How to Identify a Hater in Disguise

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

How to Identify a Hater in Disguise

Someone who tries to create a perception that they are nuetral about issues or players and uses  psychobabble and subterfuge to bolster their own biased opinion....  while calling out anyone who doesn't agree, as a hater.  The proverbial wolf in sheep's clothing.  or in this case, a jock sniff in Rondo's underpants.  

Let me tell you the difference between a "hater" and an "honest" person:

I think Rondo is over-rated.  I don't like Rondo's affect on the team.  I don't like his petulant behavior.  I hope Rondo is traded.  - That is my honest opinion.  

as opposed to:

so and so doesn't believe Rondo is great, so that person is a hater.  This is an example of a person who is intolerant of opposing opinions and doesn't confront the opinion, but rather attacks the PERSON.  He is the hater.  

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: How to Identify a Hater in Disguise

and Haters beware - an anagram for "Ore Ida" is "I Adore".  So come to the light. Be part of the real team of adorable anti-haters that believe Rondo blows and should be traded.     

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Dunk, your logic and straightforward delivery is priceless, and nearly always on the money. NICE!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

First off, you're not a hater El Dunker, you're a Celts fan with a passionate and strong opinion. Being called a hater would not be fair. 

However, when you say: 

" think Rondo is over-rated.  I don't like Rondo's affect on the team.  I don't like his petulant behavior.  I hope Rondo is traded.  - That is my honest opinion.  "

It is not hatred but it is an opinion driven from what I can tell by emotionalism rather than a more balanced view of pros and conts. The fact is that Rondo has played very well in big games, particularly during the playoffs. You also failed to mention Rondo wants badly to win, enough that he was attempting some assistant coaching on the sidelines last year. 

You could still be critical of Rondo, heavily critical, and also acknowledge his strengths. It would make your opinion more interesting and carry more weight. All players have pros and cons. Rondo for example may be overrated (depends on who you ask) but he is not overpaid, he would be if he is on a max contract, but he is not. 

I think Rondo took to heart the way the team seemed liberated and passed the ball better after he went out. I think he deserves the chance to show that he learned his lesson from that. 

Either way, I suspect Ainge will play him for a while and see if he can establish his value. Then he is sure to listen to offers. Finally, I think point guards are overrated in general - not just Rondo but the position. Since Magic Johnson and Isiah which points guards have led their team to championships? None.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

First off, you're not a hater El Dunker, you're a Celts fan with a passionate and strong opinion. Being called a hater would not be fair. 

However, when you say: 

" think Rondo is over-rated.  I don't like Rondo's affect on the team.  I don't like his petulant behavior.  I hope Rondo is traded.  - That is my honest opinion.  "

It is not hatred but it is an opinion driven from what I can tell by emotionalism rather than a more balanced view of pros and conts. The fact is that Rondo has played very well in big games, particularly during the playoffs. You also failed to mention Rondo wants badly to win, enough that he was attempting some assistant coaching on the sidelines last year. 

You could still be critical of Rondo, heavily critical, and also acknowledge his strengths. It would make your opinion more interesting and carry more weight. All players have pros and cons. Rondo for example may be overrated (depends on who you ask) but he is not overpaid, he would be if he is on a max contract, but he is not. 

I think Rondo took to heart the way the team seemed liberated and passed the ball better after he went out. I think he deserves the chance to show that he learned his lesson from that. 

Either way, I suspect Ainge will play him for a while and see if he can establish his value. Then he is sure to listen to offers. Finally, I think point guards are overrated in general - not just Rondo but the position. Since Magic Johnson and Isiah which points guards have led their team to championships? None.

Spanker, I have described what I believe are Rondo's strengths in many posts.  In fact I posted a a specific strengths and weaknesses thread.  To reiterate:

Rondo is a superb passer. Assist records.  (but occasionally gets careless, ie. high turn-over rate)

Rondo knows how to play excellent defense.  all pro two years ago (but he has been aweful recently)

Rondo brings the team energy (but sometimes he shuts it down especailly against weaker teams)

Rondo is effective driving to the hoop.

Rondo is an excellent rebounder for a guard

Rondo plays very well in playoff games.

Rondo has passion (sometimes this is good, but sometimes bad when he can't control his temper)

There may be more positives, but I do not believe that Rondo consistently displays his strengths. And his weaknesses (which I will not summarize) out-weigh his strengths, IMO, especially moving into his big contract year.