How much do you hate Danny Ainge?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

How much do you hate Danny Ainge?

he lost TA who is the one guy who can defend Kobe and cause him problems. He lost our center Perkins who is an enforcer inside for a couple of softies in Green and Kristic, guys who look good on paper but can not contribute in playoffs when the intensity level rises. How much do you hate Danny Ainge for taking away the championship that was rightfully ours? Now our team will be dismantled. The Big three could only win one championship (2008) and now we start building with only Rondo a viable young player.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Re: How much do you hate Danny Ainge?

On a scale of 1-10 ? .... hmm like 2000!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

rondo and green will be great to rebuild around. much better than rondo/perk. and i was thanking god last night that tony allen was not out there to foul one of their three-point attempts at the end of the game. i'll thank mr. ainge for '08 and whatever happens this year is gravy. now is the time for the "big 3" to earn their money.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

I love Danny Ainge. One of the best managers in the league. If you really understand the business side of basketball, you will love Danny Ainge.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Aslanb0ynn. Show Aslanb0ynn's posts

You don't thank Danny Ainge, you thank Kevin Mchale to gift wrap you KG.  Just like Lakers fan thanking JW for Gasol.  At least with Memphis the core for the trade gave them a legitmate Center, a powerful forward (via trading with the Lakers players) and draft picks and now they are a legitimate team that can contend with the Spurs.  Look at Minn. they turn around and not even make a playoff once with what they got from the Cs and then they turn around and trade Al Jefferson to the Jazz.  The one and most important piece that they "wanted" in trading KG.  DA hasn't done crap. The once "Big 3" had earned their money in the 2008 season but no "thank yous" should be handed to your GM Danny Ainge...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsSox. Show CeltsSox's posts

In Response to Re: How much do you hate Danny Ainge?:
    [QUOTE]On a scale of 1-10 ? .... hmm like 2000!
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]

KG, what that old saying by the hated Yogi, "it ain't over until it's over"!!! Let's give Jermaine and Jeff Green a chance to make a difference. All we need is for Doc to throw away the so-called play book and let the guys play their game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Good thing Bramrok is dumb da dumb dumb

DUMB!

yOU'RE NOT A gm GO AWAY

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

I live by the Mormon Moral Code...Love you fellow man. (biblical sense)...Danny is the best at the salary cap...period...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]rondo and green will be great to rebuild around. much better than rondo/perk. and i was thanking god last night that tony allen was not out there to foul one of their three-point attempts at the end of the game. i'll thank mr. ainge for '08 and whatever happens this year is gravy. now is the time for the "big 3" to earn their money.
    Posted by kaktug[/QUOTE]

It would be nice.  Considering they are collectively making 55 million this year, the same amount of Rondo's whole contract for 5 years...

I will say this though, they need help from the bench if they are gonna go all out...maybe they are saving something, seeing how much they have ahead of them playing a 6 man rotation...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

I like him as long as he's the C's GM. That way I know he'll continue to bungle all trades that could possibly keep the Celtics relevant and a contender. Now I have to worry about OKC (with Perk) more than Boston (without). At the rate he's going, it won't be long before the C's are in the cellar.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

None, a post for melon heads

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]You don't thank Danny Ainge, you thank Kevin Mchale to gift wrap you KG.  Just like Lakers fan thanking JW for Gasol.  At least with Memphis the core for the trade gave them a legitmate Center, a powerful forward (via trading with the Lakers players) and draft picks and now they are a legitimate team that can contend with the Spurs.  Look at Minn. they turn around and not even make a playoff once with what they got from the Cs and then they turn around and trade Al Jefferson to the Jazz.  The one and most important piece that they "wanted" in trading KG.  DA hasn't done crap. The once "Big 3" had earned their money in the 2008 season but no "thank yous" should be handed to your GM Danny Ainge...
    Posted by Aslanb0ynn[/QUOTE]

HA, you must be delirious and plain just dumb. Lakers got a gift from, Jerry West in that trade, Memphis got burned.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Aslanb0ynn. Show Aslanb0ynn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How much do you hate Danny Ainge? : HA, you must be delirious and plain just dumb. Lakers got a gift from, Jerry West in that trade, Memphis got burned.
    Posted by CelticFanLA[/QUOTE]

Why am i delirious? and why is that dumb? Did i say " Just like the Lakers would thank JW for Gasol"?  But am i wrong regarding the two deals with your Cs and Min and the lakers deal with Memphis?  Memphis is a good team that is CONTENDING toe to toe with the SPURS and now look at Minny after the trade!  They traded Al Jefferson to the Jazz and wasn't he the main key in trading away KG???  And Memphis got burned in their trade but Minny didn't? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How much do you hate Danny Ainge? : HA, you must be delirious and plain just dumb. Lakers got a gift from, Jerry West in that trade, Memphis got burned.
    Posted by CelticFanLA[/QUOTE]

I agree.  And if you want to prove it, ask for ANY poster on this Board to honestly tell us that they'd love to have Marc Gasol rather than Pau Gasol.

Minnesota got 2 draft picks, cash, Al Jefferson, and Ryan Gomes, Sebastian Telfair, and Gerald Green (when folks though he was good) and an expiring contract called Theo Ratliff.   I think Minnesota got something more than Memphis got.

To answer the original question - i don't hate Danny.  I think he took a huge gamble in that trade and if Shaq is not healthy (and it looks like he's not), then Danny's gamble was a bad bet.   But he got back a draft choices and a young good player in Green along with a backup Center in Krstic.   I think he may have given away a championship and I think he should have waited until the offseason to do a sign and trade, but what do I know?   I don't hate him for it, but I am disappointed in him not having more patience with the team and with Perk.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]You don't thank Danny Ainge, you thank Kevin Mchale to gift wrap you KG.  Just like Lakers fan thanking JW for Gasol.  At least with Memphis the core for the trade gave them a legitmate Center, a powerful forward (via trading with the Lakers players) and draft picks and now they are a legitimate team that can contend with the Spurs.  Look at Minn. they turn around and not even make a playoff once with what they got from the Cs and then they turn around and trade Al Jefferson to the Jazz.  The one and most important piece that they "wanted" in trading KG.  DA hasn't done crap. The once "Big 3" had earned their money in the 2008 season but no "thank yous" should be handed to your GM Danny Ainge...

Really??

Traded to MN -
     Jefferson (still in league)
    Telfair (still on MN)
    Ratliff (lakers)
    Gomes (still in league)
    Green (NOT in league)
    and two #1 picks

Traded to MEM-
    Kwame Brown (Bobcats)
    Aaron McKie (had retired)
    Javarius Crittendon (out of the league)
    Marc Gasol (unknown second round pick with ZERO experience)

Did you mean Zach Randolph?  He was acquired from the Clips in 2009 for Quentin Richardson  - who NEVER played for the lakers.  Jefferson was traded because the Wolves wanted to get more athletic, and STUPID Kurt Rambis wanted to run the triangle.http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5376884

Learn your stuff before you post on here!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]I like him as long as he's the C's GM. That way I know he'll continue to bungle all trades that could possibly keep the Celtics relevant and a contender. Now I have to worry about OKC (with Perk) more than Boston (without). At the rate he's going, it won't be long before the C's are in the cellar.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

I think you need to be afraid of Chris Paul. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Aslanb0ynn. Show Aslanb0ynn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How much do you hate Danny Ainge? : Really?? Traded to MN -  Jefferson (still in league) Telfair (still on MN) Ratliff (lakers) Gomes (still in league) Green (NOT in league) and two #1 picks Traded to MEM- Kwame Brown (Bobcats) Aaron McKie (had retired) Javarius Crittendon (out of the league) Marc Gasol (unknown second round pick with ZERO experience) Did you mean Zach Randolph?  He was acquired from the Clips in 2009 for Quentin Richardson  - who NEVER played for the lakers.  Jefferson was traded because the Wolves wanted to get more athletic, and STUPID Kurt Rambis wanted to run the triangle. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5376884 Learn your stuff before you post on here!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

So... at the end of the day Minnesota is left with Telfair whom Minny traded then got back this season and Memphis has Marc Gasol still...  You would take Telfair over Marc... ?  Plus the deal gave Memphis cap room which enable them to sign on Zach.  They did not trade to former Lakers to get Zach but that trade from Gasol Free them up 22 mils in cap space because of Kwame expiring contract as well which enable them to sign Zach... right...?  But to keep it simple... Minny now has Telfair and Memphis has Marc from the trade...  Right or no?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How much do you hate Danny Ainge? : So... at the end of the day Minnesota is left with Telfair whom Minny traded then got back this season and Memphis has Marc Gasol still...  You would take Telfair over Marc... ?  Plus the deal gave Memphis cap room which enable them to sign on Zach.  They did not trade to former Lakers to get Zach but that trade from Gasol Free them up 22 mils in cap space because of Kwame expiring contract as well which enable them to sign Zach... right...?  But to keep it simple... Minny now has Telfair and Memphis has Marc from the trade...  Right or no?

I am keeping it simple.  It's YOU who are confused.  See, you wrote:

At least with Memphis the core for the trade gave them a legitmate Center, a powerful forward (via trading with the Lakers players)

So, in keeping it simple, tell me how they got Zach Randolph via trading with the lakers players?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

I've hated Ainge since he stepped on Rocket Rod Foster's ankle when Foster was playing for UCLA and almost broke it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]I've hated Ainge since he stepped on Rocket Rod Foster's ankle when Foster was playing for UCLA and almost broke it.
    Posted by OneNation[/QUOTE]

So you hated Danny Ainge when he was a Celtic player.....hustling, getting into Tree Rollin's head, hitting 3's, etc?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How much do you hate Danny Ainge? : So you hated Danny Ainge when he was a Celtic player.....hustling, getting into Tree Rollin's head, hitting 3's, etc?
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]
    Sarcasm Celts, sarcasm. I went to school with Rod. Played ball with him on the streets of New Britain at Chesley Park.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

aing'e dossier of pi$$ poor work goes all the way back to 2008.  we ran the sneakers off of ray allen.  then in 2009 we ran the living daylights out of ray.  then in 2010 we ran the... well you get the idea.  never a decent back up for rondo, just half baked washouts like cassell and marberry. 

i was not a fan of keeping posey and he's stunk ever since leaving.  but tony allen taking a powder for short money is not really excusable.  giving away erden for nothing is not excusable. 

and the more time goes on and shak falls off the map, just keeping perkins to round out the year is looking better and better. 

even getting rid of nate, a low pay guy, but a team spirit guy who CAME UP CLUTCH in the playoffs for us last year has really bothered me.

eddie house had some dreadful stretches of outside shooting for some of the years we had him but he was always worth having around. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

and i have not hated ainge forever.  me and my cousin made up a huge sign (seats behind visitor bench) with "get innoculated for TREE bites" on it and a huge syringe wired to the poster board.  it only lasted a couple of mins before we had to put it away but people were rolling.

not all players make good GM's.  aside from bringing in the big 3 and getting glen davis included in the ray allen deal for nothing, i have not really seen much i like from ainge. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How much do you hate Danny Ainge? : Why am i delirious? and why is that dumb? Did i say " Just like the Lakers would thank JW for Gasol"?  But am i wrong regarding the two deals with your Cs and Min and the lakers deal with Memphis?  Memphis is a good team that is CONTENDING toe to toe with the SPURS and now look at Minny after the trade!  They traded Al Jefferson to the Jazz and wasn't he the main key in trading away KG???  And Memphis got burned in their trade but Minny didn't? 

A 22 year old Al Jefferson, already an 18-11 player, for a 30 year old KG is a lot more even than a 22 year old Marc Gasol, 1.5 years away from his NBA debut, for a 27 year old Pau Gasol.