Humphries Firesale

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Re: Humphries Firesale

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Mployee8's comment:

[QUOTE]

No I'm not ... I agree that the cap hit for them is $8MM/yr to whoever has them this year and next but the team salary isn't reduced by $7MM .... they still pay the entire salary. You are claiming the team will only pay $8MM and that's not right! Team projected Salary includes the $15MM. What the league uses at the end of 2015 to calculate team salary regarding the tax cap would be $8MM rather than $15MM but that's not what you said!  Keep spinning it till you can correct your error trying to make me look like the ignorant one when you were wrong right from the start including Howards salary when he hadn't even been signed yet and trying to say that I was wrong .... Your nothing more than a Little Schoolgirl Fungus!

Here are your words, Mployee.

posted at 7/13/2013 12:00 AM EDT

• Mployee8
    • First: 7/8/2008
    • Last: 7/13/2013

If the C's succeed in trading Wallace for a pick and a TPE and can execute a trade of Humphries for Asik, Danny will cut our team salary from $70MM to approximately $56MM. If he is unable to move Bogans he can waive him and use the stretch provision to write off his $5MM S&T contract over 7 years. That means the team salary would be cut to $51MM!!!

Ainge wasn't kidding when he said he wouldn't need the MLE exception this year even though he won't be entitled to the full MLE anyway as pointed out by the media. Best part of that entire media chess game is that they thought they were correcting Danny's error but indeed, Danny speaks the truth and is one step ahead of the wise guys in the media ... LOL!!!!

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=p5anc7u

PS: Why does Houston consider making this trade? For 2014 their team salary is projected to be $51MM w/o Howard. With Howard @ $22MM that jumps to $73MM. By taking on Humphries expiring contract this year they get out of the Poison pill salary owed Asik in 2014 of $15MM and have an expiring contract that they can move by the trade deadline if they aren't serious contenders or if they are but Hump isn't providing any added value. In 2014, instead of having a team salary of $73MM they will now have a team salary of $58MM or more depending on who they trade to and what they take back (assuming they dump the contract for a pick and TPE or a low salaried player and a pick w/o having to take back equal salary). WOW ... a trade that works for both teams!!!!

[/QUOTE]

And your point is?

Read for comprehension .... "TEAM SALARY"

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

humphries had been a productive big in the nba.  he had ONE BAD YEAR = last year.  i would not fire sale him just for the sake of fire-sale-ing him.  olynyk is not ready for 35 clicks a night.  maybe 15 to start then more soon but we need a klunker guy to wipe the glass for us.  you have to field a functional team for crying out loud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

humphries had been a productive big in the nba.  he had ONE BAD YEAR = last year.  i would not fire sale him just for the sake of fire-sale-ing him.  olynyk is not ready for 35 clicks a night.  maybe 15 to start then more soon but we need a klunker guy to wipe the glass for us.  you have to field a functional team for crying out loud

exactly...if it was up to me..i would keep him..the guy can play ball...even wallace....

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to raider3524's comment:

[QUOTE]

exactly...if it was up to me..i would keep him..the guy can play ball...even wallace....

If Humphries stays then Bass goes.

Can't have Sully, Bass, and Humphries in one team. That would be a waste of money.

[/QUOTE]

don't be mad at me..but i don't like bass...i want bass off this team...humphries would start at center...so it's not that much of a waste of money...

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.