hurt so bad after so little time in a Celtic uniform?

Maybe a lot of time spent in the uniforms of other teams has something to do with it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: How Can Jermaine O'Neal Be Hurt This Bad After So Little Basketball In A Celtics Uniform...?

In Response to Re: How Can Jermaine O'Neal Be Hurt This Bad After So Little Basketball In A Celtics Uniform...?:
    [QUOTE]How can JO be hurt so bad after so little time in a Celtic uniform? Maybe a lot of time spent in the uniforms of other teams has something to do with it.
    Posted by pliu[/QUOTE]

True.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

In Response to How Can Jermaine O'Neal Be Hurt This Bad After So Little Basketball In A Celtics Uniform...?:
    [QUOTE]Shades of Vin Baker... Time to package JO and some more salary for a big time player who can help us THIS YEAR ! What say you ? How can Jermaine be hurt as bad as this after so little basketball in a Celtic uniform ? If he was this fragile , should he have even be signed ? And Brad Miller was considered too costly ? I'm afraid JO goes into the Danny Fortson, Raef Lafreanz, Vin Baker, Theo Ratlif column.... Would one year of Andris Beidrens be so bad ? Let's ship JO to San Fran Psycho and land a solid big man Discuss...
    Posted by PHX85014[/QUOTE]
    You may be right cause he is turning into a Bum and we had plenty of those don't forget Eric Montross, Acie Earl, Gerald Green, Vrankovich, Olowakandi ETC

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Vin Baker's issues weren't due to injury. Alcoholism got the best of him after about 7 or 8 terrific seasons.
       Since Vin was mentioned I thought I would open up that old topic. When Ainge gave him a second chance after his problems with liquor, I was really pulling for him. Ainge was a smart man and set his firm limits with Vin. Vin started out playing really well with the C's but after a month or so he fell off the wagon and everything went down hill from there. It's an unfortunate story of Vin Baker. I hope he's sober now and living a productive life.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I forgot all about Eric Montros and the Candy Man
    The horror THAT was !

And let's not forget Travis Knight...

My point was, I'm afraid JO is gonna end up on the long list of Celtic big men who turned out to be stiffs....(while in a Celtics uniform). My point was, the Celtics need 20 minutes from SOMEBODY and they need it THIS SEASON...

PS: yeah, I hope Vin Baker is sober today too , and I hope he's thrown away that useless "Big Book"  and picked up something better to read like Jack Trimpey's "Rational Recovery" , Stanton Peele's "The Diseasing Of America" and Dr. Jefffrey Schaler's "Addiction Is A Choice" ...and I hope somebody has told him about Naltrexone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V7lTFzdSn0&feature=related

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stupideeediot. Show Stupideeediot's posts

Don't know why Montross would be considered a bum ? If you average him out ot 36 minutes he's close to a double double. 

His rookie year was more than adequate and if you tried to make an argument that his second year was a decline you'd look kinda foolish..... his per 36 minutes numbers for his second year are almost IDENTICAL to his rookie year except for free throw %.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

StupidEEEdiot: stick to the cartoons pal , Montross WAS a stiff. Who are you kidding ? He was awful, a horrible draft pick. If you average ANY PF or C to 36 minutes they better be getting you "close to a double double" !

More importantly, they had better be part of the "win" , and Montross didn't help the Celtics win a single game. He was just there for a while and his numbers, and "projected" numbers never meant s**t ~!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

realistically, i don't think we can expect to trade jerlame o'neal.

it is a DIFFERENT Year this year with the lock out looming.  nobody is looking to take on salary out for ONE SECOND past this year right now because of the proposed 1/3 cut to the salary cap and the additional proposed making of the salary cap FIRM so that teams can not violate it in exchange for a tax.

i think we are stuck with jerlame this year.  if he stinks like he has so far, look for him to be bought out and disappear in the off season.

it's a real shame we couldn't have traded sheed's contract but we signed him one year too long, and now the same thing with jerlame o'neal- one year too long at way too much money for a three legged horse.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

Thanks PHX for the support   Also  Theo Ratliff was a good player when he played for the Sixers but when we got him he was turning into a BUM but now th Fakers have him and same results so far

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

To early in the season to worry about a b/u Center/PF. Besides all of which he is only holding Shaq's spot for him as once Perkins returns they are both gonna get a breather,they were brought in to destroy the Lakers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

acimvp,

i agree in that no body will want jermaine o'neal at this point.

i do think that he will get to help the celtics at some point this year if he can healthy enough to do so.  he has been a much better player than all many of the guys who have been mentioned as celtics flops in the past.

ainge certainly knew that this guy had injury problems and that he likely would not be available all year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to How Can Jermaine O'Neal Be Hurt This Bad After So Little Basketball In A Celtics Uniform...?:
    [QUOTE]Shades of Vin Baker... Time to package JO and some more salary for a big time player who can help us THIS YEAR ! What say you ? How can Jermaine be hurt as bad as this after so little basketball in a Celtic uniform ? If he was this fragile , should he have even be signed ? And Brad Miller was considered too costly ? I'm afraid JO goes into the Danny Fortson, Raef Lafreanz, Vin Baker, Theo Ratlif column.... Would one year of Andris Beidrens be so bad ? Let's ship JO to San Fran Psycho and land a solid big man Discuss...
    Posted by PHX85014[/QUOTE]

I remember how you guys were PRAISING Danny Ainge for picking JON up. You all said this just "strengthens" your bench.

My how quickly they turn.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

its the beginning of the season, who cares if he is hurt, let him heal for later on. we don't need him now. it would help but.....