How is this possible? Lebron and Melo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

How is this possible? Lebron and Melo

ESPN has an article that it could be possible the Lakers show interest in both in 2014 offseason.

Granted probably a pipe dream........but how are they able to have such a quick turnaround???

thought they were in a bind for the next few years?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Re: How is this possible? Lebron and Melo

I guess it could be possible if both just agreed to a low amount for the sake of winning and playing together.  I don't suppose Kobe will factor in still.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i would imagine that lebron, having won 2-3 championships before next summer, and already having taken a pay cut to play in miami, would be looking to cash in bigtime with a max deal. i doubt he's going to be willing to compromise at this point, and he shouldn't. kobe will have to take a significant cut. and melo would probably have to do so as well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

article said Kobe would have to take a cut ...something about Nash's salary being restructured somehow......

simply amazes me that we can't afford anybody ...but in a heartbeat..if all the dominos fall correctly...the aging Lakers can be instantly transformed. Once again...I don't think this will ever happen....just stunned at the possibility.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Endorsement money can be several times the NBA salary.  That is why LA/NY are big draws.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KennCelt53. Show KennCelt53's posts

If the NBA wants it to happen it will happen. It would be good for"business".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

ESPN has an article that it could be possible the Lakers show interest in both in 2014 offseason.

Granted probably a pipe dream........but how are they able to have such a quick turnaround???

If they don't extend Kobe and/or Gasol they will only have Nash on the roster for $9.7MM, Nick Young @ $1.2MM and Rob Sacre @ $.9MM .... They have only issued 1 year contracts to all their new free agent signees. So they can have $46MM+/- (now that Howard left) and then resign their own free agents with Bird Rts to go over the cap if they want.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

I don't think Lebron goes there either.  Melo probably will,  and I can envision Rondo not being far behind.

Both Kobe and Melo want to play with Rondo.  Rondo knows that he isn't getting anywhere with this Boston team.  Lakers dont care how much they pay, and as soon as Rondo is a free agent (whether that happens in Boston or not) the Lakers will be the first to call.

I don't think Melo, Kobe, Rondo works that well as a team but it is very forseeable that this can and may happen.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

If they don't extend Kobe and/or Gasol they will only have Nash on the roster for $9.7MM, Nick Young @ $1.2MM and Rob Sacre @ $.9MM .... They have only issued 1 year contracts to all their new free agent signees. So they can have $46MM+/- (now that Howard left) and then resign their own free agents with Bird Rts to go over the cap if they want.

yep...I have kept saying that the lakers have set themseilves up nicely for next off-season.

they are NOT concerned with "buidling through the draft"

they will have cap room to sign TWO max players if they choose AND then re-sign Kobe.

they should have little problems getting stars to want to play in LA.

they don't CARE about the tax, as they have almosy unlimited funds.

Boston is not in the same boat for sure.

but their re-build time will be SHORT indeed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to hops29's comment:

I don't think Lebron goes there either.  Melo probably will,  and I can envision Rondo not being far behind.

Both Kobe and Melo want to play with Rondo.  Rondo knows that he isn't getting anywhere with this Boston team.  Lakers dont care how much they pay, and as soon as Rondo is a free agent (whether that happens in Boston or not) the Lakers will be the first to call.

I don't think Melo, Kobe, Rondo works that well as a team but it is very forseeable that this can and may happen.

The Celtics will never let Rondo go to LA ... And if Rondo won't go to Miami I doubt he'd go to LA either. Danny would never let RR become a FA w/o getting something back in return ... PERIOD!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:

[QUOTE]

yep...I have kept saying that the lakers have set themseilves up nicely for next off-season.

they are NOT concerned with "buidling through the draft"

they will have cap room to sign TWO max players if they choose AND then re-sign Kobe.

they should have little problems getting stars to want to play in LA.

they don't CARE about the tax, as they have almosy unlimited funds.

Boston is not in the same boat for sure.

but their re-build time will be SHORT indeed.

[/QUOTE]

With the exception that what FA's now find the Lakers as an attractive option with Doc next door heading up a surging Clippers team and the Lakers with no young talent and only two aging vets to play alongside. Even for Carmelo, that can't be the road to a championship and he isn't getting any younger. He's best served staying put in NY and hoping that the Nets break down.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Big j. Show Big j's posts

it wouldnt work with kobe lebron and melo as melo and kobe are ball hogs 
    Boston Celtics, and Bruins fan till i die!

Anything is possible!!! -- kevin garnett

If we Go down we go down fighting --Brad marchard

one hundred thirty-four years ago yesterday, a bunch of rag-tag farmers stood up against the greatest fighting force in the world. And today school children in Massachusetts have Patriot's Day off because of that. Well, a bunch of modern-day Bostonians have turned back Hockey's royalty and they have sent their faithful on a redcoated retreat through the exits. It's 4-2 Bruins, --- Jack edwards

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

In response to hops29's comment:

The Celtics will never let Rondo go to LA ... And if Rondo won't go to Miami I doubt he'd go to LA either. Danny would never let RR become a FA w/o getting something back in return ... PERIOD!

Did Cleveland want Lebron to go to Miami?  Did the Nuggets want Melo to go to NY?  Did the Lakers want Howard to go to Houston?  If Rondo wants to go to LA then there is nothing DA can say about it. All he can do is try to work a sign and trade with whatever team Rondo decides.

If he tries to circumvent it by sign and trading him to say GS first, RR will just tell them he's not interested in being there and they'll back out.

Maybe Rondo doesn't want to go there, who knows.  But it's not impossible for it to happen.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

STOP GIVING FALSE INFORMATION!

If the Lakers don't renounce all their free-agents that means the Lakers will not have the cap space as the cap holds will total 75.18m.

The Lakers can sign both Lebron and Melo, but that means no Kobe and no Pau Gasol.

Once the Lakers go under the cap, they can't go over it!

That's why I keep telling you the NBA has a semi-hard cap.

First off, you forgot about Nick Young @ $1.2MM.

Secondly, having cap room vs cap hold are separate issues until you decide what free agents you want to keep of your own. If L A wants to retain Kobe along with Nash and sign two FA's it's doable or Kobe and Gasol but not the three of them (Kobe/Gasol/Nash).

Just like I suggested the C's should have renounced all the old players on their cap hold list and their FA's that didn't didn't want to retain a year ago, the same applies to the Lakers in 2014.

If they decide to let Gasol go and Kobe agrees to being renounced as well and resigning for the VM then they will have that entire $46MM to sign two max deals to go with Nash. With Nash gone in 2015 they will be able to go after another FA from a crop of Love, Rondo, Aldridge or Marc Gasol.

So yes, the cap hold can present a problem but they can work around that and free up $46MM for 2014 and then Kobe can reup in 2015 for a max deal. Unlike KG (who we agree should have taken much less) who gave up about half his max salary, Kobe would have to give up 90%+ and trust that the team would give him a max deal ($20MM with his Bird Rts that they would reaquire after 1 yr at VM) in 2015 ... he'd lose about $20MM over the two yrs (2014-2016) but he'd have an opportunity to win another ring or two.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfurybaglap. Show dfurybaglap's posts

I think if the Knicks crash and burn again this coming season, I think Melo goes to the Lakers. 

But I don't think Lebron will leave the Heat for the Lakers.

Careful there champ, remember the last predictions you made!

Trx Smly120

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

The NBA is such a joke.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

First off, you forgot about Nick Young @ $1.2MM.

Secondly, having cap room vs cap hold are separate issues until you decide what free agents you want to keep of your own. If L A wants to retain Kobe along with Nash and sign two FA's it's doable or Kobe and Gasol but not the three of them (Kobe/Gasol/Nash).

Just like I suggested the C's should have renounced all the old players on their cap hold list and their FA's that didn't didn't want to retain a year ago, the same applies to the Lakers in 2014.

If they decide to let Gasol go and Kobe agrees to being renounced as well and resigning for the VM then they will have that entire $46MM to sign two max deals to go with Nash. With Nash gone in 2015 they will be able to go after another FA from a crop of Love, Rondo, Aldridge or Marc Gasol.

So yes, the cap hold can present a problem but they can work around that and free up $46MM for 2014 and then Kobe can reup in 2015 for a max deal. Unlike KG (who we agree should have taken much less) who gave up about half his max salary, Kobe would have to give up 90%+ and trust that the team would give him a max deal ($20MM with his Bird Rts that they would reaquire after 1 yr at VM) in 2015 ... he'd lose about $20MM over the two yrs (2014-2016) but he'd have an opportunity to win another ring or two.

Nick Young only signed a 1 year vet's minimum deal.

And stop it with the excuses.

Last year Lame rame and I told you that you can't sign other free-agents first then re-sign your own free-agents to go over the cap.

I don't care what you think about the Lakers and what they will do in the future.

All I'm telling you is STOP GIVING FALSE INFORMATION!

[/QUOTE]

Your the one that should stop passing out false info and calling out other for it!

You are wrong on both of the above stmts ....

1) Nick Young has a two year contract (2nd yr player option)

Is it proof you want?  Read it and weap pal .... http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-nick-youngs-contract-with-lakers-is-for-two-years/2013/07/16/

2) You can sign other FA's and then sign your own FA's if you have the "cap hold space" to do so. This may require renouncing ancient players still on the cap hold list as well as some of your current players or FA's in order to do so but when starting with a roster of one and renouncing the rest save for maybe one player with bird rts to be added after signing other teams FA's works ... and if that one player like Kobe agrees to be renounced as well and takes the VM then it's easier. The only cap holds are for A) the player/s on your roster, B) those for rookie contracts, and C) the minimum cap hold for another 10 or so players needed to comprise a minimum roster.

25. This post has been removed.