How One Player Had A Big Impact

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: How One Player Had A Big Impact

The good news is that Sully and Lee are getting bigger minutes than Bass and Terry.  The bad news is that Terry and Bass still play 10 to 15 minutes tonight and when they are in  - we hurt.   Even Green playing bigger minutes and working hard.   Just being held back by:

- Bass's everything (not fixable)

- Terry's inability to shoot and spotty D (we can hope he eventually shoots better)

- Rondo's on ball D (which I hope will be better at the end of the season)

- KG and Paul looking old (hope they get some fresh legs at season's end)

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

leave it to delusional gun obsessed fiercey to come up with a single play by middling undersized big man jason maxiell to explain away forty minutes of STINK by rondo who nearly achieved a quadruple double of shame he was so lousy with the basketball.

but we have to make up a reason to forget about the 4-16 shooting from wonderboy rondo and the 9 turnovers.  it must be that darn maxiell!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Again - I'm okay if they trade Rondo.................

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

I'm not talking only about this game, I'm talking about the whole season in general. Tonight's game was just an example. Get it?

Remember how well Mark Blount played before he got that big contract? Same with Bass!

member of the planet dolt-tron: are you insinuating bass is a low character guy who is sandbagging it on us?  really?  he's not my favorite player but he surely is NOT doing this on purpose.  and neither is terry or jeff green or courtney lee for that matter.  the reason why jerLame o'neal was fingernails on the chalkboard on offense was that he was starved out of all practice looks.

DUMBO DOCK came out with a fatwah this year that you like to ignore becuase it fits your mentally challenged thought patterns that bass shall NOT go into the post any more this year and from here on.  so there goes all the aggressiveness out of bass' game and here comes the early-on exhaustion of KG.

bass DID HAVE a functional drop step and could do fakes- although nothing looked pretty his efficiency was .8 on each post posession and that's not great but it's not horrible- NOT WORTH CANCELLING THE PROGRAM OVER, THAT"S FOR SURE- but leave it doc drivelers and his rabid dumbheaded followers like you to come up with "a reason" why bass stinks.

here's a clue fierce since the closest thing to sports you've ever played is probably the board game "battleship"- you DO NOT take away EVERY IOTA of a #4's post looks in the NBA and expect good results- when bigger guys get "off" then they SHOULD BE SENT DOWN TO THE POST TO EARN A TRIP TO THE STRIPE at the very least.  and bass could do that.  look at his FTA's this year- they are in the basement in direct correlation with bone-brain rivers banning him from the paint.

honestly fierce, make up some better / more probable lies

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

i'm DELIGHTED if we find the right deal now, but anyone who can't see that this IDIOT rondo is NOT WORTH TWENTY FIVE MILLION due to him the next two years is absolutely HOMER-DUMB-CRAZY

we need to dump rondo, package him up with some crap and get what we can this off season and just hope he doesn't embarrass himself the rest of this year and into the playoffs with his disinterested schtick that finds the floor on average 5/6 or 5/7 games. 

that's not professional conduct, it's a slacker.  WHO did DET have out there tonight that rondo couldn't run the table on if he wanted to?  granted rondo is part of the problem becuase his mind isn't right about stepping into simple open jumpers and driving to draw fouls / maintain floor equilibrium. 

it's a disgrace to see a guy like this in his 7th year be thought of as a "star".  he has star like qualities only 15% of the time

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Trading Rondo would mean a total rebuild.

So you're saying you want a total rebuild? 

I'm OKAY with it - I'm okay if we keep him.

Is it a rebuild if SAC gives us Evans and Cousins for Rondo?

How about Rondo and Bass for Big Al?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

someone please explain how the faultless one can manage to shoot durant to a near standstill from DEEEEEP, as he did here and then steadfastedly show up with about 15% that much game on a regular basis during the "boring 82" as rajon considers them to be....

rondo and durant had TNT into a panic because nobody was missing!!!  how can you hit like this in a competition and then shoot blanks the rest of the time?!  it's called lack of desire, intermittent killer instinct, if you will.  if rondo decided to be "on" he'd be a most feared player in the league- and no, obviously not a sharpshooter marksman but plenty functional enough not to grunt out 4-16 games against DET and 3-8 games against NO in his 7th year. 

that's rookie crap.  but note how when he focuses ON SHOOTING, he can do it just fine.

http://youtu.be/DRWUREGsLqs?t=37m19s

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

What I see is a player who cannot lead this team. He is the point guard and often not consistent with his performance.  I am both wowed and disappointed in him. Garnett and Pierce define the team and Rondo is just not going to lead with them around.  I think he stays but we need someone like Cousins.  Who can learn from Garnett.  Not saying we can do it but that would be the best way to sustain the team and build its future.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

someone please explain how the faultless one can manage to shoot durant to a near standstill from DEEEEEP, as he did here and then steadfastedly show up with about 15% that much game on a regular basis during the "boring 82" as rajon considers them to be....

rondo and durant had TNT into a panic because nobody was missing!!!  how can you hit like this in a competition and then shoot blanks the rest of the time?!  it's called lack of desire, intermittent killer instinct, if you will.  if rondo decided to be "on" he'd be a most feared player in the league- and no, obviously not a sharpshooter marksman but plenty functional enough not to grunt out 4-16 games against DET and 3-8 games against NO in his 7th year. 

that's rookie crap.  but note how when he focuses ON SHOOTING, he can do it just fine.

http://youtu.be/DRWUREGsLqs?t=37m19s

No, it is not focus.  It is the mercurial Rondo.  It is not a conscious thing with him.  Once you make him conscious, he will miss badly.  That is why, even in playoffs, he has not followed up monsterous ofensive performance with another adequate offensive performance.

Rondo is the brilliant filler.  The glue.  He can bind quality pieces around him into something special.  Just don't ask him to become a big piece.  The glue will spread out and lose shape.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

What I see is a player who cannot lead this team. He is the point guard and often not consistent with his performance.  I am both wowed and disappointed in him. Garnett and Pierce define the team and Rondo is just not going to lead with them around.  I think he stays but we need someone like Cousins.  Who can learn from Garnett.  Not saying we can do it but that would be the best way to sustain the team and build its future.

Don't know of too many people that can lead rabble.  And when both KG and Paul Pierce are not performing, the Celts are rabble.  Doc works a system and not hero ball.  When the system breaks, Rondo can't make it happen on the fly.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

Any possibilities for this trade?

Pierce, Rondo, Bass and Terry for A. Jefferson, Ellis, and Gay.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

Or any of the Celtics not named Sulliger, Garnet and Bradley.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Trading Rondo would mean giving up on the season, and that point might not be too far off.  Think those leader shoes he was supposed to fill are still 2 sizes too big for him. Inconsistency/intermittent apathy is what he can't seem to overcome.

PP & KG can't bring it consistently either, so at the top, the C's have a leadership crisis.

Due to this, the rest of the team needs to step up (particularly Green, Bass, Terry, & Lee) but who's seen that happen.  Green's not a take charge guy, great as a 3rd option but begs off being a 1st, Bass got the bucks last season and now seems more content with whatever happens instead of improving his game,  Terry & Green haven't been as promised.  Can't comment on Barbosa, for whatever reason, I don't think he's been given much of a chance.   AB & Sully are brightspots in an otherwise dismal season.

Anyway you look at it, this season so far doesn't give much hope for much of a run postseason.

Know you only posted about being ok with Rondo being traded, and I've run off a bit, but did so to illustrate I'm ok with trading anybody except KG, AB, & Sully.  Only reason I don't include KG is because I think he's a better mentor than PP and he's got that notrade clause.

A trade is going to come down, and with the way the team currently goes on cruise control every week, it will most likely be a big one.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

No, it is not focus.  It is the mercurial Rondo.  It is not a conscious thing with him.  Once you make him conscious, he will miss badly.  That is why, even in playoffs, he has not followed up monsterous ofensive performance with another adequate offensive performance.

Rondo is the brilliant filler.  The glue.  He can bind quality pieces around him into something special.  Just don't ask him to become a big piece.  The glue will spread out and lose shape.

i buy that 100%.  and my inevitable and inexorable point is that FILLER AIN"T WORTH 25 MILLION the next two years- and after that- it's worth even less. 

the reason rondo needs to be done away with THIS SUMMER is that the longer this contract drones on, people (potential bidders or those with interest in him) are going to back AWAY from the table and let him hang out there in unrestricted F/A land and we WILL GET NOTHING for him.

and someone take all the pens away from ainge because this dude has not earned an extension.  we are fresh out of stars and glue is easily found.  we need more than just glue that melts when it's in too much sunlight

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to bangkoker's comment:

Or any of the Celtics not named Sulliger, Garnet and Bradley.

i don't know.  i know we should not panic to dispatch with rondo but if something good comes up...  go for it.  ellis has been sort of exposed in milwaukee as a rather inaccurate and miserable gunner- not sure he's going to fit in on any team that is playoff bound.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

i just scanned rondo's game log.  in 35 games i am disgusted with nearly exactly half of his games.  and that includes BOTH of his 20 assist games.  rondo is just that bizarre sort of a player where tons of assists does NOT necessarily mean we are playing good ball. 

so that's 50% rate of "disgusting" games and that's from a very quick scan. 

just look at his last 3 games.  8 points, 30 points, 7 points.  THAT is disgusting alone.  this is what he does.   this team is old, the rented fill-in parts are not working and rondo won't pull himself up by the bootstraps and do consistent heavy lifting.

for those who seem to FEAR a total rebuild...  what else DO YOU think is coming?!

25. This post has been removed.