How many of you would be fine with the nba cancelling the season?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

How many of you would be fine with the nba cancelling the season?

a lot of ppl saying that they want the season to be cencelled. im not even going to pretend, il be so depressed without the Celtics being on. Every night is a battle with these guys and chance to see somethin special. bruins just dont do it for me. i watch, but just not as into the game.

for me, after a tiring day, i just like to chill with the fam and watch the C's.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Re: How many of you would be fine with the nba cancelling the season?

How is it good? our veterans get a year older.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

In Response to Re: How many of you would be fine with the nba cancelling the season?:
    [QUOTE]How is it good? our veterans get a year older.
    Posted by btownteamsrking[/QUOTE]
    if fierce's forthcoming response is along the lines of it puts us in better position to attract top free agents, my question to fierce is when did the boston nba franchise EVER have any success attracting top free agents? and what has changed that they will have success now?

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

In Response to Re: How many of you would be fine with the nba cancelling the season?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How many of you would be fine with the nba cancelling the season? : There's always a first time for everything.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    and you'd flush the season for no more than that? 

cancelling the season is NOT a good idea. here's hoping owners, players, media and fans don't learn this truth the hard way. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Wanting something, and being realistic are two different things.  While I don't WANT the season to be cancelled, I am under no illusion that these two sides will work things out.  I envision the entire season being cancelled, and soon.  The owners want a slam -dunk, and the players want "little" victories along the way.  Can't see it happening...................even with a 50-50 split of BRI, there is still the issue of player movement, hard salary cap and max salaries.  Does anyone think Dan Gilbert will vote for ANY agreement that allows the MEBrons of the world to continue doing whatever they want?  That "decision" was made two years ago, with the players colluding to go where they want.  The owners are not allowed to collude.  And Melo?  A team should be able to trade a player where THEY want, not be held hostage becuase another team is holding cap space for a player they want....the whole thing needs to be fixed.....the owners know this, and the players like it as is...................can't see any middle ground here!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]No season is good for the Celts but bad for the fans. I prefer no season.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

You may be right, but I still won't be happy if their is no season this year.  I watch all Boston sports and will still enjoy watching the Bruins this season, but basketball is my favorite sport and I would really miss it.   Of course, you could also watch college basketball if their is no NBA this season.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Honestly, it's sickening to see some of these guys making the kind of money they make and mailing it in once they get paid.  The bloated NBA is rife with players making huge money when they don't even deserve to be on an NBA roster.  I hope the billionaires hit the millionaires over the head with the reality stick.  I'd lose the season if it meant that the NBA would become more watchable.  Contract the league and do away with watered down talent, implement a cap, limit the length of guaranteed contracts.  Do anything to improve the product.    

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from phxvlsoxfan. Show phxvlsoxfan's posts

I would be fine with no NBA.  While I'm a lifelong C's fan, I honestly prefer to watch college ball than today's version of the pro game.  I doubt they will cancel the whole season - the owners know if they push too far they could jeopardize their product for many years to come.  Expect them to tip off by early January.

If I need a fix of C's before then, I have a nice library collection of games from the Bird era.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

Would not be happy at all. I'm a big NBA to have the season canceled would suck, but right now i would accept it. The owners let the players get out of control and the owners fell right in to it. It is not much different from our government both need a big over haul and come back to reality. We the fans and We the People need more than what we are getting now for sure from both.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

[QUOTE]Honestly, it's sickening to see some of these guys making the kind of money they make and mailing it in once they get paid.  The bloated NBA is rife with players making huge money when they don't even deserve to be on an NBA roster.  I hope the billionaires hit the millionaires over the head with the reality stick.  I'd lose the season if it meant that the NBA would become more watchable.  Contract the league and do away with watered down talent, implement a cap, limit the length of guaranteed contracts.  Do anything to improve the product.    
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

you just hit every single nail on the head man!!! ....I couldn't agree more!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Mrs. Number6 is also a Celtics fan, so we spend the winter dissecting the play of the C's, instead of each other.  I dread there being no season.  There might be blood on the floor. :-)

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I am as you guys know a mad Celtics fanatic. I am actually seriously considering not watching the NBA until David Sterns is out. Having that t ur d d ou che running the NBA is like having a wonderful family member that has become a raving coke head and is destroying all the work,dedication and love you've ever had at free fall speed.
    My family have been Celtic fans my whole through thick and thin but what sterns has done in the last decade to the NBA is killing the league. After the level of play last year and the increase of ratings and revenues across the board he ramrodded the LOCKOUT down the leagues owners throats and lockout the players destroying any momentum the league had going forward with total lack of concern for  the fans or the non player employees of the NBA. He would rather see the league fold the whole than not be the absolute in the NBA universe. He should have walked away 1/2 way through MJs career and would have been a benchmark for pro commissioners. However in the last 15 years he has not made one change for the betterment of the NBA all are just to show who's the biggest swinging stick in the league.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Rajon-Hondo, who may want to contact bdc to see why they hide his posts, weighs in thursday eve at 10:55 EDT w/ the following:

I am as you guys know a mad Celtics fanatic. I am actually seriously considering not watching the NBA until David Sterns is out. Having that t ur d d ou che running the NBA is like having a wonderful family member that has become a raving coke head and is destroying all the work,dedication and love you've ever had at free fall speed.
    My family have been Celtic fans my whole through thick and thin but what sterns has done in the last decade to the NBA is killing the league. After the level of play last year and the increase of ratings and revenues across the board he ramrodded the LOCKOUT down the leagues owners throats and lockout the players destroying any momentum the league had going forward with total lack of concern for the fans or the non player employees of the NBA. He would rather see the league fold the whole than not be the absolute in the NBA universe. He should have walked away 1/2 way through MJs career and would have been a benchmark for pro commissioners. However in the last 15 years he has not made one change for the betterment of the NBA all are just to show who's the biggest swinging stick in the league.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

it's not about being fine with it being cancelled - any real fan wants to watch nba basketball. what it's about is the fact that the players are deluded if they think the nba owners aren't resolved to completely revamp the system. they are not backing down until they get their 50/50 split and a system rivaling the nhl and the players are eventually going to see that and capitulate. probably will take the cancelling of this season for them to get it though. they had a great run with the last deal, but it won't happen again. watch what happens as the season goes south and see how resolved the union is 6 months from now. i'm not commenting on what is right or wrong (these people all make way too much money for us common folk to get too upset either way) - I just think the owners and the nba have been planning this for years and expected the scenario to play out in exactly this way. I think they've been planning on not having a season all along. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The season for us the fans will be no fun.  The broken country club which is the NBA will have to be fixed and the players have overplayed their hand.  Look for a damaging dissemination of players in Europe and all over and real damage to the NBA product.  By the spring all the threats will be played out and some kind of silly players league will service.  It will be a league for only basketball junkies and many will have left since the team structure will have changed so dramatically. What a drag that the Ray, Paul and Kevin see a season flushed like this.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhajra. Show dhajra's posts

On the one hand, I would be totally bummed if the season were cancelled.  However, on the other hand, I am getting a bit annoyed with millionnaires arguing about money when much of the rest of the country is concerned about there their next paycheck is coming from. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Spot on dude....!!!