How One Player Had A Big Impact

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Re: How One Player Had A Big Impact

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Again - I'm okay if they trade Rondo.................

Trading Rondo would mean a total rebuild.

So you're saying you want a total rebuild? 

If the Celtics can net either Big Al or Josh Smith this year for a package that includes Green and Bass, then I would not trade Rondo this year because those 2 players could have a major impact on this team....fingers crossed for Big Al.  If we cannot get either one of these players, then, yes, I would trade Rondo for the right deal because I do not feel this team is close to contending and in 3 years we'll have to give Rondo a max contract, whcih is a frightening thought.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Again - I'm okay if they trade Rondo.................

I would trade anyone in the NBA not named Lebron or Durant for the right deal.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Maxiell's block on Bass' jump shot when the Pistons were leading 2-0 turned into a 7-0 lead for the Pistons. The Celts then trailed by double figures until the bench, Sully, Green, and Lee, gave the Celts a spark to cut the lead to 1, 46-47. Then Bass came in for KG and turned the ball over. So instead of tying the game or getting a lead to end the half, the Celts ended up trailing by 4 points.

In the 2nd half that 4-point lead once again ballooned to double figures. When Bass came out, the Celtics rallied and cut the lead to 4, 66-70, when Terry hit a 3-pointer.

Seriously, Brandon Bass has become the new Mark Blount. Meaning they had a very good season before getting a big contract and ended playing like crap after they got the big contract.

I agree! The big contract has made BB soft and comfortable! Doc needs to make him hungry again!! OR move him to another team!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:

Some of you guys are asking too much from Rondo.

Just use common sense. Against the Bulls, without Deng and Rose, the Celtics were barely able to keep up even when Rondo already scored 30 points. When Rondo just scored 8 points against the Pistons, the Celts lost by 15. It's very clear that the #1(Pierce) and #2(KG) option are not getting it done.  

no, we're really not.  you've been bludgeoned by the board drones into unconditional admiration of rondo.  i am delighted when rondo plays to his potential.  i realize not every game is going to be 30 points, he also does the valet parking before and after the game and works the hot dog stand at half time.

what I am asking for is: CONSISTENCY.  that's what an old team needs.  because once you have consistency about you- when pierce of KG has a tank-it kind of night- YOU CAN STEP IN AND COVER THE GAPS.  moreover, if rondo is NOT going to LEAD this team into the future then what's the point of having him around? 

we see how ray left town largely because of rondo.  that's a bad sign.  not because ray was any great shakes at his age bracket and the amount we over-played him in four years time bu the very idea of the consummate pro ray allen having issues with rondo being the dunderhead that he is....

all MOST OF US are asking for is to play FURTHER UP TO YOUR POTENTIAL on a nightly basis.  for rondo, "bigger players" should mean he exploits the living daylights out of him, and middling TURKEY NO NAMES should never drop 20-25 points on rondo at this stage of his career.  we're asking for effort, all the time.

in short, we are asking for celtic pride.

rondo HAS obviously exhibited that in spots, most often seen in the playoffs.  but remember how red had a short leash on maxwell when he thought max was sandbaggin' regular season games and only wanted to be a "playoff player"? 

how do we go from that to RONDO, the 40 game a year sandbagger x 7 years?!!? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

"if rondo is NOT going to LEAD this team into the future then what's the point of having him around?  "

I joined Dudder's assessment of Rondo a few years ago......some fans here still thick like Fierce. I'm Dudder's diciple - he was right before and right up to this minute.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:

It's also very obvious, check below.

Before big contract:

Bass - 12.5 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 47.9% FG

After big contract:

Bass - 7.7 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 45% FG

It's bull crap to say Doc is not allowing Bass to post up or Doc removed him from the low post. Bass has always been a jump shooter. He has never been a low post player.

Last season Bass was automatic from the perimeter. When he was left open, it was an automatic 2 points. This season he's missing a lot of open jumpers. That's why he's trying to do too much and ending up making a mistake.

like usual fierce, you are full of bland, useless, foamy rhetoric.

here is the truth of the matter- do you even read boston.com

do you even understand what the role of a #4 is?  have you looked at bass' advanced stats for post up looks?  he doesn't knock you over with delightful numbers, but the cancellation of his post game was NOT WARRANTED just by looking at his advanced stats.

how would you recommend a wayward bass re-train his shooting eye if he is not allowed, per ribbers' fiat / fatwah, to post up and draw a fould and get to the line?

this isn't the first time bass got a raise in his career...  he went from rook contract to 3 million a year and only performed better.  he's got work to do to make his game better and the POTENTIAL to pocket more than 6M/year (think paul milsap) if he takes his game to the next level.

blount is a non-compes-mentis comparison- blounty played a mere 20 games at a somewhat proficient level of "center" play on a HORRENDOUS team to "get his contract" and then went calvin booth on us.  bass played decent an entire year and is not the sort of uncaring JUDAS that blount was.

in summary, you are so full of crap it's coming out your eye sockets fierce.  once again, in an unprovoked manner, you step on your wang for all to see.  bass HAS BEEN BANNED FROM THE POST BY DOC.  read the article fuzznutz

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/2012/10/15/brandon-bass-tries-stay-focused-despite-being-unsure-his-role-for-this-season/HBUp53sUJtVR9bFFQJNhgO/story.html

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

and even more than that fierce- you prove yourself out as someone who has never played basketball by TOTAL IGNORANCE of what it's like to play under a coach that has undermined you and screwed you over.  it's horrendous.  it can make you feel like a prisoner.  bass was never a post up maven but NO COACH EVER has said to him "don't do that any more" until doc THIS YEAR and that's what coincided with his contract extension. 

so if you're going to do nothing with bass' talents, why not just get a 6-8 guy who is a marksman outside shooter with no inside game?!   nothing makes sense with either you or doc

speaking of doc's, you should go see one- a head doc.  and pack as many fish oil caplets into your yapper as possible and try to get some intelligence behind your keyboard pitter pattering

http://www.celticstown.com/2012/10/16/celtics-brandon-bass-thinks-he-can-play-post-strangely-stats-confirm-it/

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Come on, acie, is the name calling really necessary?

is you talking out of your rear end and insinuating i am an aspiring mass shooter really necessary?  you started that crap fierce, now live with getting put in your place = dunce-ville

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Come on, acie, is the name calling really necessary?

I try to talk basketball and you resort to name calling.

It's a fact, acie, even when the Celtics win you still complain. There's no point in engaging you with basketball talk because win or lose you still complain.

there is such a thing, fierce, as prescience.  the ability to see where things are going, a/k/a discernment.  this team is going nowhere right now just as it is going nowhere with rondo as the centerpiece. 

i am sorry if you find honesty so appalling.  no i'm not sorry.  i don't give a crap what you think.  time and again you just invent theories that are easily proven wrong.  bass is a sandbagger just like blount was.  the two situations and personalities are so divergent it's ridiculous. 

then you go on to blather than "doc never banned bass from the post".  well, yes he did.  but you're not man enough to admit when you're wrong.  you just pick another piece of minutia and start whining.

i'm a big picture guy.  the c's have a legacy to live up to.  lots of wrong moves were made that we have to mitigate to compete like the front office SAID we were going to- remember that?!  it's not an easy task, but hamstringing bass and the three other pieces plus barbosa that were brought in to help all showing up befuddled more often than not.....  one win does not erase the problem at hand.

and 7 years of rondo being rondo does not go away with a thirty point performance.  it WILL take him the 1 game before and the two after to score his next thirty points.  right now he sits at 17 pts in two games.  wrapped around a 30 pointer.  he should be 18 a night by now.  automatic.  has the skills plus some to do it.

i'm sorry that i demand excellence just like red used to.  to me, it's brutal and disgusting to watch players underachieve in a wanton manner and a coach make unprovoked mistakes and fail to integrate the talent that COULD help us to be in a position to compete at a decent respectable level

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

OK, we can go that route. I tried to be nice but that didn't work.

It's true, acie, your profile, the way you complain or how unhappy you are win or lose tells us you have that inner Adam Lanza in you.

fierce you need to book an appointment with a shrink.  you have a really substantial personality disorder if this is what you are left with as a "debate weapon". 

you were a dingbat so i called you a moron for being a moron.  you earned it.  just like you've crawled all over me for being wrong about gortat's contract- that i admitted I WAS WRONG ABOUT- but you are such a lilliputian that you can never admit you are wrong.

i'm no shrink but i smell narcissism mixed up with a lot of weeks/years in momma's basement catching up with you

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

You see how easy it is to pull your strings, acie! 

Complain, complain, complain, and more complains!

BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, AND BANG!!!

That's acie!

Go acie! Go!

You're like an AR-15, acie, 800 complains per minute! Wow!

fierce, you are a bazooka of incorrect information, that when called to accountability you are too small of a person to admit you were wrong and resort to calling the person holding you accountable a mass murderer. 

that is some serious delusional thinking.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Acie Earl MVP? 

Only a moron would use Acie Earl as an avatar. What's worse is that moron even considers Acie Earl an MVP. HAHAHA

satire fierce.  small minds cannot understand two syllable words much of the time

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Acie Earl MVP? 

Only a moron would use Acie Earl as an avatar. What's worse is that moron even considers Acie Earl an MVP. HAHAHA

what about the two links i posted re: doc's BANNING bass from the post and bass BY THE NUMBERS not being a bad post option?

just the gun stuff is all you got?  kind of ironic since you habitually shoot blanks....

you are incapable of debate or any intellectual activity.  when you are found to be wrong you have a massive tantrum.  immaturity + heaping coverings with crazy sauce to go the "AR-15" route.....  glad i don't know ya because you're the kind who would reach for a weapon to compensate for your otherwise small-ness of character

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.