Re: Humphries Firesale

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

In response to hops29's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to chris33's comment:

[QUOTE]

I don't understand all the hate on Humphries.

He's not a Laker.

I don't either.  The guy's a walking double-double, but he isn't part of the Celtics future.  I don't want him on the team because it will make us better.  He is also overpaid at 12 million a year.  I would prefer to jettison that salary and maybe clear a little room so we can take a risk on a guy like Oden.  I think trading Wallace should be our first priority, though.

[/QUOTE]

That walking double double averaged 5.3 pts and 5.6 Rebs a game last year.

[/QUOTE]

In 18 minutes a game?  That's pretty good.  Not saying he's not the most overpaid player in the league by far, but he's no stiff either.   Oh, and in 2010-2011 he averaged 10 pts and 10 rebs in 27 mpg and in 2011-2012 he averaged 13.8 ppg and 11 rbg....so, yeah, that is my definition of a walking double-double.

[/QUOTE]

Gerald Wallace was an All star 3 years ago.  Does that mean he is a lock this year?  So Humps had a good year 3 years ago, so did a lot of other guys that are considered trash players now.  That's what he is.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

That's correct. Since this will be structured as more than 1 trade involving multiple players the C's can trade any player asap rather than the usual holding period. Because Bogan is a S&T he is exempt from the holding period as well. They needed to give Bogans a three yr deal in a S&T with the first year guaranteed to make the numbers work. But what most forget is that by waiving Bogans, he gets his guaranteed 1st yr salary (about $5MM) which the C's can stretch over twice the length of the contract plus an additional year giving us 7 yrs to write off that $5MM .... Danny is a GENIUS!!!!

Wait a minute, two things:

1. Are you sure the non-guarenteed salary after year 1 is not made guarenteed by using the stretch provision?

2. Isnt the stretch provision the number of years left*2 +1. If its just the one year guarenteed of 5M, wouldn't that be "stretched" over 3 years, not seven?

I may be wrong, but seems like its got to be one or the other. 7 years of everything guarenteed, or 3 years with the 5M.

[/QUOTE]

They are only responsible for only the Guaranteed portion of his salary once waived. You are correct though that the portion of the contract being paid can be stretched ... so, since it's $5MM for 1 yr the C's can stretch that over 3 yrs and can reduce the team salary by $3.3MM since they are only charged with $1.7MM/yr.

The waiving team continues to pay the guaranteed portion of the terminated contract (see question number 62). For contracts signed or extended before the current CBA took effect, the team and player may negotiate a revised payment schedule (see question numbers 65 and 66). The revised payment schedule may call for the guaranteed portion of the player's salary to be paid over a longer or shorter period of time than originally specified in the contract, or even as a lump sum.

Individually negotiated revisions to the payment schedule are not allowed for contracts signed or extended under the current CBA2. For these contracts or extensions the remaining guaranteed salary for a waived player is "stretched" and paid in equal amounts over a greater time span, as follows:

• If the player is waived from July 1 to August 31, then his remaining salary is paid over twice the number of years remaining on his contract, plus one. For example, if the player is waived on August 1 with two seasons remaining on his contract at $10.2 million and $10.3 million, respectively, then his remaining salary is paid over five years (two seasons times two, plus one), in even amounts of $4.1 million per year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

Why does the NBA have this silly contract nonsense? They should have fought for nfl type provisions that allow players to be outright released with no penalty other than up front money paid.

Losing an illusion makes you wiser than finding the truth.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Again, why stretch 5m when it's like an expiring deal?

The stretch provision is practical if there are more multiple years left on the deal.

5m is not a cap killer. There may be playoff teams that would be interested in Bogans at the trade deadline.

It's simply not practical to use the stretch provision on 5m.

Why waste $5MM in cap space if you don't have to ... Bogans isn't a player the C's wanted for a roster spot. He's a player they needed to make the big deal work. Again, if unable to trade for a TPE or pick then cut him with the smallest damage to the cap as possible.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Again, why stretch 5m when it's like an expiring deal?

The stretch provision is practical if there are more multiple years left on the deal.

5m is not a cap killer. There may be playoff teams that would be interested in Bogans at the trade deadline.

It's simply not practical to use the stretch provision on 5m.

Why waste $5MM in cap space if you don't have to ... Bogans isn't a player the C's wanted for a roster spot. He's a player they needed to make the big deal work. Again, if unable to trade for a TPE or pick then cut him with the smallest damage to the cap as possible.

[/QUOTE]

So let's make a deal.

If Bogans is stretched then I make a thread about how wrong I was thinking Ainge wouldn't stretch Bogans. But if Bogans is not stretched, you make a thread about how stupid you were thinking 5m is a cap killer. 

Deal?

[/QUOTE]

BITE ME BET WELCHER!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

You even steal everyone's lines ... you're brainless, unable to think of anything yourself.

Someone tells you to grow a pair and use it on the same person ... How incapable!

Someone calls you a Fungus and you call all your detractors Fungus ... How original!

Hey ... How bout last night when you told me that Howard was already signed and I had the Houston team salary wrong ... THAT WAS HILARIOUSLY DUMB ... you didn't even read or understand the table you were referring to ... How DUMB are you??????

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

calm down people...come on man...

and no way bogans get's stretched...not 5mil. easy to just add him in a deal later..it's a good contract to have...

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

[QUOTE]

calm down people...come on man...

and no way bogans get's stretched...not 5mil. easy to just add him in a deal later..it's a good contract to have...

That's what I've been saying and Mployee is telling me I'm dumb.

You are 100% correct. 5m is not a cap killer and could be used in a deal later.

Why would you stretch 5m if it's considered an expiring deal?

That's just dumb!

[/QUOTE]

Another LIE!!!!

You never said it was a good contract to have ... all you've been saying is it's not a cap killer ... There you go again!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

You even steal everyone's lines ... you're brainless, unable to think of anything yourself.

Someone tells you to grow a pair and use it on the same person ... How incapable!

Someone calls you a Fungus and you call all your detractors Fungus ... How original!

Hey ... How bout last night when you told me that Howard was already signed and I had the Houston team salary wrong ... THAT WAS HILARIOUSLY DUMB ... you didn't even read or understand the table you were referring to ... How DUMB are you??????

Everybody here already knows Dwight will sign with the Rockets. Nothing was going to change.

You keep saying I'm dumb. But when you talk about salary cap matters, it's like your brain is draped in fungus.

Seriously, it took you some time to figure out what the new tax apron was.

You also thought Asik's poison pill contract would have a cap hit of 15m. Now that's dumb.

The Rockets ending up with 73m in total salaries for 2014-15 is pure DUMB!

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

See what I mean ... Garbage in, garbage out!

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

Another LIE!!!!

You never said it was a good contract to have ... all you've been saying is it's not a cap killer ... There you go again!

I didn't say it's a good contract to have, obviously.

But if it's not a cap killer then it's not a bad contract. 

So why would you stretch a contract that's not a cap killer?

Use your common sense.

[/QUOTE]

Why don't you stretch it if you can? Especially if you can't trade it w/o taking back salary.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Garbage in = 71.7m tax apron

More garbage in = Rockets will have 73m in total salaries in 2014-15

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Who said WILL HAVE .... I said their 2014-15' PROJECTED team salary was $73MM ... Trying to twist my words again to avoid looking dumb some more. Everyone here can read your idiot responses last night and how uninformed, lacking in reading comprehension and conniving you are.

It's funny ... Fungus you consistently misinterpret charts when it comes to team salaries ... But we should rely upon you for cap info .... LOL .... HAHAHA ... You're a FUNNY GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

Garbage in = 71.7m tax apron

More garbage in = Rockets will have 73m in total salaries in 2014-15

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Who said WILL HAVE .... I said their 2014-15' PROJECTED team salary was $73MM ... Trying to twist my words again to avoid looking dumb some more. Everyone here can read your idiot responses last night and how uninformed, lacking in reading comprehension and conniving you are.

It's funny ... Fungus you consistently misinterpret charts when it comes to team salaries ... But we should rely upon you for cap info .... LOL .... HAHAHA ... You're a FUNNY GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You really want to play this game again?

Your source was hoopshype, which counted Asik and Lin's contract as 15m. That's why you said their projected total salaries would reach 73m.

I kept asking you where did you get that projected 73m figure. You said hoopshype. 

You even called me an idiot for being right!

The problem with you is you didn't do research. If you did your homework then you would not have ended up looking like a fool, again!

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/houston.htm

Projected salaries includes player and team options? And it does include Asil & Lin's full salaries.

You do know there's a difference between cap hold and a team's payroll don't you. Asik & Lin's salaries only affect their cap by $8+/-MM per yr as long as they are on "their team." Once traded their cap hold goes with them.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/houston.htm

Projected salaries includes player and team options? And it does include Asil & Lin's full salaries.

You do know there's a difference between cap hold and a team's payroll don't you. Asik & Lin's salaries only affect their cap by $8+/-MM per yr as long as they are on "their team." Once traded their cap hold goes with them.

You really insist on being a moron?

Cap hold?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Seriously, cap holds only apply if your contract already expired.

If the Rockets trade Asik to Boston then Boston inherits Asik's poison pill contract. That means the Celtics will pay Asik 15m in 2014-15 but his cap hit is still 8.4m. That's salary cap 101.

Wow!

You're really unraveling.

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

No I'm not ... I agree that the cap hit for them is $8MM/yr to whoever has them this year and next but the team salary isn't reduced by $7MM .... they still pay the entire salary. You are claiming the team will only pay $8MM and that's not right! Team projected Salary includes the $15MM. What the league uses at the end of 2015 to calculate team salary regarding the tax cap would be $8MM rather than $15MM but that's not what you said!  Keep spinning it till you can correct your error trying to make me look like the ignorant one when you were wrong right from the start including Howards salary when he hadn't even been signed yet and trying to say that I was wrong .... Your nothing more than a Little Schoolgirl Fungus!

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.