How will Rondo be blamed tonight?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Re: How will Rondo be blamed tonight?

In response to Karllost's comment:

It was more of the usual.... one spirited game surrounded on both sides by lazy, disinterested ones...  and even tho Rondo played like he should play all the time... his bonehead move to forego another open layup and pass the ball which led ti the KNicks scoring on the other end.. may have cost us the game.

Everyone makes bad passes or judgments... but I cant recall any player in nba history that routinely passes up wide open layups to feed a teammate for a more difficult shot. After the first couple of times DOc should have ripped Rondos head off.... yet this stupidity & carelessness  continues.

Good overall game Rondo

This is halarious....rag on him for all those things and say it cost the game but oh yeah  good game overall??? For people like you, he will never do enough so why even try to give a backhanded compliment?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Even if Rondo is A problem, the people that think he is THE problem don't know anything about hoops.

+1

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

Rondo played great tonite, and should always be aggresive, but to those that say, "He has to do this every night", REALLY? He has to get a triple double every night for you guys to be satisfied? WOW.

Dont know which imaginery people your posting this to but I would sure like to know who you're posting about???? Who said Rondo has to get a triple double every night to be satisfied with his play?? 

I'll wait patiently for your response.........................

the words were, "Rondo has to do this every night." Rondo had a triple double last night. What does that mean? Rondo has to get a triple double every night.

thanks for playing.

He does not have have a triple double every night.  He just has to play aggressive and score every night.  That's what we mean by "do this every night".

A true superstar has to bring it every nite.  Rondo played well last nite,  but if he is a superstar you bring that type effort every game.  Not saying he has to have 10 rebounds or  make 4 out of 5 shots,  just bring it every nite.  He does not do it. Last nite was the best defensive game for him in quite a while.

[/QUOTE]

True superstars like Melo? Does he bring it every night? Does Wade bring it every night? Besides which who says he is a superstar??  Is he very good yes but he is not a superstar....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Even if Rondo is A problem, the people that think he is THE problem don't know anything about hoops.

+1

Amen! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

Rondo played great tonite, and should always be aggresive, but to those that say, "He has to do this every night", REALLY? He has to get a triple double every night for you guys to be satisfied? WOW.

Dont know which imaginery people your posting this to but I would sure like to know who you're posting about???? Who said Rondo has to get a triple double every night to be satisfied with his play?? 

I'll wait patiently for your response.........................

the words were, "Rondo has to do this every night." Rondo had a triple double last night. What does that mean? Rondo has to get a triple double every night.

thanks for playing.

He does not have have a triple double every night.  He just has to play aggressive and score every night.  That's what we mean by "do this every night".

A true superstar has to bring it every nite.  Rondo played well last nite,  but if he is a superstar you bring that type effort every game.  Not saying he has to have 10 rebounds or  make 4 out of 5 shots,  just bring it every nite.  He does not do it. Last nite was the best defensive game for him in quite a while.

True superstars like Melo? Does he bring it every night? Does Wade bring it every night? Besides which who says he is a superstar??  Is he very good yes but he is not a superstar....

[/QUOTE]

Not ot mention who brings a triple double every night? the last guy to do that was oscar Robertson. Magic, didn't, lebron Doesn't. I mean it's sorta a rare thing that Rondo does rather frequently. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to basketbert's comment:

Sorry, but I think he can do it. Less focus on the assists and more on scoring. His rebounding is fine already.

Who else is going to score these days?

FWIW I agree that Rondo is not the main problem here

Basketball 101, how can you become a scorer if you're not a good FT shooter and you're not a 3-point shooter?

Answer: Find the next Paul Pierce.

You certainly can be a scorer and not shoot 3s or Ft well.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Sorry, but I think he can do it. Less focus on the assists and more on scoring. His rebounding is fine already.

Basketball 101, how can you become a scorer if you're not a good FT shooter and you're not a 3-point shooter?

Don't tell me Shaq and Wilt Chamberlain were good scorers. Neither could hit free throws. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Just accept Rondo for who he is.

Imagine a roster of:

Rondo

Sully

Shabazz or Anthony Bennett

Big Al or Josh Smith

Fab Melo or another lottery pick

The future! 

you think that team will do anything? Maybe, maybe not.

That you think so doesn't make it likely!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

I'm just reacting because someone here said Rondo and Sully for Kanter and Millsap.

COME ON!!!

Now thats silly.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Lawson and Mozgov for Rondo?

HAHAHA

i wouldn't do that either.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

Don't tell me Shaq and Wilt Chamberlain were good scorers. Neither could hit free throws. 

But shaq and wilt were deadly 3-pt shooters! ;-)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Like I said, if you guys can show me a PG who averages 18 points per game but only shoots less than 70% from the stripe and less than 30% from the 3pt line then I'll rest my case.

Why you guys think teams prefer letting Rondo shoot from the outside?

Teams know Rondo is not a scorer. That's why defenders always go under the screen when they're defending Rondo. 

and  because he can't hit    the three, the defense can adjsut much quicker to him..

also because he still tends to hesitate on his shots..but I must say that he has made improvements. But othertheams will take their chances for now and double on KG and PP..

after that, we have no scorers..We need JJ Reddick

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

These threads are amazing.

Newsflash. If Rondo wasn't on the team this team would still be average.

He is neither the problem nor is he the solution.

He is just another guy who is playing on a mediore team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

For me, at this point in time, the ppg are the most important stat for rondo and the assists the least important. With this team, rondo has to average close to 20 ppg. I don't really mind him taking 15-20 shots to get it. It may develop his scoring.

I'm thinking he's a point-guard and distributing the ball is mainly what point-guards do.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

True we didn't need it 5 years ago. 

Here's the thing, there's no indication that Rondo's going to be a scorer. If you insist on believing that then you'll be disappointed. 

And like I said, just because we need it, it doesn't mean it will happen.

Kind of like all the trade proposals,  just because we need them doesn't mean they are going to happen.

That's different. We all know our trade proposals here are just that, proposals. But expecting Rondo to become something he is not and then ranting about it when it doesn't happen, come on.

You of all people are going to talk about someone ranting?