How is Tony Allen doing?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: How is Tony Allen doing?

In Response to Re: How is Tony Allen doing?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How is Tony Allen doing? : As I remember Tony Allen's coach was a good friend of Docs. That and the glimces of his athletic ability probably kept him around.   While Tony had game at times I felt when at a autograph signing session he was rather aloof as if he was the team star.   Of course that wouldn't affect his play..or would it?
    Posted by heirplain[/QUOTE]

Maybe it has an effect after all. When he signed with Memphis he said in Boston he was being overshadowed by Pierce and Ray Allen. I think he really believes that he's a much better player than he actually is. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]There is a big difference between Tony Allen and James Posey concerning money.  Posey was given five years at $5.0MM and the Celtics were not ready to go over three for even $5.0MM.  The only difference in the Tony Allen deal was that he got a third year.  Tony thought that he was going to be able to possibly go to a small market team and start (i.e. OJ Mayo moving to point) and that is not the case.  This is a classic example of what Doc talks about in players knowing and accepting who they are.  In Tony's mind, he was on a trajectory to be the next Paul Pierce or Ray Allen before he his knee injury; he forgets that that was an 18 win team.  Tony is a defensive stopper and is erratic on offense and thus his minutes have to be pared back on a championship type team; and he does not get that. 
    Posted by ShepherdCall[/QUOTE]

I strongly disagree with this.  Posey was given FOUR yrs by NO.  The Celtics offered THREE.  For the same money.
    TA was offered TWO by the Celtics and THREE by Memphis.  For the same money.
    They both took the extra year, and Danny will be proven right about both of them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How is Tony Allen doing? : As I remember Tony Allen's coach was a good friend of Docs. That and the glimces of his athletic ability probably kept him around.   While Tony had game at times I felt when at a autograph signing session he was rather aloof as if he was the team star.   Of course that wouldn't affect his play..or would it?
    Posted by heirplain[/QUOTE]

did BILL RUSSELL sign autographs....did it affect / effect his play...

give TA a break...he played hard each & every night....

and made LESS MONEY THAN HONKY-TONK SCAL!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Not sure how he is doing, but i wish him the best. Don't think he'll do as well with his new team as he did here but.... money talks and the better contract made him walk. My favorite TA moment is when he made a steal from behind, in-between an opponents legs. I'll never forget that play, awesome. Kid could defend with the best of them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

As it turned out, Ainge did make the right decision with Posey. Posey is getting up there in years where as T.A is in his prime.
        I'll remember T.A most for his play in last years playoffs vs. Miami. Wade was tearing up Ray Allen. When T.A was in, Wade was shut down. Once T.A learned not to be a sucker for a pump fake, he turned into a stellar defender.
       Tony's downfall is his outside shot and dribbling. Two big weaknesses if you're a guard.
        Thus far Daniels is playing well. If his good play continues, the C's won't miss T.A for the most part. We'll have to see how Daniels defends premier guards like Wade. I doubt if he can guard them like T.A.