How to identify a hater

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Re: How to identify a hater

In response to jerrycole's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rally,

Perhaps my experience will prove useful to you.  When I began to feel fatigued and frustrated as a participant here on this site, I just took a long vacation from it.  It worked wonders! I’ve returned rejeuvenated!  Perhaps you should consider a similar long vacation, starting in December when Rondo returns to lead the Celtics. It couldn’t hurt and it might help you.  At least you wouldn’t have to either: a) post with even greater fatigue and frustration, or b) suffer the embarrassment of having to admit that your total dismissal of Rondo’s leadership was greatly mistaken.

Also, though I hesitate to mention it, your attempt to make what Cousy and Magic very plainly stated mean the exact opposite comes perilously close to matching one of my criteria for identifying a you-know-what.      

I'll be right here to rub your rejuvinated face in his failure IF DA CANT DUMP HIM BEFORE THE DEADLINE. i'm gonna ride you like a horse baby. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to nyjetsssucc's comment:

In response to RallyC's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Rally,

"Rondo's supposed "me first" playing style is, in my opinion, one of those psychologically-based criticisms for which there is no proof, and not even any evidence.  It is, I think, a mis-guided attempt to turn one of Rondo's unqualified strengths into a supposed weakness so as to justify ones' opinion when there are very few facts available for that purpose."

Well, then, how much more obvious can you be? With no mention or acknowledgement to the fact that Rondo was suspended for actual contact with league officials TWICE RECENTLY tells me who and what you really are. At least acknowledge how strategically poor having a PG, the player who touches the ball most, who struggles so at the line is. You are merely intoxicated with your own fantasy as a Rondo admirer and deny what the facts are by merely ignoring whats really happened just like any other member of the Rondo Brotherhood, Homey! Your perspective is one of a Rondo apologist who rationalizes all of his faults and weaknesses. HE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH his present 0-8 streak either, i know. I know. Nuff saId. 

Well...at least we found out who the head of the RONDO YOUTH BRIGADE is

RONDO

DUDE, thank God for you, Dunk, Karl, Pud, etc. !!!!!!!!!!!! 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

what about tomobo, rally? he's got game, right? what, you guys have a falling out?   

bp

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

what about tomobo, rally? he's got game, right? what, you guys have a falling out?   

bp

Im sorry BP, i forgot you too! You funny SOB. Luv ya man! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

I love KG to death, but his exploits by far excede anything Rondo has done. Things happen in the heat of the moment that alot of us wish we could take back. Should we rub their nose in it for all eternity? Have we no understanding of that? Are we not guilty of that ourselves? Bumping refs, getting in their face, throwing things at them is less embarrassing then Paul (one of our captains)wrapping his head with ACE bandages for a post-game press conference. So what. That doesn't change my feelings of PP either.

No need to single out one person, when hypocrisy runs rampant throughout everyones' posts on this board. Speaking of hypocrisy, I laugh when I read over-exaggerations and name-calling, but it's Rondo who's immature. Funny stuff 

"It's when people express their opinions as facts, and concoct specious psychological conclusions based on little more than their own fevered imaginations, that one has to wonder about the reasons behind their opinions." - jerrycole

+1

Besides, haven't I heard all his over and over and over and over and over ........ Anyone have a cracker?

File:Sentinel parrots.jpg

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"DUDE, thank God for you, Dunk, Karl, Pud, etc. !!!!!!!!!!!!"

Yeah, I only want people on the forum that agree completely with my own opinions. No need to respect those who have different opinions or enjoy their viewpoints. 

Pud is only a good forum poster if you want every single thread, no matter what the topic, to devolve into another endless Rondo debate.  Pud was a good buddy of Dudder who actively posted prejudicial opinions during his time here and hasn't been back since he made a fool of himself with an anti-Celtics prediction.

Given Rondo will not be traded until he is back on the court, this kind of groupmindsheep anti-Rondo posturing is going to get really old. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Its so boring when people throw around the new nerd lingo..HATER.

ITs like when I first heard Stuart Scott on espn use the word "filthy" as in "filthy good" to describe how good a player was.... I prayed it wouldnt catch on.

Now we have the word HATER

...and as in the case with Rondo...  many Rondo supporters on this forum feel they are objective observers and basketball afficienado's whose opinions are based strictly on facts and confirmed by other basketball gods like Magic Johnson and Doc Rivers

...and any with opposing opinions is naturally a HATER,,, nothing more, just a HATER... Rondo doesnt shoot FTs well?  HATER!!  Gee, we were 0-8 when ROndo went down and immediately went on a long winning streak... HATER!!!!

Now feel free to question DOcs opinion of Rondo...just be sure to first publish your resume describing your NBA playing days, All star appearances and NBA coaching background... and be sure it exceeds anyone you feel the urge to differ with. BTW, dont use this clever strategy on ROndo supporters, it just means youre really a HATER

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

Oh dear, I seem to have stirred up a hornets nest.  Such vituperation! Very few facts, unfortunately, but lots of emotion makes up for that, right? Some of the reactions appear, however, to be based on misconceptions.  

Eldunker accused me of stating as a fact that Rally would "suffer the embarassment" of watching Rondo perform well.  In El's fervor, he appears to have missed that there were TWO alternatives presented - the first was that, following Rondo's return, Rally would continue to suffer the "fatigue and frustration" of having to watch Rondo do poorly (in Rally's judgment).  The second possibility was that Rally would "suffer the embarassment" of watching Rondo do well.  BTW, there was no claim made that those were the only alternatives, just that those two bad alternatives could both be avoided if Rally took a vacation from watching a team that was already causing him such angst.

Rally's first reaction was a little difficult for me to follow - my fault, surely, for which I apologize.  To his credit, after showing a post of mine that wasa response to Rally's charge that Rondo was a "me first" player, Rally responded by presenting two actual facts. Normally, I would applaud such an effort.  However, the facts that he presented appeared to me to have no relevance to the question of Rondo's supposed "me first" style.  Hence, my confusion.  I'm hoping he (Rally) will respond by demonstrating the relevancy of his points, to which I will then respond.

As for the touching displays of solidarity that followed, while it did appear to me that the self-referential group that was identified was a little small, I do not hold that up as any kind of judgment as to the validity of their opinions.  It did seem to me, however, that some of the responses showed signs of what I identified in my first post in this thread.  I hope I'm wrong about that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

Oh dear, I seem to have stirred up a hornets nest.  Such vituperation! Very few facts, unfortunately, but lots of emotion makes up for that, right? Some of the reactions appear.......

JC, it appears that explaining yourself ad nauseum is an obsession. No wonder you needed a long break. Oh, and forgive me for not responding the way You would like for me to. My bad. Keep in mind, that gaining your approval isnt necessary for me, nor will it ever be expected. As Pud warned here, you are certainly a fence post, but with enough paint brush in ya to cover up the issues by brushing over the items that you have no real explanation for. Thanks for your very slanted synopsis. It is deceptive to say the least. Lastly, if you think that someone can experience emotions like embarrassment while posting under a screen name/alias, then your psyche is weaker than your synopsis. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

J/C is quite the provocative high wire act.

And when his wire breaks, he is magically.... blessedly.... gondo!

Pud 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

J/C is quite the provocative high wire act.

And when his wire breaks, he is magically.... blessedly.... gondo!

Pud 

Probably because he already got what he needed from all the angry, chest thumping responses from his targets.

You guys are easy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]

bp

Yeah Tomobo and Rally both think each other is in love with  each other apparently.  I think they protest too much.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

bp

Yeah Tomobo and Rally both think each other is in love with  each other apparently.  I think they protest too much.

keep your dream alive Snake. I hope it works for ya. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

Gee, Rally, I didn't want you to feel that I'd backed you into a corner or something regarding your confusing (confused?) response to my post in response to your charge that Rondo was a "me first" player.  You replied with something about pushing refs and free throws.  Perhaps, upon reflection, you will realize why such off topic matters would create confusion given the context.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

Karliost, there is a world of difference between disagreeing with someone's opinion and calling him/her a hater.  As it has evolved in sports discussions, the word "hater" is used to describe someone who has an irrational or over-the-top dislike of a sports figure.  Some of those who post here have criticisms of, for instance. Rondo - but by no means are they haters.  As Celtics fans, they truly want Rondo to overcome the flaws they see in him and will root for him to do that as long as he is a Celtic.  

Others, however, deserve that label "hater" because of the intensity of their dislike, their complete inability to see any positive aspect of the object of their dislike, their desire to get rid of that person without regard for what is offered in return, their need to concoct psychological diagnoses to support their opinions, etc.

It is my observation that, generally, those on this forum who hold favorable opinions of Rondo have not been the ones attacking other posters.  (Note that I said "generally".) Those who are haters are the attackers, generally, and they attack unprovoked by anything other than another poster's disagreeing with them.

Let me suggest an experiment: make two lists of posters here: one of the Rondo supporters and the other of those who want to get rid of him.  Now identify the ones who, generally, are quick to attack those who merely disagree with them, to call names, to resort to ridicule, etc.  My bet is that there will a much higher percentage of such posters on the second list than on the first.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

oops! this post self-deleted so as not to detract from far more substantive post immediately preceeding ^

bp

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to nyjetsssucc's comment:

[QUOTE]

Gee, Rally, I didn't want you to feel that I'd backed you into a corner or something regarding your confusing (confused?) response to my post in response to your charge that Rondo was a "me first" player.  You replied with something about pushing refs and free throws.  Perhaps, upon reflection, you will realize why such off topic matters would create confusion given the context.

Ya know, Rally is an intelligent poster who doesn't pull punches.....he, like most thinking people, have little patience with either phonies, trolls or stupid (as oppossed to ignorant) individuals who demand their right to make public pronouncements and draw fire upon themselves like Canadian geese flying south for the winter over the Michigan Malitia Fall Jamboree...stupid can't be cured...Rally is a nice guy...you sound like the man for which  the term "herp derp" was created .

I cant stop laughing!!!!  You are right! When i think of Jerrycole, this is the mental picture that I will see moving forward. PERFECT. NICE! LOL!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

Poor JC. Your ignorance to how "me first" player and 2-suspensions due to a lack of discipline relate to one another speaks volumes about your ignorance on TEAM culture. I am embarrassed for you JC. let me teach you:

Acts of selflessness reveal a TEAM first mentality, while individual acts of immaturity that cost the TEAM are acts thinking "me first". When a player loses his temper and costs the TEAM in doing so, that is "me first" because the individual cares more about personal expression than he does protecting the TEAMs best interests. Now then JC, go away, AGAIN. Damn, you must be "embarrassed"? It might help if you speak on subjects youre familiar with moving forward. You obviously never engaged in TEAM SPORTS personaly, else you'd grasp this basic WINNING concept. Its not OK for you to pretend, JC. It can lead to your so called "embarrassment. FYSA, Ive been there and done that at the highest level. So, time for you to go take another vacation. Bye-bye.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Calling Dr. Cole, Dr. Jerry. Dr Cole.!!

You're wanted back at McLean Hospital, Patient Building B.  Visiting hours are over, or in your case, individual computer time.  Your medication seems to be working extraordinarily well.  The adoreable gentlemen on the boston.com Celtics forum say you are quite polite, but perhaps too sedated to make any sense.  However, we are making progress!!.  But you are advised NOT TO WATCH Rajon Rondo play basketball this coming season.  You must not suffer another violent episode.  And I'm sure that you are quite aware that we will not be able to perform yet another lobotomy.  There just isn't enough brain left to remove. So return to your padded cell #9 immediately and say 15 hail Rondos before night night. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

I suggested the following in an earlier post:

".... make two lists of posters here: one of the Rondo supporters and the other of those who want to get rid of him.  Now identify the ones who, generally, are quick to attack those who merely disagree with them, to call names, to resort to ridicule, etc."

For anyone interested iin pursuing that thought experiment, the page two posts might be a good place to start.