HOW COULD PIERCE + ALLEN DO THIS TO US...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: HOW COULD PIERCE + ALLEN DO THIS TO US...

In Response to Re: HOW COULD PIERCE + ALLEN DO THIS TO US...:
    [QUOTE]KY, of course Ray cared.  he REALLY cared and wanted it.  This isn't complicated.  Sometimes you miss a few shots...that's all.  I'm proud of both Ray and Paul.   By the way, for those wondering.....Ray has a slightly higher 3 point shooting percentage than Reggie and got to the record in 3 less years than Reggie, I believe.  So, I don't know how people cannot say Ray is the greatest 3 point shooter of all time.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

You are correct. Ray is the greatest 3-point shooter of all-time. 

The only aspect of the game that Reggie Miller is better than Ray Allen is getting to the foul line. Miller is a master at drawing fouls and getting to the FT line in crunch time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetruth007. Show lovetruth007's posts

Durant did poorly in the 3-pt contest but he made a few monster shoots in the all star game. This contest is so meaningless.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Speaking of meaningless the whole show is meaningless.  I don't care if Paul or Ray did not win the three point contest or dunk contest or the silly all star game all we care about is winning games and then the playoff games that lead to a championship.  We all know how little any of that meant don't we?

Kobe was the star of stars in the game that meant nothing. Doc kept our guys out of the game and has them all on Pacific time so Tuesday we hit the ground running.  And I believe they will.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HOW COULD PIERCE + ALLEN DO THIS TO US... : You are correct. Ray is the greatest 3-point shooter of all-time.  The only aspect of the game that Reggie Miller is better than Ray Allen is getting to the foul line. Miller is a master at drawing fouls and getting to the FT line in crunch time.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]but ray is more athletic and is better at gliding his way to the hoop.. too quick to foul! overall, ray will likely be a first ballot HOF'r not be snubbed his first time like mr. miller.. he has a ring and there will be a revolt if he were to be as discarded by the voters as reggie!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

and again.. with the all-star game, ray and pp let me down! i was thinking the celts would dominate once they came in the game and would be there to close things out with lebron in the last 4 minutes with kevin playing center. what the heck happened? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HOW COULD PIERCE + ALLEN DO THIS TO US... : but ray is more athletic and is better at gliding his way to the hoop.. too quick to foul! overall, ray will likely be a first ballot HOF'r not be snubbed his first time like mr. miller.. he has a ring and there will be a revolt if he were to be as discarded by the voters as reggie!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

That's why I said the only aspect of the game Miller is better at is getting to the foul line. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]and again.. with the all-star game, ray and pp let me down! i was thinking the celts would dominate once they came in the game and would be there to close things out with lebron in the last 4 minutes with kevin playing center. what the heck happened? 

They win as a team and lose as a team. It was a bad idea, Pierce challenging Ray was not a good idea. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HOW COULD PIERCE + ALLEN DO THIS TO US... : They win as a team and lose as a team. It was a bad idea, Pierce challenging Ray was not a good idea. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]u mean ray challenging PAUL! pp was the campion, of couse he was automatically going! STill that does not impact the team concept.. if it does, that team thing is a mirage.. more slippery if a slam dunk contest with subjectivity and popularity dynamics coming into to play!

as for all-star game, love how doc played it.. all 4 celts only played 56 minutes.. wade, bosh and james played over 75 minutes... with wade hurting his chronically strianed right ankle... wouldnt shock me if heat struggles out of the all-star gate as celts get on a roll...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HOW COULD PIERCE + ALLEN DO THIS TO US... : u mean ray challenging PAUL! pp was the campion, of couse he was automatically going! STill that does not impact the team concept.. if it does, that team thing is a mirage.. more slippery if a slam dunk contest with subjectivity and popularity dynamics coming into to play! as for all-star game, love how doc played it.. all 4 celts only played 56 minutes.. wade, bosh and james played over 75 minutes... with wade hurting his chronically strianed right ankle... wouldnt shock me if heat struggles out of the all-star gate as celts get on a roll...

It was Pierce who twitted the NBA about giving Ray an invite to the 3-point shootout.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Durant did poorly in the 3-pt contest but he made a few monster shoots in the all star game. This contest is so meaningless.
    Posted by lovetruth007[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  This contest is about 40% skill and 60% luck.   Anyone who is a decent three point shooter can end up winning this contest.