How I See the Celtics Draft Going Down

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

How I See the Celtics Draft Going Down

Given consideration for other team needs, and likely players left on the board - if the Celtics use #16 to pick a:

Center - now the biggest team need, by far, especially with Garnett as a big ???... our pick is either Gobert or Dieng

If PF - Plumlee

If at this point the Celtics are not interested in Gobert, Dieng or Plumlee for whatever reason, they pick SF Shabazz

If Shabazz is off the board (likely picked by the Bucks at #15) then they draft either Crabbe or Franklin, bioth SGs.  

But at this point, I think Danny should trade down to late first round and add a second round pick because there is not much separation between another half dozen scorers,  With a trade down late first round pick - several of the following players and much needed scorers will be available: Crabbe, Franklin, Bullock, Canaan, Hardaway, and Rice.  PG Schrodoeder should also be available, but I see us selecting an outside shooter.

My first round pick even at #16 would be Antetokumpo, an athletic still growing 18 year old 6'10" PG (yes PG!!), SF or PF from Greece and if we had a second rounder, I pick Leido, a 6'6" SG from Providence. Both very high risk, very high reward.  I take the chance because none of the other picks after the first 11 are solid bets to make it.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Re: How I See the Celtics Draft Going Down

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Given consideration for other team needs, and likely players left on the board - if the Celtics use #16 to pick a:

Center - now the biggest team need, by far, especially with Garnett as a big ???... our pick is either Gobert or Dieng

If PF - Plumlee

If at this point the Celtics are not interested in Gobert, Dieng or Plumlee for whatever reason, they pick SF Shabazz

If Shabazz is off the board (likely picked by the Bucks at #15) then they draft either Crabbe or Franklin, bioth SGs.  

But at this point, I think Danny should trade down to late first round and add a second round pick because there is not much separation between another half dozen scorers,  With a trade down late first round pick - several of the following players and much needed scorers will be available: Crabbe, Franklin, Bullock, Canaan, Hardaway, and Rice.  PG Schrodoeder should also be available, but I see us selecting an outside shooter.

My first round pick even at #16 would be Antetokumpo, an athletic still growing 18 year old 6'10" PG (yes PG!!), SF or PF from Greece and if we had a second rounder, I pick Leido, a 6'6" SG from Providence. Both very high risk, very high reward.  I take the chance because none of the other picks after the first 11 are solid bets to make it.  

Im with you on Ledo...his upside is huge...any thoughts of taking that german dude should stop... maybe he is good but we need size

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from anguskahn. Show anguskahn's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

[QUOTE]

If PF - Plumlee

Im with you on Ledo...his upside is huge...any thoughts of taking that german dude should stop... maybe he is good but we need size

[/QUOTE]

Danny loves guards.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[/QUOTE]

You just wrote this on another thread;

"I'm proud of you Danny.  Let me count the ways...

Horrible over-paid multi-year and untradeable contract for Bass  (a bench player)

Horrible over-paid multi-year and untradeable contract for Terry  (a has-been liability)

Horrible over-paid multi-year and untradeaable contract for Lee  (an under-performer)

Both first round and second pick form 2011 draft a complete waste (as were first round picks in 2009 and 2008).  Keeping fingers crossed with 2012 Sully's health and 2010 Bradley's needed improvement.

Chased our starting center out of town before last season (Doc with contributory nergligence)

Speaking of centers... inability to land a decent starting center for the last two...going on three  years.

Allowed Ray Allen to walk  (contributory negligence from Rondo and his puppet Doc) 

Leaving an over-paid Garnett and Pierce to rot on a nonplayoff team in 2013?

Inability to complete much needed trades, acquire quality FA, or draft impact players  to rebuild the team in a reasonable time frame.

Maybe you can still work a deal and get LaFrentz, Szczerbiak or Dickdau back here!!!

Danny first round picks:  Johnson, Hudson, Giddens, Telfair/Ratfill via trade, Gerald the head-case, Troy Bell and Marcus Banks.  Every a blind squirral gets lucky Danny Boy!!!   Congrats on AJ at least (and maybe Sully and Bradley)."

You'd be the 1st idiot whining about Danny if he took your advice and came up snake eyes ... Jeesh!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Danny has failed on his rebuilding trade attempts... and he has a poor first round draft record with the exception of AJ in the last 10 years. (Again, the jury is still out for Sully and Bradley)

But Even a blind squirral finds a nut now and then.  

Instead of your worthless emotional flaming, which means nothing to me, try to contribute something of value. Do you have any thoughts about the draft?  Do you have any thoughts? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Danny has failed on his rebuilding trade attempts... and he has a poor first round draft record with the exception of AJ in the last 10 years. (Again, the jury is still out for Sully and Bradley)

But Even a blind squirral finds a nut now and then.  

Instead of your worthless emotional flaming, which means nothing to me, try to contribute something of value. Do you have any thoughts about the draft?  Do you have any thoughts? 

I contribute enough here without aiding your worthless cause ...  I'll stick with Danny while you play Debbie Eldunker Downer. You and Fungus deserve each other!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

You contribute nothing of interest to this board.  You're a follower, without any independent critical thinking.

This post was abouit the Celtics draft.  This was't a negative word or tone about Danny or the Celtics until you dragged your emotional baggage into it.   Try to stay on topic if your shallow brain can handle that.    

and if you don't have any meaningful thoughts about the Celtics draft, then just move on and troll a different thread.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

You contribute nothing of interest to this board.  You're a follower, without any independent critical thinking.

This post was abouit the Celtics draft.  This was't a negative word or tone about Danny or the Celtics until you dragged your emotional baggage into it.   Try to stay on topic if your shallow brain can handle that.    

and if you don't have any meaningful thoughts about the Celtics draft, then just move on and troll a different thread.

FO!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bahstunguy. Show bahstunguy's posts

Draft another useless, can't score combo guard Danny. Leave the gaping 5 hole alone. We don't need a rebounder or a rim protector. 

I don't ever recall a Celtics team that has made such a fool of themselves in front of the whole league like Danny and Doc have managed to do with this team.

The draft is one week away and we .....

1. Don't know if we even have a coach

2. Don't know the status of K.G.

3. Don't know the status of Paul Pierce.

4. Can't afford a semi-decent F.A. because of the horrible long term contracts that Danny

signed. No F.A. in his right mind would want to come to Boston anyway.

5. Have no idea on the status/health of Rondo.

6. Have no idea on the status/health of Sully.

7. The assistant coach is interviewing elsewhere.

8. The Ball Boy just quit too.

Thibs and Ray Allen are looking like geniuses.

The Fakers must be loving this brutal scenario.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

[QUOTE]

FO!!!

[/QUOTE]

HAHA.  Let this be a lesson to you.  I don't tolerate ignorance or trolls.  You want to pick a fight with me then be prepared to back up your position or STFU. 

BTW. Thanks for NOT commenting on the draft pick, the purpose of this post, until you came in like a troll.  You just would have looked even more stupid.      

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You questioned my integrity on the basis of what the liar Fungus34 posted some time ago w/o checking it out for yourself. You're the lemming and have been on my Sh*t list ever since ... I'll take you on whenever I feel like it loser. As I said before, you and Fungus deserve each other ... a couple of opinionated bullies with trap doors for brains.

FO!!!

[/QUOTE]

HAHA.  Let this be a lesson to you.  I don't tolerate ignorance or trolls.  You want to pick a fight with me then be prepared to back up your position or STFU. 

BTW. Thanks for NOT commenting on the draft pick, the purpose of this post, until you came in like a troll.  You just would have looked even more stupid.      

[/QUOTE]

13. This post has been removed.