How's Danny Done?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

How's Danny Done?

I think Danny Ainge has done a remarkable job in the off-season getting the C's ready for another title run.  I think the moves he made were the best moves available and the only realistic ones given what was realistically do-able:  but that's my opinion.

How did Danny do?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nba-favours-the-lakers. Show nba-favours-the-lakers's posts

Re: How's Danny Done?

danny screwed up we dont have a legit small forward back up
    the lakers got matt barnes for a small amout of money why couldnt we get him or somone like him danny should be fired he just handed the title to the lakers/heat

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

On a scale of 1 to 10 I would have to give Danny a strong 8. I would have given him a nine if he would have declined on signing Daniels and instead signed or kept the roster spot open for a tall and good defensive small forward. He's not the defensive back up we need for Pierce. That was his only blemish this summer. The rest of his signings were terrific.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In Response to Re: How's Danny Done?:
    [QUOTE]On a scale of 1 to 10 I would have to give Danny a strong 8. I would have given him a nine if he would have declined on signing Daniels and instead signed or kept the roster spot open for a tall and good defensive small forward. He's not the defensive back up we need for Pierce. That was his only blemish this summer. The rest of his signings were terrific.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

Except for not taking the TA contract talks seriously ... he postponed and pinched pennies where he didn't have to and even got it and more back with his Shaq & West signings. He may have gotten lucky with both those signings but only time will tell ... West will be a challenge if he doesn't medicate religiously.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I'm like Mem17, I give Ainge a strong 8. It didn't look like much was happening but in the end to get Shaq & JON that was unexpected. I would've passed on Quis but losing TA made Quis a priority. Resigning Nate is great and I think he's kind of getting lost in discussions but I see him being much better with a full training camp.

For those that are still in mourning for losing TA. Once Memphis has a chance to really check out his game and his turnover ratio they will wonder what they have done. His defense will get lost on that team. If worst comes to worst Ainge can always go get him back by the deadline if that makes some feel better.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Ainge was not responsible for TA's departure. TA himself said that he was being overshadowed by Pierce and Ray Allen in Boston, that's why he wanted out. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I agree that we still need a backup small forward.  I just hope that Marquis is a better player than he was last year. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

I like the Jermaine and Shaq signings.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

We all seem to be in agreement about the lack of a 3 to back up Pierce, or at least lack of depth at that position.  I think Daniels will do better because he seems to be the kind of player that does best when he has a role and consistent minutes. 

As to the post, to get Shaq, West, O'Neal and to get what looks like a 2nd round contributor (Harangody) is a nice off season.  This team looks pretty solid from top to bottom.  I'd say he did pretty well.     

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

I'm kind of tired about hearing how we have no back-up at small forward.  The Delonte West signing will go a long way to cover this supposed deficiency as perceived by some fans.  Quis may surprise us, but I think a guy who lost his confidence the way he did is suspect.  Delonte will definitely surprise us as he was good when he was here before, but I'm betting he excels with this team of allstars and takes his game to the next level.  We will forget all about Tony Allen, though I wish him the best and that he enjoys great success in Memphis.

I don't know what else was available that Danny could have done so I'm giving him an A+ for the off-season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]danny screwed up we dont have a legit small forward back up the lakers got matt barnes for a small amout of money why couldnt we get him or somone like him danny should be fired he just handed the title to the lakers/heat
    Posted by nba-favours-the-lakers[/QUOTE]

Barnes is over-rated, and was more money than we had to offer.  We have nice bargaining chips at the trade deadline if Wafer and Daniels can't play the backup 3.  And I still don't think you're a Celtics fan!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dboss. Show dboss's posts

I'd give him an 8.

he resigned Ray and Paul, he added the two best free agent centers which has the potential to make the Celtics dominant in the paint, he added 2 outside shooters,  Resigning Daniels was better than not getting anything.  like both draft picks.

Overall, he got quite a bit down..  If at mid season a trade is needed to get another 3 then he will porbably do that as well.

dboss

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

[QUOTE]I'm kind of tired about hearing how we have no back-up at small forward.  The Delonte West signing will go a long way to cover this supposed deficiency as perceived by some fans.  Quis may surprise us, but I think a guy who lost his confidence the way he did is suspect.  Delonte will definitely surprise us as he was good when he was here before, but I'm betting he excels with this team of allstars and takes his game to the next level.  We will forget all about Tony Allen, though I wish him the best and that he enjoys great success in Memphis. I don't know what else was available that Danny could have done so I'm giving him an A+ for the off-season.
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]
      Hi Ski,
         Can the majority of us be wrong in regards to not having an adequate backup small forward?  How can Delonte West being about 6'3 and 180 lbs effectively guard most small forwards who out weigh him by anywhere from 40 to 70 lbs and being 3 to 5 inches taller?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

He get's a solid B.

West is a guard and a good backup guard at that.  There were no available SFs worth anything. Considering all they had last year was Finley (or TA) it's not like they can't get by with Quis, BBD (he played some last year) and Harangody.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How's Danny Done? :   Hi Ski,      Can the majority of us be wrong in regards to not having an adequate backup small forward?  How can Delonte West being about 6'3 and 180 lbs effectively guard most small forwards who out weigh him by anywhere from 40 to 70 lbs and being 3 to 5 inches taller?
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

-

Da majority o youse ken B rong & wil B rong in da a long run.

Da Celtics jus don't need a back-up to Paul Pierce.  Nothing about da C's success or failure hinges on dis, or DA would have addressed it. 

It's jus a way overblown ting, & in my opinion manufactored by GM-wanna-B's. 

Show me a legittiammate NBA analysysits who say Da C's R weak at Back-up small forward and I will sit oop an pay attention.

TA's 6' 4"  and 213.  whereas da bigg diff?  33 lbs  & one lousy inch.  Dat dont amount ta diddly squat in da NBA (and den sum).  It wuz gud enuff fer Lebrons Moms.

Ken I sells ya on toughness & grit and veteran savvy?  Ta make up da difference?

Anywho I's sick o hearing it and dats my story an I standin by it.

Ya may b wright, I may be rong, but we'll hafta wait to here da song.

Nuff said?

I give youse props, dough, I culd B rong, and da C's culd sink based on da lack o a back up ta Paul Pierce, but I doubts it.

But say Paul goes down . .  now wese talkin a brand new ball game.  Different story.  But dats knot what youse have in mind is it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

B+

Daniels is worst signing..
    needs a haircut and  Acai berry juice for some energy

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]B+ Daniels is worst signing.. needs a haircut and  Acai berry juice for some energy
    Posted by dbeach48[/QUOTE]

-

11% think Danny did only a fair job which means that 100% think Danny did a "Fair or Better" job.  But it really means that 89% of us think Danny did a bang up job of it.  Jolly well said, chap.

But to your point.

MD needs to Man Up big time.  He needs to smoke more weed not less.  He plays best when he unconscious.  When he thinks, he's in big trouble, and so are we and the C's.

But I hear ya, loud & clear, I would not want my season riding on the performance of a Marquis Daniels. 

That being said I support my team and all the players on it and I wish them all success, as I wish for the best (hopeless optimist).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Hi again Ski,
        I agree with that a backup small forward is not that big of a deal. It's an issue though and I guess were looking for one more small piece to really make the C's bench great. The bench is already very strong. Who knows, maybe Daniels or Wafer will be adequate defenders at the small forward spot. As you said, we'll have to wait and see.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]Hi again Ski,     I agree with that a backup small forward is not that big of a deal. It's an issue though and I guess were looking for one more small piece to really make the C's bench great. The bench is already very strong. Who knows, maybe Daniels or Wafer will be adequate defenders at the small forward spot. As you said, we'll have to wait and see.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

-

" . . .and I guess were looking . . ."

Don't write like Rondowski:  you mean, ". . . and I guess we're looking . . .

Do as I say, not as I do (ever heard that).  LoL

But I get your drift, and that's my point exactly, not that big a deal . . .  especially to go on and on about it as if it were a major failing as fans have done on this forum.

But a werd ta da wise, I wuldn't count on Wafer contributating a damn ting.

But I'm willing to be happily surprised and be the first to jump on the Von Wafer bandwagon (I"m jus dat kinda guy).

We do got a great bench.  I can't wait to see 'em.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In Response to How's Danny Done?:
    [QUOTE]I think Danny Ainge has done a remarkable job in the off-season getting the C's ready for another title run.  I think the moves he made were the best moves available and the only realistic ones given what was realistically do-able:  but that's my opinion. How did Danny do?

A good backup for 3 would have made this a dream off-season.  Other than that, Danny did a remarkable job.  I believe the Celts will need a quality 3 backup for the matchup against the Heat.  But, there is a lot of time left.  By the trade deadline, the main rotation will be set and all the free agents will be movable. I wouldn't be surprised to see Rasheed unretire, Perkins get traded or something big happen if it will make sense for the Celts.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to How's Danny Done? : A good backup for 3 would have made this a dream off-season.  Other than that, Danny did a remarkable job.  I believe the Celts will need a quality 3 backup for the matchup against the Heat.  But, there is a lot of time left.  By the trade deadline, the main rotation will be set and all the free agents will be movable. I wouldn't be surprised to see Rasheed unretire, Perkins get traded or something big happen if it will make sense for the Celts.
    Posted by prakash[/QUOTE]

-

You been drinking the kool-aid reading the GM-Wanna B's too much.

The Celtics do not, I repeat, do not need a back up to Paul Pierce.

Nothing, I repeat, nothing, hinges on DA finding a back-up to Paul Pierce. 

Think about it: would you claim the Celtics have a great team except for one fatal flaw . . .they don't have a back-up to Paul Pierce?  They can't contend for a title because they don't have a back-up for Paul Pierce?

Oh, yeah, it would be nice to have an all-star scorer coming of the bench while Paul takes a breather, I ain't deny-ing that, but is it a deal-breaker (?) as so many here make it out to be, or is it largely inconsequential, as I claim?

Believe me, it's inconsequential.

Danny done great.  On that we are of one mind.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How's Danny Done? : Think about it: would you claim the Celtics have a great team except for one fatal flaw . . .they don't have a back-up to Paul Pierce?  They can't contend for a title because they don't have a back-up for Paul Pierce? Oh, yeah, it would be nice to have an all-star scorer coming of the bench while Paul takes a breather, I ain't deny-ing that, but is it a deal-breaker (?) as so many here make it out to be, or is it largely inconsequential, as I claim?

I wish I shared your confidence.  There is only one team against which the Celts will need a backup 3.  Miami.  Not because Paul will need a breather.  But to protect against foul trouble.  Other than that, I would not have bothered.  And I am fully expecting a Miami-Boston showdown in the East.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How's Danny Done? : I wish I shared your confidence.  There is only one team against which the Celts will need a backup 3.  Miami.  Not because Paul will need a breather.  But to protect against foul trouble.  Other than that, I would not have bothered.  And I am fully expecting a Miami-Boston showdown in the East.
    Posted by prakash[/QUOTE]

-

Oh, I hear you very well.  Miami.  But listen up: we will tear them apart, with or without a back-up 3.

You have to imagine how the C's will play Miami, how they will dominate them and drive them into biting themselves in their celebrated-arse.

It's difficult to do, imagining, but think Delonte, think of how great a player we got in Delonte, think of how he will elevate his game and those of the bench guys around him, think Ray, think Paul, think a healthy KG, think Shaq, think, Jermaine, think Baby:  forget about Miami, they got nothing come play-off time.

I say, just say no to the nay-sayers.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Check this out Harangody will be PP's back up. He is as big as PP size wise and he shoots really well from the outside and he will be a better rebounder than wht they could have gotten anywhere's else. 20/10 in a 4 yr career in the college ranks and he did that in the Big East,no small feat.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]Check this out Harangody will be PP's back up. He is as big as PP size wise and he shoots really well from the outside and he will be a better rebounder than wht they could have gotten anywhere's else. 20/10 in a 4 yr career in the college ranks and he did that in the Big East,no small feat.
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]

-

No, it is a small feat, as some others pointed out, the good players come into the NBA after their 1st or 2nd college season.  Playing 4 years is no longer a recommendation: just ask Ryan Gomes.

I would be surprised if Harongody even makes the team, let alone plays any meaningful minutes.

I saw him in the rookie summer league and based on that observation, no way will he be Paul Pierces's back-up. 

That's my opinion: let him prove me wrong, and I will jump on his bandwagon as I only want the C's to win and every player succeed.