Hump and Bass

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Hump and Bass

I wish we could keep one of them.  It would be a nice part of a good team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

Re: Hump and Bass

for Hump's sake he should go to a contender.

for the Celtics' sake, and my sanity's sake, Bass should just go.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLACFAN. Show FLACFAN's posts

In response to chetgnat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

for Hump's sake he should go to a contender.

for the Celtics' sake, and my sanity's sake, Bass should just go.

[/QUOTE]

My 2 cents!

Keep them both.  We need both a big 5 and time for chemistry and maturity with draft picks.  Use Fav and Hump in the five for the next few years and look for a big through the draft in the next 5 years.  We have about 10 of them to pick or trade.  In the meanwhile Bass and Hump are now 2 of our most consistent players.  Let them train the newbies.

We have enough to compete now for the next few years and slowly add better players.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

In response to FLACFAN's comment:

My 2 cents!

Keep them both.  We need both a big 5 and time for chemistry and maturity with draft picks.  Use Fav and Hump in the five for the next few years and look for a big through the draft in the next 5 years.  We have about 10 of them to pick or trade.  In the meanwhile Bass and Hump are now 2 of our most consistent players.  Let them train the newbies.

We have enough to compete now for the next few years and slowly add better players.

That means the Celtics will just be a middle of the pack team for the next few years.

Why would you want that?

Every year you know you're not going to the Finals and you're not going to get a great player in the draft.

We'll be back to what happened to the Celtics in the early 90s.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

The Celts already have 2 PFs that will be wearing green for a long time.

Sully and Oly are the future.

So why add another PF at 7-8m per year?

We saw what happened when Hump was defending Duncan last night.

Brad Stevens had to turn to Joel Anthony in the 4th qtr. because Hump, Bass, and Sully couldn't stop Duncan.

Ainge needs to find a real Center.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Celts already have 2 PFs that will be wearing green for a long time.

Sully and Oly are the future.

So why add another PF at 7-8m per year?

We saw what happened when Hump was defending Duncan last night.

Brad Stevens had to turn to Joel Anthony in the 4th qtr. because Hump, Bass, and Sully couldn't stop Duncan.

Ainge needs to find a real Center.

[/QUOTE]

Imagine if they had Splitter...................and Parker and Ginobli....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Imagine if they had Splitter...................and Parker and Ginobli....

True.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

DUMP THEM BOTH , COLLECT ASSETS AND FLEXIBILTY, AND ENSURE THERE WON'T BE ANY SIGNIFICANT WINNING STREAKS FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON......CELTICS NEED A TOP 10 PLAYER IN THIS DRAFT AND I BELIEVE THE MASTERPLAN IS TO GET 2 OF THE TOP 10 PLAYERS IN THIS DRAFT, EVEN IF IT MEANS CASHING IN MANY OF THE FUTURE DRAFT PICKS

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:
    [QUOTE]

DUMP THEM BOTH , COLLECT ASSETS AND FLEXIBILTY, AND ENSURE THERE WON'T BE ANY SIGNIFICANT WINNING STREAKS FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON......CELTICS NEED A TOP 10 PLAYER IN THIS DRAFT AND I BELIEVE THE MASTERPLAN IS TO GET 2 OF THE TOP 10 PLAYERS IN THIS DRAFT, EVEN IF IT MEANS CASHING IN MANY OF THE FUTURE DRAFT PICKS

[/QUOTE]

"Dumping" and acquring assests don't really mesh!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Trade Candidate: Brandon Bass

The development of Terrence Jones would seem to have dissuaded Houston from revisiting the idea of trading for Bass. The 6’9″ Jones has a slightly larger frame than the 6’8″ Bass, and while both he and Bass know their shooting range doesn’t extend any more than a few feet away from the basket, Jones has been much more efficient. Jones has an 18.1 PER this season compared to the 15.1 mark Bass is posting. Jones is also cheaper, and while Bass could provide the Rockets with an intriguing bench option, the Rockets probably have no call for a reserve power forward who lacks an outside shot and makes nearly $13.5MM between this year and next.

The Suns view him as an alternative to Pau Gasol, but he probably wouldn’t be their first option if they can’t work out a deal with the Lakers, particularly given that GM Ryan McDonough is on the lookout for stars. The Bobcats have been particularly active in trade rumors this month, having been linked to Evan Turner and Greg Monroe, among others, and while Bass would be an improvement over starting power forward Josh McRoberts, Charlotte probably has other priorities.

The Thunder’s interest is curious, since they already have an off-the-bench banger in Nick Collison. The 33-year-old Collison is seeing fewer minutes this season than in any year since he was a rookie, and perhaps Oklahoma City is looking for an upgrade to Bass, a better scorer. Collison only makes about $2.6MM this season, so the Thunder would have to add more salary to the deal to entice the Celtics to take him on and to avoid going into the tax. Both Oklahoma City and Boston are in close proximity to the tax line, so if the teams hooked up on a deal, the salaries would have to align nearly perfectly.

There are clearly plenty of teams interested in Bass, but I’d be surprised if the Celtics can wrangle too much in return. Deveney suggested that a first-round pick could be in play, but I’m highly skeptical that Ainge will be able to command that. The Celtics are probably best served targeting a deal that provides salary relief and perhaps an undervalued young player they can develop.

Not so sure Danny would want Collison for two years when we could just take OKC's $6.5MM TPE or a combo of players like Sefalosha & Perry

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Agree that bass and hump are good pieces on a GOOD team, only problem we are not a good team. They both MUST go.

I understand the logic behind tanking and do agree in general that you dont want to be a middle of the pack team, but thats where we will most likely be reguardless of which direction we take.  We are not overtaking miami or indiana in the east any time soon. Even if we got super lucky and landed a kevin love. Keep in mind kevin love  has never been to the playoffs in his career. Offensive minded bigs are overrated players (see big al, carlos boozer, amare  etc). those guys are great if you have another star but they are not true conerstones of a team. Kevin love is no kg.

I am content on building this team thru trade or draft, cuz in either case we are most likely going to end up in a similiar situation a 4-7 seed playoff team, which a lot of very good teams in the west would kill for.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to gman101019's comment:

Agree that bass and hump are good pieces on a GOOD team, only problem we are not a good team. They both MUST go.

I understand the logic behind tanking and do agree in general that you dont want to be a middle of the pack team, but thats where we will most likely be reguardless of which direction we take.  We are not overtaking miami or indiana in the east any time soon. Even if we got super lucky and landed a kevin love. Keep in mind kevin love  has never been to the playoffs in his career. Offensive minded bigs are overrated players (see big al, carlos boozer, amare  etc). those guys are great if you have another star but they are not true conerstones of a team. Kevin love is no kg.

I am content on building this team thru trade or draft, cuz in either case we are most likely going to end up in a similiar situation a 4-7 seed playoff team, which a lot of very good teams in the west would kill for.

I don't think we're as bad a team as some think. A Center protecting the rim with some semblance of offense and rebounding will go a long way in making the other players better. Asidn from a center, we need a scorer ... an inside, outside scorer with the ability to create his own shot or get to the free throw line. Add those two pieces and this team isn't nearly as bad as you think. JMO

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

We are a bad team.  We do need an effective true center and a shooter and that was why it was so important for the Cs to get a top 5 pick this year.

If Danny does his job we get one of the two in the draft this year. Another piece in the draft next year and has money to sign an all star free agent.

We are not going to get those needed pieces while we are trying to tank.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

I don't thin we're as bad a team as some think. A Center protecting the rim with some semblance of offense and rebounding will go a long way in making the other players better. Asign from a center, we need a scorer ... an inside, outside scorer with the ability to create his own shot or get to the free throw line. Add those two pieces and this team isn't nearly as bad as you think. JMO

We're also not as good as you think.

You're talking like it's very easy to get a quality Center and a scorer.

A quality Center and a scorer are what almost all NBA teams need, duh!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

I expect we'd be able to get at least one of the many FA centers available in 2015 .... and, with all our draft picks and that $10MM TPE Danny s/b able to find a scorer and if not the ultimate scorer one that can be flipped for that player when he is found/available.

You have to start with something and build from there ... waiting for draft picks to develop or the perfect young center (Embiid??) and having the right draft pick to get him can be a losers game while your core turns into Gerald Wallace.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

I expect we'd be able to get at least one of the many FA centers available in 2015 .... and, with all our draft picks and that $10MM TPE Danny s/b able to find a scorer and if not the ultimate scorer one that can be flipped for that player when he is found/available.

You have to start with something and build from there ... waiting for draft picks to develop or the perfect young center (Embiid??) and having the right draft pick to get him can be a losers game while your core turns into Gerald Wallace.

That's because you can't see the big picture.

The core is composed of players that are 21-23 years old.

Rondo is the only exception.

Jeff Green might not even be a part of the core.

Sully, Oly, maybe Bradley, and a total of 4 1st round picks in 2014 and 2015.

That's your core.

You really think the Celts will be rebuilt next season?

HAHAHA

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

I dont think we are that  bad of a team , but im a big celtics fan, so im  a bit biased, our record speaks for itself. We are what are record says we are, one of the worst teams in the league.

I agree with you that a rim protector would help us tremendously, at least on the defensive end. Offensively our spacing still would need help and it could be argued a rim stopper (asik for example) would make it even worse.  we desperately need more 3pt shooting, if you watch teams defend us they pack it in so much , when we drive there are usually 3 or 4 guys waiting for us.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

I dont think we are that  bad of a team , but im a big celtics fan, so im  a bit biased, our record speaks for itself. We are what are record says we are, one of the worst teams in the league.

I agree with you that a rim protector would help us tremendously, at least on the defensive end. Offensively our spacing still would need help and it could be argued a rim stopper (asik for example) would make it even worse.  we desperately need more 3pt shooting, if you watch teams defend us they pack it in so much , when we drive there are usually 3 or 4 guys waiting for us.

Before the season started, I said the Celts will be a lottery team for 3 reasons.

1. No star player like Pierce.

2. No defensive anchor like KG.

3. No shooters.

All 3 are very hard to find.

Almost every team in the NBA are looking for a star player or a defensive anchor or both.

That's why it's a long process that could take 5 years or more.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

With all that said l would still trade for asik, becuz I dont think we can draft anyone (center is weak in this years draft, other than embiid who we r very unlikely to get)  or pick up a free agent that can do what he can.  He is statistically one of the best defenders and rebounders in the league, and he is still young enough to build around. 

Hump+ 2nd rounder (philly)

Or bbass,vitor 2nd rounder.

If push comes to shove and they want our 1st rounder Id give them the future 1st from the clippers trade (  i think its in 2015 pick)  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"My 2 cents!

Keep them both."

So - keep our most tradeable players. Keep everyone. Make the playoffs, lose in first round to Pacers or Heat. Rinse and repeat. 

FAIL

They should both be moved if they can be.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

exactly

[/QUOTE]

I don't think we're as bad a team as some think. A Center protecting the rim with some semblance of offense and rebounding will go a long way in making the other players better. Asidn from a center, we need a scorer ... an inside, outside scorer with the ability to create his own shot or get to the free throw line. Add those two pieces and this team isn't nearly as bad as you think. JMO

[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I'm sorry, but anyone not slated to be part of the core in 2-3 years should be traded.  Bass and KH are guys you acquire when you have a nice nucleus in place, you know, when you're a legitimate playoff team.  I don't want this team in the playoffs unless it's a team that can win a series or two and be a legit threat for the ECF.  Until that time, I'd rather Danny compile as many assest as he can even if it means signing D-leaguers and trading decent vets for draft picks and for guys on expiring deals. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

I'm sorry, but anyone not slated to be part of the core in 2-3 years should be traded.  Bass and KH are guys you acquire when you have a nice nucleus in place, you know, when you're a legitimate playoff team.  I don't want this team in the playoffs unless it's a team that can win a series or two and be a legit threat for the ECF.  Until that time, I'd rather Danny compile as many assest as he can even if it means signing D-leaguers and trading decent vets for draft picks and for guys on expiring deals. 

+1

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+2

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+3.........do I hear +4?