How to identify a hater

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: How to identify a hater

In response to jerrycole's comment:

Karliost, there is a world of difference between disagreeing with someone's opinion and calling him/her a hater.  As it has evolved in sports discussions, the word "hater" is used to describe someone who has an irrational or over-the-top dislike of a sports figure.  Some of those who post here have criticisms of, for instance. Rondo - but by no means are they haters.  As Celtics fans, they truly want Rondo to overcome the flaws they see in him and will root for him to do that as long as he is a Celtic.  

Others, however, deserve that label "hater" because of the intensity of their dislike, their complete inability to see any positive aspect of the object of their dislike, their desire to get rid of that person without regard for what is offered in return, their need to concoct psychological diagnoses to support their opinions, etc.

It is my observation that, generally, those on this forum who hold favorable opinions of Rondo have not been the ones attacking other posters.  (Note that I said "generally".) Those who are haters are the attackers, generally, and they attack unprovoked by anything other than another poster's disagreeing with them.

Let me suggest an experiment: make two lists of posters here: one of the Rondo supporters and the other of those who want to get rid of him.  Now identify the ones who, generally, are quick to attack those who merely disagree with them, to call names, to resort to ridicule, etc.  My bet is that there will a much higher percentage of such posters on the second list than on the first.

Jerry, instead of wasting time with your "Who done it" posts, why dont you cut to the chase and provide us your list of HATERS??? Doesnt that make a lot more sense and wouldnt it save many of us further brain damage from following your diatribe?

Also, are you suggesting that a certain "intensity" of dislike equates to hating?  Wouldnt that just contradict the word dislike...sorta like.... I dislike you so much its actually hate but Im sticking with disliking you  a whole bunch instead..

Also, I dont know anyone on this forum who doesnt recognize any positive aspect of Rondos game. None.. Many have issues with Rondo and his perceived greatness but certainly never dismissing every aspect of his game. I think youre really grasping for straws here trying to make a point.

The remained of your post regarding the HATERS are the ones on the attack of anyone in disagreement with them is ridiculous. The norm is people criticizing Rondo are generally attacked, usually with the word HATER just as you have done.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

This is the essence of J/C's argument....

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Welcome back, J/C.... its been years since your last post.

Still stirrin' the pot I see.

Pud

not enough years since the last post.  this one reads like some cracker jack fortune telling mixed up with some sage jersey shore knowledge of "things in life"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

[/QUOTE]

Jerry, instead of wasting time with your "Who done it" posts, why dont you cut to the chase and provide us your list of HATERS??? Doesnt that make a lot more sense and wouldnt it save many of us further brain damage from following your diatribe?

Also, are you suggesting that a certain "intensity" of dislike equates to hating?  Wouldnt that just contradict the word dislike...sorta like.... I dislike you so much its actually hate but Im sticking with disliking you  a whole bunch instead..

Also, I dont know anyone on this forum who doesnt recognize any positive aspect of Rondos game. None.. Many have issues with Rondo and his perceived greatness but certainly never dismissing every aspect of his game. I think youre really grasping for straws here trying to make a point.

The remained of your post regarding the HATERS are the ones on the attack of anyone in disagreement with them is ridiculous. The norm is people criticizing Rondo are generally attacked, usually with the word HATER just as you have done.

[/QUOTE]

oh my.  now you are asking for a certain measure of "balls" that does not exist.  you see the whole point of such a rambling pot of ka-ka post is to provide a blanket condemnation of anyone who does not think like he does, whatever way that may be.

then you have the obligatory intellectually disabled disclaimer that anyone who comes to the table with any conviction or passion on a topic (that he does not agree with) is furthermore a hater. 

this is how the minds of a certain sector of people in this country work.  devising weak little plans to detract from people's credibility based on nothing but their own fantasy / inability to defend whatever they are pre-emptively moaning about, which the ONLY thing i can think of might be is: rondo, since incompetent crock doc rivers has made his way out of town.

so remember the jerry rules: do not disagree, and do not have any measure of passion about you if you do DARE to disagree.  that way he may stand a chance of throwing a few blanket insults at you and convincing you to just shut up and go away.  after all, who wants to be called a "hater", right?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

I suggested the following in an earlier post:

".... make two lists of posters here: one of the Rondo supporters and the other of those who want to get rid of him.  Now identify the ones who, generally, are quick to attack those who merely disagree with them, to call names, to resort to ridicule, etc."

For anyone interested iin pursuing that thought experiment, the page two posts might be a good place to start.

I am certain that you have been exposed to many a thought experiment.  Maybe one too many...........So, I'd bet they didn't let you use computers while you were on your "vacation" from BDC, eh? Did you meet the Wizard of Oz while away, JC?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

[QUOTE]

".... make two lists of posters here: one of the Rondo supporters and the other of those who want to get rid of him.  Now identify the ones who, generally, are quick to attack those who merely disagree with them, to call names, to resort to ridicule, etc."

For anyone interested iin pursuing that thought experiment, the page two posts might be a good place to start.

I am certain that you have been exposed to many a thought experiment.  Maybe one too many...........So, I'd bet they didn't let you use computers while you were on your "vacation" from BDC, eh? Did you meet the Wizard of Oz while away, JC?

Possibly a young Jerry being experimented on... could explain a lot

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

In response to RallyC's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Possibly a young Jerry being experimented on... could explain a lot

Indeed, Karl, yes indeed!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I have a better idea.  Why don't you and others:

1). Just growup and move on from the "hate" nonsense and talk about basketball.

2). Try to elevate your sense of humor.  We don't get much quality perspective on here, so at least we might as well be entertained and get a laugh now and then.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

Reading these page 3 comments moves me to suggest another criterion by which to judge who is and who is not a hater:

A hater is someone whose dislike for a sports figure causes him/her to post in simplistically aggreived terms.  This is usually revealed by statements stating their belief that posters who share their opinion are labelled haters simply because they disagree with the labeller.  If the most recent posts are any indication, this is a nearly universal trait among haters. 

(What's fascinating about this is that it may reveal their own Manichean tendencies which they are projecting onto others who disagree with them.)    

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

Reading these page 3 comments moves me to suggest another criterion by which to judge who is and who is not a hater:

A hater is someone whose dislike for a sports figure causes him/her to post in simplistically aggreived terms.  This is usually revealed by statements stating their belief that posters who share their opinion are labelled haters simply because they disagree with the labeller.  If the most recent posts are any indication, this is a nearly universal trait among haters. 

(What's fascinating about this is that it may reveal their own Manichean tendencies which they are projecting onto others who disagree with them.)    

I dont know where you came from or where you found this style of communication but here's a clue.....IT AIN'T WORKIN FOR YA. Your attempt to dazzle and amaze with your outlandish concepts only to distract the common readers here from the fact that you know nothing about the sport or its constituency is not only weak, but abusive to the oh so common folk who must read your drivel. Go post on CNN.com, they have a larger COMMON audience whom you might be able to fool. We here? BASKETBALL AND WHATS BEST FOR OUR CELTICS. tah-tah......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

From Karliost:

"Also, I dont know anyone on this forum who doesnt recognize any positive aspect of Rondos game. None."

Since some posters contributions do not seem to reflect any such judgments, perhaps you could point out some posts by those who are most likely to be labelled haters which include laudatory comments about Rondo which are not immediately followed by the word "but".

Also, you yourself could write a post in which you list and rate all the positive aspects of Rondo's game.  While this might well be difficult for you, it would clearly demonstrate the broadness of your thought and fairness of your judgment.   

For instance, if I were challenged to perform such a demonstration, I would, given my belief that Rondo is an excellent point guard, still be able to list these negatives:

He is not yet a good free throw shooter.

He occasionally, in the heat of a game he plays with great passion, loses his temper in a manner that costs his team.

He does not shoot enough.

He has not lately, for whatever reason, played defense as well as he can.

You see, it's not that difficult.  So, as the saying goes: "C'mon in - the water's fine."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I think our wacko friend Jerry is just another handle of a recent attention queen who has been exposed for what he is, and subsequently ignored by many on here, which has improved the quality of this forum...

JC.  The gig is over.  You're repetitive, boring, hypocritical (and despite your forced vocabulary), shallow.  Worse, you have absolutely nothing to say about basketball.  

I had fun deriding you, but you have become stale.  YOU ARE NOW ON IGNORE because there is nothing worse than an attention queen TROLL.     

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think our wacko friend Jerry is just another handle of a recent attention queen who has been exposed for what he is, and subsequently ignored by many on here, which has improved the quality of this forum...

JC.  The gig is over.  You're repetitive, boring, hypocritical (and despite your forced vocabulary), shallow.  Worse, you have absolutely nothing to say about basketball.  

I had fun deriding you, but you have become stale.  YOU ARE NOW ON IGNORE because there is nothing worse than an attention queen TROLL.     

NO! Dunk, it can't be! It isn't, is it?????! HA! Count me in.....IGNORE jerrycole for me!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

I'm devasted.

Wait!  There's hope!  Karliost has not yet weighed in!  Perhaps the third member of the trio will break with the others and continue a dialogue.  He may, at this very moment, be writing a thoughtful response to my post that was in response to his.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

jerry ain't me, elpetulance, and you've got neither of us on ignore. if certain of you turkeys are going to go on and on relentlessly dissing one of the acknowledged better and more interesting players in the league, then there's going to be some push back from at least a few of the many fans here who do appreciate what rondo brings. the more you obviously don't care for this fact the better i like it. i can't speak for jerryCole. regarding forced vocabulary, how many times have you ran detritus up the flagpole in the last few months?

bp

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

From Karliost:

"Also, I dont know anyone on this forum who doesnt recognize any positive aspect of Rondos game. None."

Since some posters contributions do not seem to reflect any such judgments, perhaps you could point out some posts by those who are most likely to be labelled haters which include laudatory comments about Rondo which are not immediately followed by the word "but".

Also, you yourself could write a post in which you list and rate all the positive aspects of Rondo's game.  While this might well be difficult for you, it would clearly demonstrate the broadness of your thought and fairness of your judgment.   

For instance, if I were challenged to perform such a demonstration, I would, given my belief that Rondo is an excellent point guard, still be able to list these negatives:

He is not yet a good free throw shooter.

He occasionally, in the heat of a game he plays with great passion, loses his temper in a manner that costs his team.

He does not shoot enough.

He has not lately, for whatever reason, played defense as well as he can.

You see, it's not that difficult.  So, as the saying goes: "C'mon in - the water's fine."

Sorry jerrrrrr, but you made the accusation, now provide the proof.

However, I am enjoying your book long posts each time your button get pushed..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

karl, speaking of going on too long, i wonder if jerry may have witnessed that titanic eSlugfest you lost to fierce over the summer.

bp

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

Karl, actually, since YOU made the emphatic assertion that there are NO posters here who don't recognize some of the positive aspects of Rondo's game, it's only fair that YOU provide the proof of what you asserted.  Otherwise, posters could go around making all kinds of assertions, without ever demonstrating their validity.  What kind of basketball discussion would that be?

Also, with regard to my other suggestion, you - and only you - could write a post listing the postive features of Rondo's games.  As I said before, I know that would be difficult for you, but please believe me, it is not impossible - as I demonstrated by listing some negative aspects of Rondo's game despite the fact that I am convinced that he is one of the best PGs in the NBA.

C'mon now.  Surely you can meet me halfway on this, and in the process provide convincing evidence that at least one of the Rondo critics is not a hater.

Now, of course you don't have to do this.  It would be a shame if you don't, though, as it would provide a standard of civility, fairness, and clear thinking to which everyone here could aspire.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Karl, actually, since YOU made the emphatic assertion that there are NO posters here who don't recognize some of the positive aspects of Rondo's game, it's only fair that YOU provide the proof of what you asserted.  Otherwise, posters could go around making all kinds of assertions, without ever demonstrating their validity.  What kind of basketball discussion would that be?

Also, with regard to my other suggestion, you - and only you - could write a post listing the postive features of Rondo's games.  As I said before, I know that would be difficult for you, but please believe me, it is not impossible - as I demonstrated by listing some negative aspects of Rondo's game despite the fact that I am convinced that he is one of the best PGs in the NBA.

C'mon now.  Surely you can meet me halfway on this, and in the process provide convincing evidence that at least one of the Rondo critics is not a hater.

Now, of course you don't have to do this.  It would be a shame if you don't, though, as it would provide a standard of civility, fairness, and clear thinking to which everyone here could aspire.  

Their blood has boiled over. I don't think they understand a damn thing you say. Clots. Can be deadly you know.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

J/C:

The burden of proof is on YOU,  since you make the charges, not on Karl who defends BDC posters against your criticisms.

Each/every BDC poster is unworthy of your charges unless/until you can make it stick.

You have access to the  archives.... so dig in.... make your case.... do your homework...and good luck.

Said another way.... 

Pud

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

J/C:

The burden of proof is on YOU,  since you make the charges, not on Karl who defends BDC posters against your criticisms.

Each/every BDC poster is unworthy of your charges unless/until you can make it stick.

You have access to the  archives.... so dig in.... make your case.... do your homework...and good luck.

Said another way.... 

Pud

The lady doth protest too much methinks?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

[QUOTE]

J/C:

Said another way.... 

Pud

The lady doth protest too much methinks?

All you do is poke. Never saying anything relevant about basketball or the C's. You are clearly the creepy one. Strangely, you embrace being divisive with your every post. Your act is so tired. I can only guess what has happened in your real life to make you so dilluded and hoping to spread angst. We'll pray for ya Snake. Keep smilin'. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:

jerry ain't me, elpetulance, and you've got neither of us on ignore. if certain of you turkeys are going to go on and on relentlessly dissing one of the acknowledged better and more interesting players in the league, then there's going to be some push back from at least a few of the many fans here who do appreciate what rondo brings. the more you obviously don't care for this fact the better i like it. i can't speak for jerryCole. regarding forced vocabulary, how many times have you ran detritus up the flagpole in the last few months?

bp

Of course not you Bp.  I have no issue with you, and encourage your opinion and perspectives.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

Dilluded?  A reference to pickles?