HOW MANY MORE PERFECT GAMES IS PIERCE GOING TO HAVE IN A ROW?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: HOW MANY MORE PERFECT GAMES IS PIERCE GOING TO HAVE IN A ROW?

Don't say that! kyceltic will not be able to sleep tonight.

HAHAHA!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

This should be fun!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: HOW MANY MORE PERFECT GAMES IS PIERCE GOING TO HAVE IN A ROW?:
    [QUOTE] This should be fun!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

Tell us, kyceltic, don't you think Paul Pierce has been playing really, really well the last 8 games?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

...part of the story.

The selfless play of the staring five allow the Celtics to have the best field goal percentage in the league, better than 50%.

All of the starting five pass the ball until someone has a great open shot.

Teamwork is a beautiful thing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Agreed CC. PP has been playing out of his mind ever since that lapse @ Detroit. If he doesn't make player of the week, I'd like to see who does. He's clearly the best player on the C's roster right now. With KG's Deffense a swift 2nd. The boys are looking good, with more players soon to come back. Can't wait to see Perk/Delonte back out there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: HOW MANY MORE PERFECT GAMES IS PIERCE GOING TO HAVE IN A ROW?:
    [QUOTE]Agreed CC. PP has been playing out of his mind ever since that lapse @ Detroit. If he doesn't make player of the week, I'd like to see who does. He's clearly the best player on the C's roster right now. With KG's Deffense a swift 2nd. The boys are looking good, with more players soon to come back. Can't wait to see Perk/Delonte back out there.
    Posted by DrBoogiebone[/QUOTE]

You must be talking about the loss and not PP's play.  He was the best player on the floor both games against Detroit.  check these stats out against Detroit.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Paul's been playing lights out the last eight game.  KG has been the old KG.  And Ray has be playing great since the All Star break in 2009.  They are the big three what is surprising about this.  Keep it up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

Teams, like Orlando Magics which said stopping Ray was their top priority, have been gearing up to stop Ray in several of the last games played now, which is leaving lanes and many wide open opportunities for other Celts.

I believe there is an indicator that states that if Ray scores 20, then the Celts always win.  I believe it's because of the reasons I stated above.

There is a pattern I believe is merging.  The pattern is that Pierce and Ray seems to take turns leading in scoring for 3-4 games at a time.  I think the reason for this is because once Pierce starts to score alot, then teams will start planning more to stop him, which then leaves Ray open to score alot, which then forces the next teams the Celtics play, to plan for Ray, which then leave Pierce opens to score alot. etc....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

Good post.  Always give credit to players who have good streaks.  All players.

Give them the bird, when they have a terrible streak, and play poorly.  All players.

That being the case, how come I didn't see PP getting the bird on his 5 game performance from Dec. 3  --  Dec. 11th?  He was terrible.  Awful!  Bad!.  Yet, I don't recal any negative comments.  Is he the "Teflon Man"?

He shot 37%  --  20 - 54 FG's.  --  0 -16 "3"'s  --  for "0%".

If someone posted the FACTS, they are a PP hater?  Maybe it isn't all handled very fairly for all players?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

first of, ray has to score to help us win and so yep.. if he's scoring 30 points it means things are opening up for everyone else. pp can beat u in so many ways, he's UNSTOPPABLE. i bet when paul gets 7 or more rebounds, we are undefeated. when he gets 5 or more assists, same thing. 2 or more block shots, 2 or less turnovers, got it? bet when paul scores over 20 points, we are almost undefeated too. give the man his due. love ray but pp is far better. same with KG. pp can play defense, not as great as kg but certainly is up there. but paul does things kg cant even dream of doing esp at the end of games, in the clutch, where games are actually decided. minus pp, our record would be the worse. things can take out ray at the end, kg still doesnt want the ball at the end, dont get me started with rondont at the end of games, nate is still only 5'9'' which limits what he can do inperturbed from defensers, babay is one dimensional on offense in the clutch.. point is alll we got is pp at the end! 

dude talking about the bad shooting of pap earlier misses the point.. y? overall, he is shooting over 50% and 40% from 3. tells me his negs simply could not have been that bad. he's been remarkably consistent, showing up everyday. his fitness is right up there with ray ray now. think thats where kg and ray have really helped him...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Good post.  Always give credit to players who have good streaks.  All players. Give them the bird, when they have a terrible streak, and play poorly.  All players. That being the case, how come I didn't see PP getting the bird on his 5 game performance from Dec. 3  --  Dec. 11th?  He was terrible.  Awful!  Bad!.  Yet, I don't recal any negative comments.  Is he the "Teflon Man"? He shot 37%  --  20 - 54 FG's.  --  0 -16 "3"'s  --  for "0%". If someone posted the FACTS, they are a PP hater?  Maybe it isn't all handled very fairly for all players?
    Posted by CaptChris[/QUOTE]

Or Ray the last two games?  2-8 and 3-9

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Teams, like Orlando Magics which said stopping Ray was their top priority, have been gearing up to stop Ray in several of the last games played now, which is leaving lanes and many wide open opportunities for other Celts.   I believe there is an indicator that states that if Ray scores 20, then the Celts always win.  I believe it's because of the reasons I stated above. There is a pattern I believe is merging.  The pattern is that Pierce and Ray seems to take turns leading in scoring for 3-4 games at a time.  I think the reason for this is because once Pierce starts to score alot, then teams will start planning more to stop him, which then leaves Ray open to score alot, which then forces the next teams the Celtics play, to plan for Ray, which then leave Pierce opens to score alot. etc....
    Posted by rayallen1[/QUOTE]

Excellent points, RayAllen1.  When Garnett was down, I was one of many who advocated that these two had to step up and be more aggressive.  Since Jan. 1 (last 11 games) , look at what they've done:

Min/gm      FG %    3pt %     FT %    Rebounds    Pts per Game
               ---------    ------    --------    -------   -----------    ---------------
    PP         32.5         57         53.5        82         4.9              20.7

RA         34           58         57.7        84         3.9              18.7

How's that for two players stepping it up.  These guys are SO good together and as pointed out above, they make it easier for each other.   Let's just hope these guys stay healthy all year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Funny a post giving props to Pierce and posters show up bringing Ray in to the discussion. Your posts are the reasons these little fueds get going in the first place.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Funny a post giving props to Pierce and posters show up bringing Ray in to the discussion. Your posts are the reasons these little fueds get going in the first place.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Oh, man.  I hope I'm not doing THAT (feeding that silly feud)!  About 5 or 6 posts up, someone starting complimenting Ray, as well, and I'm agreeing.  I just think these two players are doing so well for us that you can't separate them nor worry about credit.  

Quote from Paul about why they are playing well:  “Every day we come in here, that’s what we work on — making the passes, running our offense, believing in one another, not caring who gets the credit. You have a selfless group like this, that’s what happens.’’.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

that's why Pierce is the Captain.  he's a strong consistent durable player - and when he plays well, the whole team plays well.  if Pierce doesn't have his A game the rest of the team slumps.   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I guess you got your answer!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE] I guess you got your answer!!!

So you're finally happy that Pierce didn't have a perfect game tonight?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HOW MANY MORE PERFECT GAMES IS PIERCE GOING TO HAVE IN A ROW? : So you're finally happy that Pierce didn't have a perfect game tonight?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

You're good at asking questions, how about answering one. Who missed the little 10 footer, that would have won the game tonight, hence making him the GOAT!!  I'm waiting!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Yal jinxed him... thanks alot : (

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HOW MANY MORE PERFECT GAMES IS PIERCE GOING TO HAVE IN A ROW? :  You're good at asking questions, how about answering one. Who missed the little 10 footer, that would have won the game tonight, hence making him the GOAT!!  I'm waiting!!

If you're talking about Pierce then yes, tonight the Celtics lost because he missed. 

But it also didn't do the Celtics any good that Ray Allen went 6-15 from the field and 2-8 from 3pt land.

You haven't answered my question, so I'll ask you again, are you happy that Pierce didn't have a perfect game tonight?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HOW MANY MORE PERFECT GAMES IS PIERCE GOING TO HAVE IN A ROW? : If you're talking about Pierce then yes, tonight the Celtics lost because he missed.  But it also didn't do the Celtics any good that Ray Allen went 6-15 from the field and 2-8 from 3pt land. You haven't answered my question, so I'll ask you again, are you happy that Pierce didn't have a perfect game tonight?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Didn't have a perfect game, now that's putting it mildly. Perfect game, HAHAHA

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HOW MANY MORE PERFECT GAMES IS PIERCE GOING TO HAVE IN A ROW? :  You're good at asking questions, how about answering one. Who missed the little 10 footer, that would have won the game tonight, hence making him the GOAT!!  I'm waiting!!

He wasn't the goat.  It was the whole teams fault that they were in that position for him to miss that shot in the first place.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HOW MANY MORE PERFECT GAMES IS PIERCE GOING TO HAVE IN A ROW? :  Didn't have a perfect game, now that's putting it mildly. Perfect game, HAHAHA

You're in a good mood. Are you happy that Pierce didn't have a perfect game tonight?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HOW MANY MORE PERFECT GAMES IS PIERCE GOING TO HAVE IN A ROW? : He wasn't the goat.  It was the whole teams fault that they were in that position for him to miss that shot in the first place.
    Posted by Icon11[/QUOTE]

Remember last night's game against the Jazz? kyceltic wasn't HAHAHA-ING, but tonight, when the Celtics lost, he seems happy. He's a very unique Celtic fan to say the least.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HOW MANY MORE PERFECT GAMES IS PIERCE GOING TO HAVE IN A ROW? : Remember last night's game against the Jazz? kyceltic wasn't HAHAHA-ING, but tonight, when the Celtics lost, he seems happy. He's a very unique Celtic fan to say the least.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I take that as a compliment, thank you!!