How did they do that?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Re: How did they do that?

In Response to Re: How did they do that?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How did they do that? : do you see people gloating about those two players? no!.....and bradley should be fine, joking about a heart issue is about as low as it gets, but i wouldnt expect anything more from a lakers fanboy such as yourself.....fact is, nash is going to get torched....he is a good shooter and passer, but at this point in his career, his offense doesnt make up for his horrid defense and his back is a liability as well...you better hope dwight and pau have career years this year because your defensive backcourt is about as bad as it gets.
    Posted by BostonPride34[/QUOTE]

Boston is priviledged to have the worst shooting backcourt in the NBA.
    Congrats Danny!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How did they do that? : They must have been real happy with that win. They came back fat and lethargic. LA won the title the next two years. Boston has won nada since then with 4 future hall of famers. They have seriously under-achieved. They lack heart, motivation and talent.
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]

And from Flobus McNugget:
    "I think Celtic fans put far more weight on that loss than Laker fans do, for obvious reasons. But I'm pretty sure it counted as one loss, and I suspect most Laker fans feel the 2010 title remedied any residual pain. "

We won in 2008 in 6 games by the largest margin in NBA playoff history...unquestionable dominance !!!

We have under-achieved, lack heart, talent,  motivation and Laker victory in 2010 erased residual pain from loss in 2008...HA !!!

Our team without its Center shot 40% to LA's 32% and your guy who walks on water shot 6 for 24 or 25%---he'd a been a goat instead of a hero had Lakers lost but our "lack of heart" team truly could not come back from a 41-18 foul shot discrepancy and having a lead going into the 4th qtr, we couldn't overcome the egregious gift of 21 fouls awarded LA in the 4th, more than our 18 for the whole game. And yet we lost by 4 pts and if you Lakers fans don't say "whew !!!", we were lucky to have won that game, then you are not true unbiased basketball fans !

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How did they do that? : And from Flobus McNugget: "I think Celtic fans put far more weight on that loss than Laker fans do, for obvious reasons. But I'm pretty sure it counted as one loss, and I suspect most Laker fans feel the 2010 title remedied any residual pain. " We won in 2008 in 6 games by the largest margin in NBA playoff history...unquestionable dominance !!! We have under-achieved, lack heart, talent,  motivation and Laker victory in 2010 erased residual pain from loss in 2008...HA !!! Our team without its Center shot 40% to LA's 32% and your guy who walks on water shot 6 for 24 or 25%---he'd a been a goat instead of a hero had Lakers lost but our "lack of heart" team truly could not come back from a 41-18 foul shot discrepancy and having a lead going into the 4th qtr, we couldn't overcome the egregious gift of 21 fouls awarded LA in the 4th, more than our 18 for the whole game. And yet we lost by 4 pts and if you Lakers fans don't say "whew !!!", we were lucky to have won that game, then you are not true unbiased basketball fans !
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]

When Boston needed toughness and rebounds KG hid like a scared kitten.
    KG: 3 rebounds
    Kobe: 15 rebounds

Someone should tell Boston's players that when you foul players, fouls will be called on you...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How did they do that? : rondo and bradley can both score....and they both play very good defense....something nash and kobe know nothing about.

Bradley and Rhondo are terrible shooters.
    Teams don't even have to guard them when they are away from the basket.

Rhondo's fg % outside of lay up is probably 20-25%.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How did they do that? : thats funny because i remember him shooting pretty well in the ECF's including a 44 point performance in game two....you dont score that many points if you cant shoot!

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day...
    Ask Fierce is Rondo is a good shooter.
    F34 called me the Bricklayer, Clunker and Mental Midget.

Rondo is the worst shooting point guard in the NBA!!!!!!
    BAR NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HA HA HA HA HA HA A

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How did they do that? : The difference is when the Celtics entered the 2010 playoffs, the Celtics had a complete starting 5. The Lakers entered the playoffs in 2008 without Bynum. Meaning the Lakers were intact from the start of the playoffs until the Finals.  
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    Really, Fierce. Talk about splitting hairs. Does it really matter when the injuries occurred? Both teams were at less than full strength. It happens. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How did they do that? : And from Flobus McNugget: "I think Celtic fans put far more weight on that loss than Laker fans do, for obvious reasons. But I'm pretty sure it counted as one loss, and I suspect most Laker fans feel the 2010 title remedied any residual pain. " We won in 2008 in 6 games by the largest margin in NBA playoff history...unquestionable dominance !!! We have under-achieved, lack heart, talent,  motivation and Laker victory in 2010 erased residual pain from loss in 2008...HA !!! Our team without its Center shot 40% to LA's 32% and your guy who walks on water shot 6 for 24 or 25%---he'd a been a goat instead of a hero had Lakers lost but our "lack of heart" team truly could not come back from a 41-18 foul shot discrepancy and having a lead going into the 4th qtr, we couldn't overcome the egregious gift of 21 fouls awarded LA in the 4th, more than our 18 for the whole game. And yet we lost by 4 pts and if you Lakers fans don't say "whew !!!", we were lucky to have won that game, then you are not true unbiased basketball fans !
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]
    This "what if" talk is ridiculous, but if you insist I'll entertain you. Take Bynum's regular season stats (I won't even bother with Ariza) and add them to the Lakers totals in the 08 series and there isn't even a game 7. The first six games of the series were very close and to theoretically suggest he wouldn't have made a difference (even as a young player) is ludicrous.

That said, congrats on 08. The Celtics earned it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

I think you all sound a little stupid talking about years past.  It's all about this year and I for one am not worried about the Lakers at this point.  One, we only play you twice until the Playoffs.  Two, you need a bench in the playoffs.  The Celtics were one game away from going to the NBA Finals.  The very same Celtic's team with very little in their bench and then the Heat steam roled OKC.

Looking ahead, say what you want but the Celtic's improved a team that was one game away.  They found the center that was missing and he was on their roster all along.  KG proved he can play the position with almost 20-10 numbers throughout the playoffs.  Though they tried to resign him, Ray Allen leaving was a blessing.  It will keep Bradley in the starting rotation, which means great team defense and his shot got better and better throughout the season.  You say Rondo can't shoot but this kid is getting better and is a triple double machine.  You better hope his shot doesn't get any better.  Terry and Lee off the bench is just instant offense in the back court (that we didn't have last year off the bench and both are in the top ten 3 pt. shooting %).  Pierce, yes one year older but still solid and played the majority of the post season with a sprained knee.  A healthy Pierce is a healthy offense and he has a solid back up in Green.  Green is also an upgrade from last years backup Pietrus.  All signs show Green feels better than he has in years and he can run with Rondo and Bradley.  Bass backed up by Sully may be our weak spot and it's not weak.  Bass is offense and Sully can help on the boards.  Wilcox backing up Garnett will work nicely.  Wilcox showed he could run with Rondo and chew up some minutes with quality play.  Then you have Melo as your project and he could be a surprise.

I like this team.  They can score and will be one of the best defensive teams in the league.  They are also one of the deepest teams in the league.

Now your for your Lakers.  Kobe is also a year older and had his moments in the Olympics but also looked terrible at times.  He isn't the Kobe of years past and if he doesn't realize this, it won't matter who your point guard is, he won't be effective.  The two guys you picked up both have back problems.  Nash will play through it but he is a guy that needs the ball in his hands to make plays.  Will Kobe give the ball up.  Howard is the best center in the game but like every big man has his flaws.  You talk about Rondo having a bad shot.  Howards is worse and his free throws are horrific also and he has a bad back that he won't come back from until one or two months into the season.  Men his size with bad backs tend to have problems time and time again.  That said, you have a formidable three if they stay healthy.  IF!  You have a power forward who is a solid basketball player but a lunatic!  He's one step away from being pushed out of this league and that isn't comforting with the bench you have.  Gasol is solid and under rated.  It is a solid starting 5, as good as any.  If they stay healthy watch out.  The biggest flaw to this team is its bench.  You don't have one and with the starters age, you have to have a bench.  If any starters get hurt you leave huge holes.  Mitch needs to do something about this.  You have a very talented starting five but it is like it's made out of glass and could shatter at any moment.

I like our Celtics chances and am looking forward to this season.  Time can only tell.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]I think you all sound a little stupid talking about years past.  It's all about this year and I for one am not worried about the Lakers at this point.  One, we only play you twice until the Playoffs.  Two, you need a bench in the playoffs.  The Celtics were one game away from going to the NBA Finals.  The very same Celtic's team with very little in their bench and then the Heat steam roled OKC. Looking ahead, say what you want but the Celtic's improved a team that was one game away.  They found the center that was missing and he was on their roster all along.  KG proved he can play the position with almost 20-10 numbers throughout the playoffs.  Though they tried to resign him, Ray Allen leaving was a blessing.  It will keep Bradley in the starting rotation, which means great team defense and his shot got better and better throughout the season.  You say Rondo can't shoot but this kid is getting better and is a triple double machine.  You better hope his shot doesn't get any better.  Terry and Lee off the bench is just instant offense in the back court (that we didn't have last year off the bench and both are in the top ten 3 pt. shooting %).  Pierce, yes one year older but still solid and played the majority of the post season with a sprained knee.  A healthy Pierce is a healthy offense and he has a solid back up in Green.  Green is also an upgrade from last years backup Pietrus.  All signs show Green feels better than he has in years and he can run with Rondo and Bradley.  Bass backed up by Sully may be our weak spot and it's not weak.  Bass is offense and Sully can help on the boards.  Wilcox backing up Garnett will work nicely.  Wilcox showed he could run with Rondo and chew up some minutes with quality play.  Then you have Melo as your project and he could be a surprise. I like this team.  They can score and will be one of the best defensive teams in the league.  They are also one of the deepest teams in the league. Now your for your Lakers.  Kobe is also a year older and had his moments in the Olympics but also looked terrible at times.  He isn't the Kobe of years past and if he doesn't realize this, it won't matter who your point guard is, he won't be effective.  The two guys you picked up both have back problems.  Nash will play through it but he is a guy that needs the ball in his hands to make plays.  Will Kobe give the ball up.  Howard is the best center in the game but like every big man has his flaws.  You talk about Rondo having a bad shot.  Howards is worse and his free throws are horrific also and he has a bad back that he won't come back from until one or two months into the season.  Men his size with bad backs tend to have problems time and time again.  That said, you have a formidable three if they stay healthy.  IF!  You have a power forward who is a solid basketball player but a lunatic!  He's one step away from being pushed out of this league and that isn't comforting with the bench you have.  Gasol is solid and under rated.  It is a solid starting 5, as good as any.  If they stay healthy watch out.  The biggest flaw to this team is its bench.  You don't have one and with the starters age, you have to have a bench.  If any starters get hurt you leave huge holes.  Mitch needs to do something about this.  You have a very talented starting five but it is like it's made out of glass and could shatter at any moment. I like our Celtics chances and am looking forward to this season.  Time can only tell.
    Posted by red2004sox[/QUOTE]

Excellent analysis. I agree that Gasol is underated. He is as dangerous as KG 5-15 ft out and can put in more points in the paint because defenders needed concentrate on Bynum & now the same with Howard. You are correct that what is "iffy" is their lack of a solid bench and Nash & Howard staying healthy. I too like our chances & look forward to the Celtics & the Pats because I've been a suffering Sox fan this season going back to last Sept !!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

One thing about Boston Sports, the off seasons can be as exciting.  Not this year for the Sox but I like you cannot wait until Football, Basketball and Hockey.  Best sports town in the country bar none and everyone else are haters because they know it also.  No city comes close to the number of titles we've won since 2000 and we've done it in all 4 major sports.  We have a good shot every year in every sport.  Always look forward to the coming year instead of looking back and living in the past.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nutter44. Show nutter44's posts

[QUOTE]Are you glad I'm back Fierce? I can't wait until Red/Medley/Hedley returns. I have destroyed him so many times, his hide must still hurt.
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]
    Well, I'm about to destory you. Your analysis of basketball is weak and childish. Top 5 MVP? I'd rather have a defensive MVP and a title, like KG gave us in 2008. This Laker team that you are on a Celtic site trolling about (which only makes you the annoying little brother), has a lot to prove. An ancient, injury plagued PG at a speed position? Not ideal. A shotblocker, whom you claim will block every shot Westbrook takes (LOL) with, wait for it....a bad back!?! Ron "My emotions are churning" Artest? Now that Stern is on the lookout for him, he'll be on a short leash. Me thinks you should stop talking trash, son. I'll take Boston and our 17 banners (Nine won against your "team") over LA and their tainted 12 anytime. Next!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rman0909. Show rman0909's posts

[QUOTE].you are also putting alot of trust on Mental Ward Patient to contribute....Posted by BostonPride34[/QUOTE]

Good one! though I would change it to Mental Ward Pr*ck! 

I hate that guy, I hate Kobe (no respect for that rapist), Hate Pau, and I hate Dwart Foulward!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How did they do that? : We played the weak Atlanta Hawks and the weak 76ers in the first 2 rounds.  The only reason my Celtics made it to the ECF was because of 1 injury to a guy named Derrick Rose. That is our only hope again this year. Ugh!!
    Posted by GoGREEN![/QUOTE]

You know, you can't pick the teams you play in the postseason but you can't say weak when it comes to Atlanta and Phili.  Atlanta played solid all year and had the better seed than the Celtics.  Phili played as good or better than any team coming into the playoffs.  Chicago, well injuries happen.  It's part of the game.  The Celtics had their fare share.  That's why I like to look forward not back.  Bottom line the Celtics played the NBA champions better than any, including OKC and they have dramatically improved many facets of this team.  Again, I like our chances.  A team that took the champs to game 7 and bettered that team in the offseason has to be pleased going into a season.  The Celtics improved this team with their move and your ignorant and don't have average basketball IQ if you don't see that.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How did they do that? : You know, you can't pick the teams you play in the postseason but you can't say weak when it comes to Atlanta and Phili.  Atlanta played solid all year and had the better seed than the Celtics.  Phili played as good or better than any team coming into the playoffs.  Chicago, well injuries happen.  It's part of the game.  The Celtics had their fare share.  That's why I like to look forward not back.  Bottom line the Celtics played the NBA champions better than any, including OKC and they have dramatically improved many facets of this team.  Again, I like our chances.  A team that took the champs to game 7 and bettered that team in the offseason has to be pleased going into a season.  The Celtics improved this team with their move and your ignorant and don't have average basketball IQ if you don't see that.
    Posted by red2004sox[/QUOTE]

But didn't Philly and Atlanta have players that were imjured also?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhol. Show jhol's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How did they do that? : Bingo! That's proof that TommyRolls and Mark from Ct are one and the same. When TommyRolls, Mark trolls! HAHAHA

and my post gets deleted for calling him a tool

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman2. Show antiqueman2's posts

[QUOTE] Got to give the Lakers credit, Howard is a top 3 player and the super star they need to replace Kobe in the future!! 
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

I have to disagree. Howard can never replace Kobe. Howard is an average player at best, not a super star. He is not the future of the Lakers unless the refs give him the Lebron treatment.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from alchow00. Show alchow00's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How did they do that? : Dwight Howard is an average player? When I think of an average player I think of Avery Bradley, Caron Butler, Lou Williams, Michael Beasley, etc... Dwight is the 3rd best player in the NBA behind LeBron and Durant.
    Posted by TommyRules[/QUOTE]

His offensive skill is average at best.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

LA is excited cuz finally they made a move. They acquired Fisher's replacement in Nash (around same age) and a team cancer who has proven to be a unidimensional player. Cant shoot, cant move. He is rigid and to top it of, coming from an injury. I remember Big Baby Davis moving this guy out of the paint AT WILL... Howard = Overrated. LA = Going Nowhere.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]Nash can't even sit down properly and Laker fans expect him to run for 82 games, in 6 months, at 38-39 years old. Ugh!

Denial! You're in DENIAL!

Of all the posters on this board, I think it's going to be MOST painful to you watching the Lakers run through the season to their 17th, and record equaling title.

After you were so certain the Lakers had NO CHANCE at acquiring D-Howard. I wonder what Mitch Kupchak's next move will be?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

The lakers had a very good offseason. I dont care how old nash is, hes still a very good offensive player, Defensively thats another story. But by getting dhoward that will help negate nash's terrible defense by cleaning up when opposing guards drive by, dhoward will be their to block and alter many of those shots and drive attempts.  But keep in mind bynum did that too and at a very high level and lakers still got bounced in the 2nd round. ramon sessions/bynum to nash/howard, is a good upgrade, but not huge.  

As for the celtics not having any top 5 mvp candidates, kg's first year with the cs he was  third in mvp voting while also winning def player of the year that same year. Rondo was 8th in mvp voting this past year. So we have had and still have great players on this team. KG, PP, Rondo are still some of the top 2 way players in the league. 

The celtics have added tremendous depth to their team and it can be legitimately argued that we wouldve won the whole thing if we simply had bradley, and especially if we had jgreen and wilcox who we lost to freak heart ailments. Those 3 player would have been key contributors to a depleted celtics team who were 1 quarter away from beating a miami team that stomped okc.

Everyone always overlook these Celtics but no team can match their heart and grit. No one. The Celtics will be in the thick of things, that much is known.