How to identify a hater

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

How to identify a hater

The surest sign that someone who posts here is a hater is his need to invent justifications for his negative opinions based on his evaluations of a player's psychology, and to state them as if they were facts.

Things that a trained and experienced psychiatrist could not know about a person without an extensive set of evaluation sessions, a hater states as if he is privy to the inner workings of their target's conscious and subconscious mind.

In addition, the hater will frequently impugn the contrary opinions of others as manifestations of some psychological disorder. 

Another sure sign of a hater is his adamant stance that any positive statement from a knowledgeable person in a position to closely observe the player on and off the court is deliberately untrue and is made with ulterior motives that (unsurprisingly) are fully in line with the hater's negative opinion.  

(I will leave it to others to speculate as to what is revealed about a hater's own psychological state that he feels the need to justify mere opinions with these kinds of psychological "insights".)

Based on the above, I think it would not be difficult to identify any haters who post on this very site.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: How to identify a hater

Welcome back, J/C.... its been years since your last post.

Still stirrin' the pot I see.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Thank you Dr. Cole.  I feel much better now.  

But could you please clarify two of your assumptions:

1.  Could you please let us know who the "knowledgeable persons" are, to make sure we don't question thier opinions (and threfore become a hater). 

2. Please explain... given you logic, if YOU have "negative feelings" about haters, are YOU then in fact a hater?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

So, JERRYcole, you are at least one of the following two things:

1. You are a HATER OF ALL HATERS, or

2. You are a member of the Rondo Brotherhood looking to run for R9R's possibly vacated seat as COO resulting from his recent revelation that he now thinks the Celtics will be a winning team despite Rondo's absence. If I may, "JERRY's KIDS" would be an appropriate and perfect rebranding of the group once you take over!

Either way, THANKS for proving that it takes a Hater to know a Hater and for making this sooooo easy..........."JERRYcole for Jerry's Kids in 2014!!!" LOL!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

What is the opposite of a hater?  It takes one (the opposite) to know one (hater).

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

Eldunker, the "knowledgeable people" of whom I speak are general managers, coaches, teammates, Hall of Famers (especially those who played the same position).  People whose judgments about the players in the game generally deserve respect. 

RallyC, no, I don't hate haters.  I am amused by some, annoyed by others, and feel sorry for a few.  I am most annoyed by those who make personal attacks on everyone who doesn't share their opinion of the object of their fixation.

Pud, 1) thank you, 2) right back atcha.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to jerrycole's comment:

Eldunker, the "knowledgeable people" of whom I speak are general managers, coaches, teammates, Hall of Famers (especially those who played the same position).  People whose judgments about the players in the game generally deserve respect. 

So you think that opposing players, coaches and GMs are going to go public and express their negative opinion about Rondo's weaknesses ?? LOL. Other than Ray Allen, who did play with Rondo, thats just not how it works.  

Do you understand that the people IN the game manipulate the press and other teams and players with their comments for their own good?  Forget about Danny's public statements, Bill Russell and Red beat Wilt primarily by using manipulative superlatives.  

and Isn't this board about OUR opinions?  or maybe you think we should just post the opinions of your experts and we all get in line and just read their perspective to save us any potential for hate?

I have a better idea.  Question everything.  Support free speech.  and Look at the statistics for starters.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

RallyC, no, I don't hate haters.  I am amused by some, annoyed by others, and feel sorry for a few.  I am most annoyed by those who make personal attacks on everyone who doesn't share their opinion of the object of their fixation.

And no one gets more personal than J/C.

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

Reasonable enough, JC.  So, are you saying that you agree that with all of the evidence before us about Rajon and his volatile disposition and sometimes stat houndish me first playing style, it is absolutely rediculous that there are those who are in denial about the facts and are fixated on 
    defending him with excuse after excuse in an attempt to justify why he should stay with OUR favorite team??? Keep in mind that our team is comprised of an impressionable, nearly whole new cast, and a first time NBA coach after having lost 3-HOFers and a supposed top 5-NBA coach who openly protected him from his immaturity in every way.

Before you answer, please indulge me just a little longer.............

Are the haters here the one's who refuse to acknowledge the shortcomings that have been well documented and insist that Rajon should remain on my favorite team because they like Rajon the individual player, and are vehemently upset with ANYONE would dare promote the idea of seeing Rondo traded, or is it those who have given him their patience over the last 5+ years awaiting true growth and maturity that never came and now see a potential catastrophe that could result in a decade of mediocrity for our storied franchise if he remains to play with us and not only hasn't developed mentally and emotionally, but has regressed physically due to his ACL? Thoughts??? Standing by.............

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

[QUOTE]

Reasonable enough, JC.  So, are you saying that you agree that with all of the evidence before us about Rajon and his volatile disposition and sometimes stat houndish me first playing style, it is absolutely rediculous that there are those who are in denial about the facts and are fixated on 
    defending him with excuse after excuse in an attempt to justify why he should stay with OUR favorite team??? Keep in mind that our team is comprised of an impressionable, nearly whole new cast, and a first time NBA coach after having lost 3-HOFers and a supposed top 5-NBA coach who openly protected him from his immaturity in every way.

....,,if he remains to play with us and not only hasn't developed mentally and emotionally, but has regressed physically due to his ACL? Thoughts??? Standing by.............

Who's this "us"?  If you've cracked the roster, I want to be the fist to congratulate you.   I don't think JC actually said alleged haters can't offer their opinions only that opinions are just that and being in possession of fact, not supposition, is better than guessing or being motivated by an emotional agenda.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to painter's comment:

In response to RallyC's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

....,,if he remains to play with us and not only hasn't developed mentally and emotionally, but has regressed physically due to his ACL? Thoughts??? Standing by.............

Who's this "us"?  If you've cracked the roster, I want to be the fist to congratulate you.   I don't think JC actually said alleged haters can't offer their opinions only that opinions are just that and being in possession of fact, not supposition, is better than guessing or being motivated by an emotional agenda.  

First, nope not on the roster but its a figure of speach used by a lifelong Boston sports team fan who has a sense of sharing in and having a part in the teams' history having been to a couple hundred games at the Garden and sharing a few high fives with Bird and Reggie and even PP as they ran the sidelines after a few big shots. Second, if i was talking to you i woulda said "hey stupid!"  Im certain JC can respond fine for himself and I'd prefer to hear his factual response vs. Your "supposition" as to what you think he's saying. Follow your own advice, man, damn! Now then, efoff! Thats what you get........act like a dyck, get treated like one. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

JerryCole,

Very good summary. Thanks.

AK

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

Eldunker, yes, I do think that GMs, coaches, teammates, and especially HOFers will sometimes go public with their negative opinions.  GMs and coaches do it to send a message, for instance. Doc did it so often that he was frequently charged, on this very site, with throwing players under the bus.  Teammates do it to backbite or cut someone down to size or to send a message that the coach doesn't want associated directly with him.  Some Hall of Famers, who don't have to curry favor, weigh every word carefully, or keep their opinions to themselves, are often quite outspoken with their criticisms and praise.

I call your attention to Magic Johnson, for instance.  He is very free with his opinions.  And he has stated more than once that Rajon Rondo was the best point guard in the league.  Our own Bob Cousy stated that Rondo was the best point guard the Celtics have ever had.  I don't completely agree with either of those opinions, but if I had a negative opinion of Rondo, I'd have to think long and hard about whether my opinion was valid.  

Nowhere have I suggested that people aren't entitled to their opinions.  It's when people express their opinions as facts, and concoct specious psychological conclusions based on little more than their own fevered imaginations, that one has to wonder about the reasons behind their opinions.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

"Nowhere have I suggested that people aren't entitled to their opinions.  It's when people express their opinions as facts, and concoct specious psychological conclusions based on little more than their own fevered imaginations, that one has to wonder about the reasons behind their opinions."

Its called overwhelming fatigue and frustration from observing a blatantly obvious dysfunction hampering team cohesion and success. There is no doubt that Rondo's physical attributes, athleticism, and agility make him the most gited PG the Celtics have ever had from the prototypical perspective  Best, no way in hell. Unfortunately, his "gifts" alone dont translate to on the floor leadership and laser consistency in his performance. Rondo just hasnt worked and the consensus is that its more about between the ears than his physical capabilities.

With respect to Magic, Cousey opinions, they are absolutely slanted to the physical abilities and are using politically correct, player code answers that they should be when sharing their personal opinions about another, presently active, market relevant NBA player. I know what i've seen and what many have written about which manifests on the court right in front of us. As such, i am comfortable in saying enough is enough. Rondo's negatives kill his attributes. I have had plenty of time to consider what i have seen Since 07. My background provides me with adequate knowledge to make my assessment and be confident in it. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

Rally,

Rondo's supposed "me first" playing style is, in my opinion, one of those psychologically-based criticisms for which there is no proof, and not even any evidence.  It is, I think, a mis-guided attempt to turn one of Rondo's unqualified strengths into a supposed weakness so as to justify ones' opinion when there are very few facts available for that purpose.

To turn Rondo's assists into a negative is, in effect, to accuse Hall of Famer John Stockton of having been selfish. Stockton's scoring average was even lower than what we've seen from Rondo the last several years.  But I don't remember a lot of criticisms that Stockton should have taken more shots and passed to Malone less often.   

An accusation that a player has a "me first" playing style has never before been associated with those who create baskets for their teammates, so it's kind of amusing that Rondo's critics have seized upon that criticism to justify their negativity.  

As for Rondo's volatile disposition, I see a lot more positives coming from that than I do negatives. Not the least of the positives is how he channels his emotions to enable him to become one of the two best playoff performers in the league. Another is how he rises to challenge of playing against the other top point guards, more often than not outplaying them.  To mention the negatives without taking into account any of the positives that stem from that volatility is, in my opinion, just another attempt to try to turn a positive into a negative.

As for Rondo's growth and maturity "that never came", allow me to point out that you probably sat and watched as Rondo became a very good outside shooter without your even noticing it! In fact, I bet that you're one of those who dismissed as unimportant his outside shooting percentage last season - one of the best for NBA PGs.  And I wouldn't be surprised to find that you are one of those who absolutely hammered Rondo for his poor shooting, characterizing it as a fatal flaw.  But when it becomes a strength, it's not even worth mentioning, is it?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

Painter,

Your post in which you "spoke for me" (as a vehement critic described it) was an excellent synopsis of what I was trying to say.  If that post is an example, then you can "speak for me" anytime! Thanks.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

but if I had a negative opinion of Rondo, I'd have to think long and hard about whether my opinion was valid.  

Not to worry, J/C.

You'll never, ever have a negative opinion about Rondo..... not as long as he wears Celtic green.

Now a change of uniforms.... and  all bets are off.

Pud

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Rally,

Rondo's supposed "me first" playing style is, in my opinion, one of those psychologically-based criticisms for which there is no proof, and not even any evidence.  It is, I think, a mis-guided attempt to turn one of Rondo's unqualified strengths into a supposed weakness so as to justify ones' opinion when there are very few facts available for that purpose.

To turn Rondo's assists into a negative is, in effect, to accuse Hall of Famer John Stockton of having been selfish. Stockton's scoring average was even lower than what we've seen from Rondo the last several years.  But I don't remember a lot of criticisms that Stockton should have taken more shots and passed to Malone less often.   

An accusation that a player has a "me first" playing style has never before been associated with those who create baskets for their teammates, so it's kind of amusing that Rondo's critics have seized upon that criticism to justify their negativity.  

As for Rondo's volatile disposition, I see a lot more positives coming from that than I do negatives. Not the least of the positives is how he channels his emotions to enable him to become one of the two best playoff performers in the league. Another is how he rises to challenge of playing against the other top point guards, more often than not outplaying them.  To mention the negatives without taking into account any of the positives that stem from that volatility is, in my opinion, just another attempt to try to turn a positive into a negative.

As for Rondo's growth and maturity "that never came", allow me to point out that you probably sat and watched as Rondo became a very good outside shooter without your even noticing it! In fact, I bet that you're one of those who dismissed as unimportant his outside shooting percentage last season - one of the best for NBA PGs.  And I wouldn't be surprised to find that you are one of those who absolutely hammered Rondo for his poor shooting, characterizing it as a fatal flaw.  But when it becomes a strength, it's not even worth mentioning, is it?

"Debating" J/C is  waste of time. Try talking to a fence post.

He refuses to concede even the most minor point.... and he gets more and more combative when you don't agree with him.

Its quite a show.

UGH!

Pud

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

Rally,

Perhaps my experience will prove useful to you.  When I began to feel fatigued and frustrated as a participant here on this site, I just took a long vacation from it.  It worked wonders! I’ve returned rejeuvenated!  Perhaps you should consider a similar long vacation, starting in December when Rondo returns to lead the Celtics. It couldn’t hurt and it might help you.  At least you wouldn’t have to either: a) post with even greater fatigue and frustration, or b) suffer the embarrassment of having to admit that your total dismissal of Rondo’s leadership was greatly mistaken.

Also, though I hesitate to mention it, your attempt to make what Cousy and Magic very plainly stated mean the exact opposite comes perilously close to matching one of my criteria for identifying a you-know-what.      

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

Upon looking back at his first post on this thread, doesn't it seem a bit ironic that Pud accused someone else of "stirrin' the pot"?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Rally,

Perhaps my experience will prove useful to you.  When I began to feel fatigued and frustrated as a participant here on this site, I just took a long vacation from it.  It worked wonders! I’ve returned rejeuvenated!  Perhaps you should consider a similar long vacation, starting in December when Rondo returns to lead the Celtics. It couldn’t hurt and it might help you.  At least you wouldn’t have to either: a) post with even greater fatigue and frustration, or b) suffer the embarrassment of having to admit that your total dismissal of Rondo’s leadership was greatly mistaken.

Also, though I hesitate to mention it, your attempt to make what Cousy and Magic very plainly stated mean the exact opposite comes perilously close to matching one of my criteria for identifying a you-know-what.      

Dude, I'm sorry but in addition to being a hypocrite - ie, chastising another poster: "suffer the embarrassment of having to admit that your total dismisal of Rondo's leadership was greatly mistaken" as FACT and not an OPINION.  but you also come across as an arrogant, holier than thou, know-it-all.  We get it. You tried to bolster Rondoids as non-haters while you hate about those who do not agree with your melodic psychobabble crap.  You sound tired after only one OP.  Now do us all a favor and go take another long break from this board.  

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

LOL.  That was classic.  Bravo.  

ps:  the above response was only my opinion.  I am not making a claim that it is indisputable fact.  You would have to go check with the experts on that.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

Rally,

"Rondo's supposed "me first" playing style is, in my opinion, one of those psychologically-based criticisms for which there is no proof, and not even any evidence.  It is, I think, a mis-guided attempt to turn one of Rondo's unqualified strengths into a supposed weakness so as to justify ones' opinion when there are very few facts available for that purpose."

Well, then, how much more obvious can you be? With no mention or acknowledgement to the fact that Rondo was suspended for actual contact with league officials TWICE RECENTLY tells me who and what you really are. At least acknowledge how strategically poor having a PG, the player who touches the ball most, who struggles so at the line is. You are intoxicated with your own fantasy as a Rondo admirer and deny what the facts are by merely ignoring whats really happened just like any other member of the Rondo Brotherhood, Homey! Your perspective is one of a Rondo apologist who rationalizes all of his faults and weaknesses. HE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH his present 0-8 streak either, i know. I know. Nuff saId. please, go back to your cave. You're a dime a dozen here already.