How will Rondo be blamed tonight?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: How will Rondo be blamed tonight?

In response to Karllost's comment:

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Jamez knows what was said and what was intended. He's not stupid.

Jamez would prefer a Rondo triple double over a Celtic win.... any time.

Pud

something tells me you are correct.

Obssessed with Rondo... dont criticize or point out a bigtime bonehead play or you'll get flooded with a stream of statistical posts and misquotes about what you allegedly posted.

Another bone headed play was,  I think Green that had a inbound pass picked off.  That hurt as well.  These plays count just as much as the 2 turnovers at the end of the game.  Momentum is huge in the NBA and those plays were huge momentum changers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Focusing in Rondo is crazy,  it is the rest of the Celtics that are the problem.  Rondo contributes with stupid plays but the team is shaky in crunch time and no longer as mentally tough as the opposition.  Can they get it back?  We'll see, it doesn't look good right now.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to basketbert's comment:

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

Rondo played great tonite, and should always be aggresive, but to those that say, "He has to do this every night", REALLY? He has to get a triple double every night for you guys to be satisfied? WOW.

For me, at this point in time, the ppg are the most important stat for rondo and the assists the least important. With this team, rondo has to average close to 20 ppg. I don't really mind him taking 15-20 shots to get it. It may develop his scoring.

Come on, that's not being realistic! Rondo has never been a scorer, he's a pass first PG.

It's like you're expecting KG to play like Tim Duncan. 

Just because the Celts need scoring it doesn't mean Rondo can do it. If you want scoring then get a scorer. Rondo is not Tony Parker or Westbrook. Trying to turn him into something he is not is not realistic.

I disagree on rondo.  He can be a scorer if he wants to.  He proved it last nite.  There is no reason he can't  do that game in and game out.  With our vets getting older he has to take charge on scoring.  It just comes down to taking open shots, which he has every game.  You also take a layup when it is there and don't pass it.  Assists are a over rated stat.  Bottom line is SOMEBODY has to put it in the basket.  I would rather RR average 8 assists a game and be counted on to score 18-25 a game.  Scoring would also make the opposing point guard work harder on the defensive end.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Sorry, but I think he can do it. Less focus on the assists and more on scoring. His rebounding is fine already.

Who else is going to score these days?

FWIW I agree that Rondo is not the main problem here

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Rondo played great tonite, and should always be aggresive, but to those that say, "He has to do this every night", REALLY? He has to get a triple double every night for you guys to be satisfied? WOW.

For me, at this point in time, the ppg are the most important stat for rondo and the assists the least important. With this team, rondo has to average close to 20 ppg. I don't really mind him taking 15-20 shots to get it. It may develop his scoring.

Come on, that's not being realistic! Rondo has never been a scorer, he's a pass first PG.

Just because the Celts need scoring it doesn't mean Rondo can do it. If you want scoring then get a scorer. Rondo is not Tony Parker or Westbrook. Trying to turn him into something he is not is not realistic.

I disagree on rondo.  He can be a scorer if he wants to.  He proved it last nite.  There is no reason he can't  do that game in and game out.  With our vets getting older he has to take charge on scoring.  It just comes down to taking open shots, which he has every game.  You also take a layup when it is there and don't pass it.  Assists are a over rated stat.  Bottom line is SOMEBODY has to put it in the basket.  I would rather RR average 8 assists a game and be counted on to score 18-25 a game.  Scoring would also make the opposing point guard work harder on the defensive end.

I agree completely.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Jamez knows what was said and what was intended. He's not stupid.

Jamez would prefer a Rondo triple double over a Celtic win.... any time.

Pud

something tells me you are correct.

Obssessed with Rondo... dont criticize or point out a bigtime bonehead play or you'll get flooded with a stream of statistical posts and misquotes about what you allegedly posted.

Another bone headed play was,  I think Green that had a inbound pass picked off.  That hurt as well.  These plays count just as much as the 2 turnovers at the end of the game.  Momentum is huge in the NBA and those plays were huge momentum changers.

There's a comical xmas video made about a certain ethnic group..  called the "_____" xmas...

Its xmas morn.. husband in robe n slippers sipping coffee.. opening his front door as he listens to his wife naggin and complaining about her not getting much for xmas... what a lousy husband etc.... the music is somewhat harsh.. 

In mid-complaint the husband opens the door a little wider, holds up keys in his hand... the wife looking confused, turns to see what's outside....  there, with a big bow on top is  her new car in the driveway.... shes beaming and the background music changes from somber to a symphony .....

THe husband smiles... the wife grins, as shes runs to the car looking back at him adoringly.... smiling ear to ear...

she gets in the car and turns the ignition...BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!

The camera pans back to the husband as he smirks, turns and shuts the door..  End...

The wife in this story represents Celtic fans watching Rondo on a breakaway layup deciding to be the assist king instead.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Don't agree. The diff between a poorish FT (64%) and good FT shooter (84%) means only two points per 10 FTs attempted, which is one (if that) more fgm per game or so. Should not be a problem. And a PG does not have to rely on 3 pointers.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

It's a given that Rondo can't bring it every night. Many here say he's an enigma. So why are you expecting Rondo to reach his full potential?

Rondo is just an All-Star caliber PG. Whether he reaches superstar status remains to be seen. 

You think he can be a scorer. I disagree. How can someone who only shoots 64% from the FT line and is not even a 3-point shooter become a scorer?

It's not that hard to figure out, Rondo lacks the tools to be a scorer. It's very difficult for a PG to score 20 per game if he's not a good FT shooter and a 3-point shooter.

Rondo a scorer? Won't happen.

I didn't say it WOULD happen,  I said he could and we need it to happen.  He didn't need 3 pt shots last nite did he?  You are both praising him and bashing him in the same breath.  I see no reason why he can't put up shots every game. Assists come a lot easier when you are a threat to score.  Not sure what tool your talking about.  Every Rondo supporter has said how good his shot is this year,  some say it is the best in the league from 15 feet or so. You don't have to shoot 3 pt shots to score 20 pts.  I watched Rondo shoot 3's against Durant at the All star game.  He can shoot them but chooses not to.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Sorry, but I think he can do it. Less focus on the assists and more on scoring. His rebounding is fine already.

FWIW I agree that Rondo is not the main problem here

Basketball 101, how can you become a scorer if you're not a good FT shooter and you're not a 3-point shooter?

Answer: Find the next Paul Pierce.

Basketball 101  - if you have a uncontested layup, take it.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

If you guys just want Rondo to be the 3rd option and being paid 11m per year then Rondo is good enough.

Asking Rondo to become something he is not is not being realistic.

Just like Jeff Green. We all know he's athletic, a good shooter, and has size, but he's very incosistent. Sometimes players don't live up to their potential.

No,  I want Rondo to be the first option,  not the 3rd.  Bottom line is we need someone to score.  i say that Rondo can score when he puts his mind to it.  He has shown it many times.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

It's a given that Rondo can't bring it every night. Many here say he's an enigma. So why are you expecting Rondo to reach his full potential?

Rondo is just an All-Star caliber PG. Whether he reaches superstar status remains to be seen. 

You think he can be a scorer. I disagree. How can someone who only shoots 64% from the FT line and is not even a 3-point shooter become a scorer?

It's not that hard to figure out, Rondo lacks the tools to be a scorer. It's very difficult for a PG to score 20 per game if he's not a good FT shooter and a 3-point shooter.

Rondo a scorer? Won't happen.

I didn't say it WOULD happen,  I said he could and we need it to happen.  He didn't need 3 pt shots last nite did he?  You are both praising him and bashing him in the same breath.  I see no reason why he can't put up shots every game. Assists come a lot easier when you are a threat to score.  Not sure what tool your talking about.  Every Rondo supporter has said how good his shot is this year,  some say it is the best in the league from 15 feet or so. You don't have to shoot 3 pt shots to score 20 pts.  I watched Rondo shoot 3's against Durant at the All star game.  He can shoot them but chooses not to.

How many scoring PGs out there shoot less than 30% from the 3pt line and less than 70% from the FT line?

You said he could, but since 2010 it hasn't happened. It's 2013 now. You said it yourself, Rondo is not a good FT shooter for a PG. And he's already a 7-year veteran. So why expect something from Rondo when after 7 years he has shown he can't do it?

He makes dumb plays because he's too hardheaded. Ask Tubby Smith and coach K. Rondo is Rondo and will always be Rondo.

Nearly every 3 pt shot Rondo has taken has been a contested 3 against a shot clock.  His percentage would go up signicantly if he would look for it and take open ones.  His free throws would also go up if he got to the line more. Trouble is passing the ball doesn't get you to the line.  

If he has to have superstars around him to be productive we are in a world of hurt.  Teams don't just go out and get superstars.  Rondo has the tools to be one.   If he can't score maybe he needs to be dangled in trade talks.  

You underestimate what he is capable of doing.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

OK guys, Royce White doesn't want to ride an airplane. 100% of current NBA players have no problem riding an airplane. We all know Royce White can do it if he puts his mind to it. But Royce White would rather not play in the NBA if he has to ride an airplane.

Same thing with Rondo. That was an uncontested lay-up but he opted to get fancy and ended up turning the ball over. Maybe 99% of NBA would have dunked that or went for a lay-up in that situation. But not Rondo!

Why?

Answer: Rondo has that inner Royce White.

Ask Tubby Smith!

You been hangin with Commie too long!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

+9

25. This post has been removed.